Chapter 9

Buffy ran out into the hallway and started hitting the wall she turned and leaned against the wall as she collapsed to the floor. She got up when she heard the door open. It was Spike.

“I’m sorry luv… I didn’t know what to say I…” he was cut off.

“Your roommate!” she screamed. “You introduced me as your roommate!”

“Look pet I couldn’t say anything more technically that’s all we are.” He was cut off again with another scream.

“WHAT!” Buffy screamed. “I can’t believe it Harmony was right.”

“What you talked to Harmony about me?” he yelled at her.

“No! She came into the room this morning and told me all about you and how luv your girls and dump em’ in the same day.” She sobbed. “I thought I was different! But I guess I was wrong.”

“Oh bloody hell luv don’t get all weepy on me. I thought we were just havin a little fun.” His heart dropped. He knew he was hurting her. For some reason when ever Drusilla came into his life any other women just wasn’t important to him. He felt nothing for the other women he was with. But there was something different he felt about Buffy there was some gut feeling telling him not to hurt her. But his feelings for Drusilla were still more powerful.

Buffy was overwhelmed with sorrow and anger. “Smack!!” she had no idea what came over, but she smacked him right across the face. “You know I didn’t want to believe Harmony when she told me how much of an asshole you were!” she looked up at him with so much anger. “But I guess I was totally wrong about that too.” She ran out the door. Spike felt awful he almost cried.

He was confused. “What the bloody hell is wrong with me! Get together Spike!” he thought to himself shaking his head before going back into the room.

“So she’s not really just your roommate, is she?” Drusilla asked as Spike came thru the door.

“No not exactly pet.” He said quietly as he looked down at the floor. “We just started… never mind it’s not important luv. So what brings you to town?”

“Well I’ve been thinking a lot about us and well let’s just say I can’t live without you. And I know you feel the same way don’t you luv?” she said getting up and putting a hand on his cheek

“Of course!”

“Great! So you’ll come with me back to London right?” Spike was shocked.

“Whoa! Back to London?” he asked still in shock as he sat down. “With what money?”

“Well I’m sure you noticed your room is all messy. Look at what I found under your little girlfriends bed.” It was Buffy’s necklace. “Isn’t it pretty I’m bettin’ we can get at least $300 for it, and I’ve got about $600 in the bank. How much do you have?”

“Wait I don’t think we should…” he said reaching for the necklace.

“What? This girl’s got you little soft now hasn’t she?” she said with a little laughter in her voice.

“No! Of course not it’s just… never mind.” He said embarrassed at her words. “I’ve got about $1000 in the bank.”

“Ok so you’re going with me then?”

Chapter 10

Buffy ran out of the house ignoring everyone who was sitting in the living room. Willow and Xander followed her out.

“What’s wrong?” Willow asked sitting down next to her.

Buffy could barely talk thru her crying. “Spike… I mean William he…”

“Oh Drusilla’s back huh?” Xander said with understanding. “So you got involved with him too.”

“Yeah, I thought I was different I thought maybe…” she started to cry harder.

“Oh Buffy don’t cry over him he’s not worth the tears.” Willow put her arms around her.

“But I… I lost it to him… I trusted him!” Buffy sobbed.

“Yeah I know Spikes very manipulative like that.” Willow tried to comfort her, but Buffy pulled away.

“I… I have to go somewhere… I need to do something. I can’t stay here.” Buffy said stepping off the porch.

“Ok then let’s go somewhere.” Xander jumped down excited. “Let’s go to the Bronze!”

“Yeah! We can go get our boogy on over there!” Willow said running inside.

Angel looked up from Cordelia as Willow ran thru the door. “Angel can you take us to the Bronze?” she asked grabbing a coat.

“Alright let’s go babe!” Angel grabbed his keys and they headed for the Bronze.

Mean while Spike and Drusilla were still discussing what was going to happen.

“What is there to think about luv? Just go with me! Don’t you love me?” Drusilla was irritated.

“You know what let’s get out of here. Let’s go to the Bronze.” He said grabbing his duster.