Chapter One -- Lyn Marie



"Screw you!" She always does that. She always blames every thing that I do wrong on being a mother. Well fuck this.


Yea I cut class. It was Spanish, I'm not Spanish, and therefore I don't need it. You know what come to think of it. I don't know what the hell I am. My "mother" hasn't even told
me who my father is. She probably doesn't even know who the bastard is.

I missed you so much
That I begged you to fly and see me
You must've broke down
Coz you finally said that would
But now that you're here
I just feel like I'm constantly dreaming

The volume on my stereo is officially broken, so you know what shut up Mr. Wong. Everyday I come home from school he's always banging on the floor with his damn broom. You know what I wish he would just stick that broom up his ass.

*Tap*tap* "Finally." I sighed. I walked over to my window to open it for Oliver. "Its about time. I thought I was going to have to go and find you."

"Never. I'm always on time." Oliver said pulling his backpack it to his lap as he sat on the fire escape.

"Yeah? For who?" I asked kneeling in front of the window.

"You and your damn cravings." Oliver said handing over a red and white box of cigarettes.

"Oliver, I love you so much." I said reaching for it. Oliver pulled it out of my reach. "What gives?" I was practically itching for a cigarette.

"You have to come with me some place first." I gave him my no-fucking-way-man face, so he expanded. "A favor for a favor remember?"

"Yeah I remember..." Damn. I grabbed my jacket and then put my foot out of the window.

"Aren't you gonna tell your ma that you're leaving?"

I glanced back for a minute at my door. "Nah. She don't care." Oliver shrugged and moved down the ladder. I got to the first step and looked back at my door again. For some reason it felt like the last.

Coz something's gotta go wrong
Coz I'm feelin' way to damn good