Chapter Eighteen – Buffy

So far the party was fine. So far. Lyn hadn’t set anything on fire and she looked positively beautiful. She braided her long hair so it went all the way down her back. Platinum blonde, black and red mixing together. She wore a white and pink sundress that didn’t fit her style but she looked great in it, and the gold locket that was Spike’s moms.

Spike on the other hand, escorted her into the room wearing a navy blue button up shirt with a white T-shirt underneath with dark blue jeans. The outfit all together brought the ocean blue out of his eyes that him and his daughter shared. She did look like him.

I was almost in heaven. I had my friends and my family all wrapped into one. It was wonderful. I had never realized how much I’ve missed this.

“So Buffy, what have you been doing over there in New York?” Willow’s mom, Mrs. Rosenberg, asked bringing me out of my haze.

“Well without a high school degree all I could really get were bartending, waitresing, and jobs at grocery stores.” I nodded almost embarrassed that I was sharing this with a woman of such high status in Sunnydale. I felt like I was going to be sick. Amazingly Lyn saved me.

“Mom was a real trooper. I mean raising a child on your own. Could you imagine? And in New York? It was such a horrible neighborhood. I’m surprised I came out so well.” Lyn said in her good girl voice that she used on almost all adults with authority over her. I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes.

“Mrs. Rosenberg this is my lovely daughter Lyn Marie. Lyn, this is my oldest friend, Willow’s mother.”

“It’s so nice to meet your acquaintance.”

“I’ll leave you two to chat.” I said backing away before I got stuck.

“ ‘Ello there cutie.” I smiled inwardly. Spike’s British accent could make any girl form into goo.

“Hello there, yourself. Where have you been hiding?” I said turning to face him.

“Oh so now that I didn’t save your arse from Mrs. Rosenberg means I was hiding.” I nodded sheepishly. “Oh on the contrary I was introducing our daughter to the guests.”

“And the family she never knew.” A voice said coming from behind me. I knew it almost immediately. Cordelia.

“Cordy!” I practically screamed hugging the beautiful and pregnant brunette. “Oh my god! You look gorgeous.” I said releasing her and taking a good look.

“Oh please! I’m eight months pregnant and I haven’t seen my feet in weeks.” She said as we both shared a laugh at motherhood.

“Mom!” A young boy yelled coming through the crowd trying to get to Cordelia. “I’m sorry I’m late but work was hectic.”

“It’s fine Connor. I’d like you to meet Buffy Summers. Buffy this is my son Connor.”

“Well hello Connor. I swear you are the spitting image of your father.” I said shaking his hand. He had brown chocolate shaggy hair and was tall and lengthy.

“Yeah except for the part where he’s on the honor roll and is a star at soccer. And he keeps two jobs. I’m so happy.” Cordelia said gushing about her first born.

“You should talk to my daughter. Maybe you’ll influence her in the right direction. I’ll tell you she is a chip of the ol’ block. His block that is.” I said pointing to Spike behind me.

“I wasn’t that bad.” Spike muttered.

“Mom! Will!” Lyn said calling her father and me as she came toward us. “How could you leave me with that old lady. She kept talking about old things that bored me. I had to fight a yawn. And this good girl get up? Don’t even get me started.” She turned to see Cordelia and Connor. “Hi.”

“Cordelia, Connor, this is my beautiful daughter Lyn Marie.” Spike said speaking up. “Lyn this is technically your aunt Cordelia, but not really. I’ll explain later. And this strapping young lad is her son Connor.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Lyn paused for a minute. “Do I have to be good girl around you?”