Chapter Eleven – William

It would have been a beautiful day if I wasn’t dreading tomorrow. Tomorrow is Buffy and my daughter’s welcome home party that Joyce had planned. "Hey Uncle Will." My nephew Conner had said from the front desk of the my auto-mechanic shop. He would be the same age as my daughter, maybe a little younger.

"Hey Conner." I said absently.

"There’s a lady in your office, she said she wanted to talk to you."
I nodded, took a deep breath and opened my office door. It was her. "Hi." My eyes were fixated on her. If it was possible she was more beautiful then the last time I saw her and I couldn’t be more in love. "I thought I should come by and see you before I went home."

"Is... Is she here too?" I couldn’t speak straight I could barely breath right.

"Yea she’s in the car sleeping. It’s been along ride."

"You drove straight here."

"Yep. No stops. Only took a day and a half. I couldn’t sleep if I tried." She stood and came near me. My breathing came too fast. "I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you. I didn’t know what to do, I still don’t. I have all these feelings for you still, I mean your the father of my only child. And I also wanted to say that I love you too. I’ve always loved you." That’s when we collided. I couldn’t take the distance anymore. My lips crashed onto hers just like they had done fifteen years ago. This kiss was one like none other. It was harsh and mad, but it was also needy and vulnerable, but above all it was filled with love. She pulled away first. Her hand went to her mouth and I saw the tears coming down. Now that I think about it I felt them. She ran out and into her car.

I leaned against the wall and cried with her.