Chapter Eight — William

The coffee house was busier then I had ever seen it. I would usually sit here and just watch people hoping to one day see her in the crowd, and now that I knew I would soon it made me more nervous then ever. That’s when I spotted her, the red head I called to meet me here. She walked up to me with that smile that could warm the coldest soul. "Hey Willow." I said as I hugged her.

"Hey Spike, now tell me what’s this all about. You sounded so stressed on the phone." She looked so concerned for me. It felt nice.

"Buffy called me."

"Oh my god." She brought her small hand to cover her mouth in shock.

"Yeah, she told me the reason she left."

"Oh." Willow’s hand fell down and she looked around the room. Anything to avoid eye contact with me.

"You knew!" Willow nodded.

"She told me not to tell you. She didn’t want you to ruin your life because she was having a baby."

"Is it mine?"

"Yes. Her name is Lyn Marie Summers. She’s fifteen, I think yesterday." Willow said trying to recall the facts on my daughter. This girl who has probably known about me all her life and I didn’t even know.

"I’m a father..." Willow nodded again. She reached across the table to take my hand in consolation. She and her husband Xander where my best friends and I trusted them with everything. "She’s coming home. I called her mom after she called me and she told me that she was coming home."

Willow sighed, she knew this was going to be hard.