hehe. me love me some spike......props to Sanna for making this icon! i got it from sinister-attraction.org

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

Buffy yawned and sat up, stretching out the sleep from her limbs. She smiled as she remembered last night's dream.

She had fallen asleep, and Spike had climbed into bed and joined her. They had cuddled, and he had whispered words of love into her hair.

Shaking her head, she looked over at her clock and decided it was too early to be awake.

"5:19....bleh," she muttered, laying her head on the pillow next to Spike's head.

Wait a minute....

Spike's head?

Buffy opened her eyes to see Spike's eyes staring right back at her, so blue it was like they thought of rain.....(AN hahah! from the icon, i couldn't resist).

She scrambled backwards and fell off the bed. Spike leaned over the edge and chuckled slightly. "Are you okay, luv?"

"Uhm....yeah," came her muffled voice (her face was currently becoming aqquainted with the carpet cuz she had rolled over). "Just had a heartattack and i'm pretty sure my butt's broken."

Spike laughed, and pulled her up. Her hands covered her eyes, and he pried them off. Her eyes were screwed shut and he whispered, "Kitten, open your eyes."

"No," she whispered.

"Why not?"

"Because if I do, you won't be there....just like every other time..."

Spike felt his heartbreak in his chest. "Oh, sweetheart," he cooed, cradling her face. "I'm not going anywhere. Open your eyes."

She slowly opened her right eye, and then her left when she was sure she wasn't imagining anything. "Spike?" she whispered. "Is.....are you really here?"

"Yeah, baby. I'm reallly here."

Suddenly, he had an armful of Slayer, whose face was pressed up against his hard chest, taking comfort in the steady beat of his--HOLY CRAP he had a heartbeat!

She smiled against him, and said, "Does this mean we can get that white picket fence?"

Spike chuckled. "Yeah, luv. We'll get us the best white picket fence on the block."

And they did.

*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*~::~*

AN---peh. i turn my nose up in disgust at my crappy ending.

o well.

PLEASE REVIEW!!! i love me some feedback