Chapter 2


Willow was still standing on the porch when her aunt walked over.

“Willow!” she said, holding her arms out.

“Aunt Joyce!” Willow said, hugging her, then turning to the boy, who was fidgeting nervously. “Hi Andrew!”

The boy gave a tiny wave and smile, and Willow tentatively hugged him.

“Are your parents inside?” Joyce Summers asked her.

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Ok then. I’m going to go see them. You two need to catch up.” Joyce told her, nodding towards the girl, who was still standing next to the car.

“Ok.”

Joyce went inside. Andrew followed Joyce into the house.

Willow studied the girl, who was leaning against the car, looking the other way. ‘She has definitely changed.’ Willow thought. Gone was the brown hair she used to have, replaced with shiny blonde. Her clothes were revealing and very dark, a big change from the bright colors she used to love. Dark eyeliner rimmed her eyes, and she had gloss on her lips.

Willow walked over to the girl.

“Hey Buffy.”

Buffy Summers looked at Willow. Willow was unsure of her reaction until she smiled.

“Hey Willow. Long time, no see.”

Buffy hugged Willow.

“How’ve you been?” Buffy asked her.

“I’m good. Friends are good, school sucks. You know the drill.” Willow said, laughing.

“I’ve missed you.” Buffy told her.

“I missed you too, Buffy. So, let’s go inside and catch up.”

“Ok. Lead the way!” Buffy said, hooking her arm in Willow’s.

They headed inside, giggling.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy and Willow sat on her bed eating cookies and talking.

“So, how many guys have you dated?” Buffy asked.

“Well, none really.” Willow told her, blushing.

“None?”

“None. Every time I get close to a guy I either babble, or don’t say anything at all. So, guys really don’t get near me.”

“What about Xander?”

“Xander? No way! I have never thought about him like that. He’s like my brother.”

“Ok, so do you have any crushes?” Buffy asked, grinning.

Willow smiled.

“Not any major ones. But I do kinda like this guy, Oz. He’s in a band. But he’s part of the popular crowd.”

“Have you tried to talk to him?”

“Buffy, didn’t you just hear me say he is part of the popular crowd? I can’t talk to him.” Willow told her.

“So?”

“So? I can’t talk to him. I’m not exactly the most popular or adored girl in school, Buffy. To him, I’m a loser.” Willow said sadly.

“We’ll see.” Buffy said mischievously.

Willow grinned and shook her head.

“What about you? Any boyfriends?”

Buffy sighed.

“A few. One major one.”

“Tell, tell!” Willow said.

“His name is Angel Salvatore. We dated for about six months. Let’s just say, after him, I’m not gonna let myself get serious with any guy for a while.” Buffy smiled sadly.

“What happened?” Willow asked, concerned.

“Ha! Where do I begin? Well, he stayed drunk all the time, and cheated on me with the school slut, only after sleeping with me. And he was pretty much the main reason for my expulsion from Hemery.”

Willow stared at her, mouth hanging open.

“Will? You ok?” Buffy asked, waving her hand in front of her face.

“Wow, Buffy. You’ve been through hell.” Willow told her.

“Yeah, well, I’m ok.” Buffy said, sounding not too sure.

“Right! Everything will be good here. You can sorta start over, I guess.” Willow told her, beaming.

“Yep. Come Monday, I start over.” Buffy said, then added, “I can’t afford to get kicked out of this school.”

“Can I ask you something?” Willow asked, tentatively.

“Sure.”

“Why were you and your mom arguing?”

Buffy rolled her eyes.

“We were fighting because I didn’t want to move here.”

“Oh.” Willow replied, sounding sad.

“Not because of you or anything. I just-I had to leave behind friends, or what few I had left, and now I have to start all over again, and it sucks. I have almost two months of schoolwork to catch up. I mean my grades were never really outstanding at Hemery, but here? I don’t think I can do it.” Buffy told her sadly.

“Sure you can. I can help you. And maybe Xander and Tara can come over and we could have a study group thing.” Willow said brightly.

“Really? That would be so helpful!” Buffy said, starting to cheer up.

“You betcha. So, what do you wanna know about the high school?” Willow said, grabbing a cookie off of the plate.

Buffy thought a moment, then her face brightened.

“How are the guys?”