Chapter 6 – Buffy

Three hours and we hadn’t said a word to each other. I was beginning to get bored too, even though I was driving. It was time. She was going to see him so she might as well know what he looks like before hand. "Lyn grab that red bag that’s behind my chair." She didn’t say a word as she grabbed it and pulled it on to her lap. I pulled the car over and took the bag from her. "I was going to give this to you, I just never got around to it." Lyn looked at me as if I had just grown a third eye. Its all the stuff your father gave me when we were dating. His name is William by the way."

Lyn put her head down and reached for her back pocket. "I know. Lindsey gave this to me when I was at the jail house." She handed me a worn envelope. Right away I knew what it was. The letter that William had sent me when I had first moved to New York. I never answered it, just put a picture of him and me in front of our school in it and had Lindsey put it away.

"Oh... Well that’s fine. But let me tell you why I left." Lyn looked up at me. I had her full attention. "Sunnydale is one of those really small towns, the ones that if someone does something out of the normal of out of wedlock their reputation would be ruined and so would their child. I didn’t want that for you. I didn’t want that for Spike."

"Spike?"

"It was his nickname. He had odd hair and it stuck." I smiled at the memory of the first time he and I met. :: "I’ve never seen any one look so stupid." I said to my friend Willow at the roller rink where we saw the spiky haired angel.

"I bet I could still turn you on." His voice whispered in my ear made every nerve in my body shake with desire. He was handsome, no doubt. Bleached blonde hair, leather jacket, tight black shirt and a pair of black jeans. He walked away with only a wink to leave me hanging on.

"Now that’s a boy to stay away from..." :: Willow’s voice trailed off in the memory.

"Aren’t people going to talk when you show up back home after fifteen years with a fifteen year old?" She was right.

"Yeah."

"So what’s different now?"

"You. I’m going back for you. Not for me, and hopefully the world has changed enough for people to stop caring."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go."

"What about the bag?"

"You can tell me later. We have enough time."
Lyn Marie took the bag off my lap and put it in hers. She took her CD walkman out and played the music as loud as it would go. She started to search in the bag as I put the keys in. That’s when I realized it was going to be okay.