Chapter 2

“ Chicago huh? I’ve always wanted to go to Chicago!”

“Really? Well this is totally of the subject but where are we going?”

“Oh! No-one told you?”

“No, my room-mate didn’t really fill me in.”

“Huh, your rooming with William aren’t you?”

“Oh yeah,” she said with a sigh.

“He’s not the most charming guy is he?”

“No not really,” she said sighing again.

“Well all the other girls seem to like him.”

“Really, well I noticed Cordelia really likes him.”

“Yeah, I guess cause he’s so cool and handsome.”

“You’re not so bad yourself you know.”

“You Think? I don’t know all the girls seem to flock to him. I guess it’s because he’s a bad boy or something.”

“Why? You like somebody in that crowd don’t you?”

“No! Well yeah. I like Cordelia.”

“Really! Well she is pretty.”

“Yeah! And she’s smart, graceful, and funny.”

“Oh? You really like her don’t you?” Buffy laughed as the has comes to a halt.

“Well we’re here,” Angel says getting up. He held his hand out to help her up.

“Where is here exactly?” She asks grabbing his hand.

“Oh! We’re at the junkyard.”

“The junkyard?”

“Yeah! You see we…”

“Alright kids get to work!” Clara interrupts.

“Buffy get over here!” Buffy runs over.

“Yes, Maam!”

“Go grab a blue suit and a name tag from the supply closet then meet me out on the field.”

“Ok” Buffy runs down the hall and into the supply closet. She looked around but all of them were huge, so she grabbed the smallest she could find. Then she folded up her sleaves and pants, and ran out onto the field. The smell wreaked so bad she gagged so hard she felt her stomach turn all the way around.

“Cough! Cough! Um….Maam,” she said as she covered her nose and mouth.

“Oh! Here!” Clara hands her a paper mask. Buffy puts the mask on. (it didn’t help)

“Thanks!”

“Ok! So here is where you put the metal scraps you find, each pound is worth 2 dollars. Out of what we get paid you get paid half. Now go get diggin’ the more metals you get the more you get paid.”

“Ok,” Buffy goes off into the dump. She starts to dig.

“Oh, hey you’re gonna need these,” Angel said as she offers her some gloves.

“Thankyou!” she said with a sigh of relief. “So this is an odd job for kids.”

“Yeah, some how Clara convinced the board that it gives us discipline.”

“Well, I guess so! But don’t we have to go to school or something?”

“Oh, yeah that’s after work. School for us doesn’t start until 1:30 in the afternoon.”

“Oh, Ok well I guess it isn’t so bad over here. Thanks for explaining. You’re a really great guy you know that?”

“Thanks a lot, but I’m just trying to help is all.”

“That’s what makes you a great guy.”

“Thanks, well I better get back to work. I’ll see you.” Then she turns around. “Well this is great,” she thought to herself.

3 Hours Later

“Breathing heavily.” Buffy was so exhausted as she sits down on one of the benches.

“Hey Buffy how’s you’re first day goin.”
Buffy looks up and she’s surprised to see Willow standing over her.

“Oh, well Ok I guess. I’m exhausted though!”

“Yeah, I remember my first day it sucked. Well are you eating lunch with anyone today? Cause if not you can go with me.”

“Well I was supposed to meet Angel somewhere. I think.”

“Angel? Oh he sits with me too so you don’t have to worry! Come on let’s go.” Willow pulls her off the chair and into the cafeteria. Then they get in line for food. Angel is in front of her grabbing a sandwich.

“Hey, Buffy so how is your day goin? I’m bettin you’re pretty tired!”

“Yeah, exhausted is more like it. My arms feel like noodles!”

“laugh, well you’ll get used to it don’t worry. Well I’m gonna go sit. See you at the table?”

“Ya, Ok!” she says as Angel leaves.

“Well, I see you’re gettin’ along great with the pretty boy.” The voice came from behind her but she already new who it was by the the London accent.

“Ya! He seems like a great guy.”

“Yeah if you like pansy boys like that.” William turns and walks away.

Buffy walks and sits down next to Angel and Willow. Cordelia sitting right across from her glaring at her.

“So I hear you’re bunking with William.” Cordelia says as she puts her sandwich down. “Look, I’m only saying this once. He’s way out of your league honey. I laid too much ground work and time to have some little girl screw it up just when he starts to get close to me. Just keep your hands off William and everything between us will be fine! Is that clear!”

“Picture perfect! You can have him, no problem.” Buffy says as she opens her juice.


*Please Review*