Disclaimer:
Me: bwahaha! I have stolen Spike to be my prisoner!!
Joss: not so fast, evil villain!
ME: o no! Not ‘Mutant Enemy Man Who Can Sue My Pants Off!’
Joss: yes, I am here to steal back Spike and to tell you that you don’t own anything!
Spike: I’m really not complaining here.....
Joss: shut up, you.

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*


It had been two months.

61 days.

1464 hours and......42 minutes since he had become human.

And it still unnerved him.

One minute, he was basking in the glory of winning the fight, and the next a heartbeat was sending vibrations through his body.

His heartbeat.

And it still marveled him how the light played off the hairs on his arms. He stared out the window of the airplane with his favorite pair of sunglasses, watching as the sun reflected off of things.

Beautiful. Golden. And, what the hell, even effulgent.

Just like her.

Beautiful eyes.

Golden hair.

Effulgent.....what the hell does effulgent mean anyway?

He was pulled out of his thoughts when the stewardess leaned down, presenting him with a very nice view of her cleavage, telling him in what he was sure she thought was a seductive voice that he should put up his tray and get ready for a....(here she eyed his crotch in a none too subtle manner)...bumpy ride.

He simply nodded, turning back to the window, sending her stomping away in a huff. But he didn’t care.

After all....she wasn’t Buffy.

*~::~*

Buffy sighed as she looked out the window. Sweet’s spell should be activating any minute now. The amulet had started to glow a light green, indicating that it was near ready.

Just as she completed this thought, red sprinkles rained down into her room, taking the form of the dancing demon she remembered.

“Alright, pumpkin,” he said, looking at his watch. “I’ve got exactly 4 minutes before I have to return to Melissa. I mean, having work on our anniversary isn’t exactly what she had in mi-” he cut off as he looked up at her. Cocking his head to the side, he asked, “Don’t I know you?”

Nervously tucking her hair behind her ear, Buffy said, “Yeah. My friend Xander summoned you two years ago? You wanted to kidnap my sister?” His face remained impassive so she tried again. “Sunnydale?”

Sweet nodded, remembering. “Ah yes. The Hellmouth town. Good times. Lots of strange songs going around.” He shook his head. “So, we got a problem. I’m a man....well, demon, for monogamous relationships so I can’t take ya with me.”

“Oh,” Buffy hastened to assure him. “That’s ok! I just.....I just want to sort somethings out for myself, ya know?”

Sweet nodded, and looked to his watch once again. “Have fun with that, cuz I gotta go. This whole thing will wear off by tomorrow’s dawn, so no worries. See you.” And with that, he disappeared, leaving Buffy standing by her window.

Of all the things I believed in
I just want to get it over with
tears from behind my eyes
but I do not cry


A tear trickled down her face, and she placed her fingertips on it, then pulled them away, staring at the wetness on them.

Counting the days that past me by

I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old


She sang this line bitterly, recalling all of her friends assurances that Spike was much happier where ever he was. That she should move on with her life. But they didn’t understand.

Looks like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend and I say

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I love
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


Buffy sat down on her bed and picked up a picture from her nightstand. It showed her and Spike, snuggled on his cot. Dawn had taken it, wanting to capture their intimacy and prove to Buffy that Spike was worth her love. But she didn’t need telling.

I used to get lost in your eyes


As Buffy traced the photo, she remembered the blue orbs that she had seen dance with mischief, concern, self disgust, anger....and love.

And it seems like I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes till you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light but it's not right

She lifted a hand to her face, blocking the remains of the sun’s light as it set and standing, walking away from the bedroom, leaving the picture on the comforter.

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew


She shook her head as she walked down the hallway, tears falling down her face.

You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


she walked into the kitchen and took out a glass, filling it with water.

Ohhh yeah
It hurts to want everything & nothing at the same time
I want whats yours and I want whats mine
I want you but I'm not giving in this time


She clenched her hand, and the glass shattered around her.

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


She stared down at her cut up hand, not recognizing the pain. After all, it was nothing compared to what she’d been through this past year.

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to


She wrapped her hand and walked to the window, looking up at the now dark sky, lit with stars.

When the stars fall and I lie awake
Your my shooting star


She stood at the open window, a tear trailing it’s way down her face as a star shot through the night.

*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*::*

AN-----yaaaaaaaaaaaay! I loooooove that song!!!!!!

REVIEW PLEZ!