Chapter 5 – Lyn Marie


I woke up on the bed with a blanket around me and the picture still clutched in my hand. I got up and put it in my back pocket along with the letter and got up to look at myself. My eyes were all puffed up and cry baby-ish. My mom would know. She always knew. I looked out of the bars to see if she was there. She was. She was talking to Lindsey, she smiled up at him and gave him a huge hug. She looked over at me and walked over. She looked comfy, she was in her baggy jeans and a flannel shirt with a white tank top underneath. "You ready to go kid-o?" I nodded. She made a sideways glance at me, "You okay?"

"Yea, long night is all."

"Oliver wanted me to give this to you." She held out an envelope. And I just stuck it in my pocket along with the other.

"Thanks." I didn’t feel like fighting. Not with what I knew now. Although when I got outside and saw that the car was filled to the brim with all of my stuff, I freaked. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Were moving to Sunnydale." She said it so calm, and it kind of looked like she had a hang over.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" She turned around looked at me the police station and then back at me. "For this shit?! Well what about your shit?" Mom looked at me confused. "Oh you know keep Lyn as far away from her father as possible!"

"Don’t you dare. You don’t know anything about what happened." I couldn’t believe that something bad could have happened between her and my father because they looked so happy in the picture.

"For your information, he’s about as happy that were going as you are." She also mumbled something but I couldn’t hear it.

"What did you say?"

"I said I couldn’t run from him because he’s here. In you. You have no idea how much you two are alike." That shut me up. I walked past her and got in the car. I saw her wipe tears away and walk around the car and got in. She turned the key in the ignition and started the car. This was going to be one long trip.