Chapter Twelve – Lyn Marie
“Elizabeth!” Grandma shouted from the front porch of a house I’ve only seen in pictures. Grandma was a petite woman with her aging blonde hair up in a ponytail. “Oh sweetie you’ve gotten so beautiful.”

“Thanks Mom.” Mom mumbled trying in vain to get out of Grandma’s grasp. “Mom this is your granddaughter, Lyn Marie.”

“Hi.” Well that was very not pathetic. Grandma looked at me as if I reminded her of someone.

“You look so much like your father.” She said in a quite voice, almost a whisper. She walked away from my mother and came to me. She brushed my hair back away from my face as to get a better look. “You even have his eyes.” She sighed and pulled me into a bear hug. I’ve never had a grandma hug but for the first one, it was pretty good.

“Buffy!” A brunette woman and a red haired woman came bounding out of the house. Mom smiled big and opened her arms wide.

“Dawnie! Oh wow you’ve gotten so big.” She hugged the brunette first which I figured out was my Aunt Dawn. Next was the red haired woman. “Willow, oh it’s so good to see you. I missed you so much.” Mom’s old best friend Willow. I hadn’t realized that they were staring at me until Aunt Dawn cleared her throat.

“Hi sweetie, I’m your Aunt Dawn.” The brunette walked up to me and introduced her self to me.

“I figured.” I said with a smile, “I’m Lyn Marie.” Aunt Dawn opened her arms and hugged me tight, almost like the grandma hug. Next was Willow.

“I’m Willow and I’m your god mother.” She hugged me too, but this was more like hugging a long lost friend. It felt good.

“Here let me take your things,” Aunt Dawn said stepping past me and picking up my duffel bag. “Mom made me fix up the basement for your new room. It’s pretty cool if I do say so my self. It’s got a bed and a TV with cable and a fridge to.” I smiled. This whole family thing was kind of cool.

After we all got settled Grandma made me and mom some real lunch. “So, Elizabeth what are your plans so far?”

“Well I’m going to get Lyn enrolled for school and I might get a job down at Willie’s or some place else.”

“That’s very thoughtful of you, but I was thinking that you could help me out at the gallery. It pays very well.”

“I’d like that.” I looked over at mom in between bites of my peanut butter and jelly. I could see that she was truly happy and come to think about it, so was I.