Chapter Ten – 1987 Buffy

Here I am stuck at another town meeting where all they talk about is those damn streetlights. Big yawn. Plus sitting in between my parents, not all that much fun. I wish that their divorce would just be over with already.
My friends don’t understand. Willow barely talks to her parents so she would never be able to relate, and Cordelia would not even bother trying to relate to my dilemma. I just wish I had someone all to my self for once.
Thank god. It’s over. We stood up and walked out as quickly as we could to get away from the crowd. That’s when we saw him. He was with some other dark haired girl, but he was all I could see. My mother grabbed my upper arm and pulled me along. "That’s the kind of trash I want you to stay away from." I pulled my arm away from her and looked back. He wasn’t trash he was gorgeous.

:: A few days later:: -- William

"Oh my god fashion victim much?" Cordelia Chase let out while she and two of her friends, a red head and a blonde, walking to their class. I was by my locker with Xander Harris and Oz.

"That’s right ladies walk right by." Xander mumbled. "She’ll never notice me." He looked after the group of girls.

"What’s that?" Oz asked.

"Nothing, its just Willow’s never gonna let me ask her to the dance."

"Maybe you should try asking her."

"Maybe. What do you think Spike?" Xander and Oz looked over at me. I wasn’t paying attention. I was to busy watching the blonde girl reach for books out of her locker. She was gorgeous. I had never really noticed before, but the way her sundress rode up on the back of her legs and her lightly tanned skin was enough for any male to go weak in the knees.

"I’ll be right back mate." I said as I walked as sexy as I could up to the blonde girl. "Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked her.

She turned slightly just so I could see the depth in her emerald eyes. She was the girl from the roller rink. "Nope." She went to walk away.

"Can I get a name?" She smiled and walked backwards away.

"Buffy." The heavens had now opened.