I Won’t Forget You

By: Saltygoodness

Rating: R, for my own reasons.

Disclaimer: I wish I owned Spike, I really do, but I don’t. Please don’t try to sue me, I really just like to make things different from the show out of the goodness of my heart.


Spuffiness, here I come....


________________________________________________________________________




Spike couldn’t believe it. Buffy, his Buffy had called him a champion. Okay, so maybe she didn’t voice it out loud, but she definitely implied it. She gave him the amulet, didn’t she? And didn’t she let him hold her the last two nights while she slept? Never in his life did he ever think that the slayer would let him in, let him be close to her. But she did, and Spike had never felt so wonderful in all of his existence.

It was now well past mid night, and the dank basement was almost completely pitch black, the luminosity from outside shining through a small window, the only source of light. Spike held the pendant from two slender fingers. He stared at it intently, studying the sparkly jewel dangling from it’s silver chain. He watched as stray beams of light bounced of it’s chiseled cuts and caused a small glimmer to come to his eyes.

Tomorrow they would go into battle. Buffy’s plan to give all the potentials the strength of real slayers was ingenious, and Spike knew it would work. He was sure of it. This was probably the only thing he was sure about right now. He didn’t know what tomorrow would bring, but he did know that Buffy would win, just like she always did.

He realized that something big was on it’s way. Wasn’t it always? He could feel it in every fiber of his being. He knew that when this was over, everything would be different. Some would live and some would die, maybe even him. Buffy dubbed him her champion and he would do his best to live up to that title, but being a champion wasn’t as easy as it sounded. Champions had to fight, had to be strong, because if they didn’t who would? Who would beat back the coming darkness? Right now all they had were champions. And if he really was a champion, then he wouldn’t fail. He would stand tall and he would make sure that she would survive, at any cost. Even if it meant he didn’t.

He was scared though. Not for himself, but for the rest of them. He wasn’t scared to die. Hell, he’d done it once already, what was there to fear? Well, except the whole being condemned to hell, and all? But other than that, he wasn’t afraid. He knew that even if he did die, he would go out doing something good. He would save the world. He would save Buffy’s life. And wasn’t that worth fighting for? Wasn’t that worth dying for?

To him, it was.

He looked up when he heard a noise, and he knew it was her. He could sense her even before he heard her. Gathering up the amulet, and standing, he waited until she stepped into the light, exposing herself fully to him. She completely descended the stairs, and came to a halt in front of him. Their eyes immediately locked, and a connection pasted between the twenty feet that separated them. The air around them ignited into a fiery inferno, making it hard for either one to breathe.

~Well here we are again
I guess it must be fate~

Spike was frozen in place, not waiting to break the connection. The deafening silence of the dark room was surprisingly soothing, but the intensity of the situation sent a slight chill up the vampire’s spine. He unconsciously tightened his grip on the amulet, causing his hand to twitch. Buffy noticed and adverted her hazel orbs from his stormy blue ones, to look at the piece of jewelry in his hand.

Buffy examined the object in his closed hand and frowned. She shouldn’t have given it to him. It wasn’t that she didn’t think he deserved it, God knows she did, but she knew how volatile those who-kets of true champions were. Nothing ever came without a price. And usually those prices were very high. She just wished that she knew what it was. Looking up to him once more, she choked back a sob. She knew now.

Spike must have sensed her body tense and took a tentative step forward, because the next thing that Buffy knew, he was standing directly in front of her, staring her down.

“Buffy?” He inquired, timidly. She just stared at him intently, as if trying to read his mind.

~We’ve tried it on our own
But deep inside we’ve known
We’d be back to set things straight~

“It’s gonna get bad, isn’t it?” She asked, already knowing the answer. The thought that she might loose not only the battle, but him, was almost to much to bare and she had to fight to kept herself from falling over. Spike just watched her.

“Yeah, pet, it is.” She closed the distance between them then, running into his unsuspecting arms and clinging to him for dear life. Spike immediately wrapped his own arms tightly around her. Neither know how long they stayed that way, but neither really cared. Everything felt so right, just being there. Finally, Buffy pulled back and looked up into his eyes. Spike loosened his grip on her tiny waist and waited for her to say something, anything. She was quiet though, and laid her hand atop his own gently, closing it over the hand that held the amulet.

“I’m so scared.” She confused, barely audible. Her eyes had shut and she tried desperately to fight back the impending tears that threatened to fall. She remembered when they first met. She remembered when they first fought. She remembered when he came to her to help stop Angelus. She remembered when Willow put that spell on them and they got engaged. She remember all the good times and all the bad. But most of all she remembered his kiss and the way he made her feel-so loved.

~I still remember when
Your kiss was so brand new~

“ I know.” He told her. He then preceded to loosen a finger around the trinket and weave it into hers. She opened her eyes and smiled up at him. Those eyes! Oh god, how she could get lost in them every time she looked at him. They were the prettiest blue she had ever seen, just like the ocean. And every so often, Buffy would swear she could see pigments of brown and green swirled in with the blue. She felt like she was drowning in his eyes, and she wished she could stay like that forever.

“You don’t have to do this.” She said seriously, looking him straight in the eyes. At his blank expression, she explained. “Play the part of hero. You don’t have to.”

“I want to.” Spike replied, his tone just as serious.

The room was suddenly engulfed in an uncomfortable silence. Both were too lost in their own thoughts to say anything at all. Buffy was trying to think of some way she could get Spike to not wear the amulet. God only knew what would happen if he did. She thought about asking for it back, but knew that he wouldn’t comply, and why should he? She had given it to him, knighted him a champion and everything. The amulet belonged to him now, but the fight didn’t. No, the fight belonged to her, always belonged to her. She wasn’t about to have him risk his life for her. She had lost Angel, she didn’t want to lose Spike too, not when she finally knew what she wanted after the battle was over.

~Every memory repeats
Every step I take retreats~

Spike on the other hand was thinking that she regretted giving him the amulet. Why else would she be saying these things to him? She didn’t believe in him anymore. After a few moments, his voice finally penetrated the stillness. “You don’t regret giving it to me, do you?”

She gazed at him, judging whether or not to tell him the truth. What the hell, she didn’t have anything left to lose, right?

“You want the truth?” She questioned. He nodded. “Yes, a part of me does, but not for the reason you think. You are a champion, I don’t regret telling you that. I just... I just don’t want anything to happen to you.”

He smiled and gave her body a comforting squeeze, then abruptly let his arms fall back to his sides and turned away from her. Buffy watched as he tossed the amulet into the nightstand and shut it roughly. She frowned.

“I’ll be fine, luv.” He responded, trying to convince himself as much as Buffy. To be honest, Spike wasn’t so sure anymore. He saw the way she looked at him-Like it would be the last time she laid eyes on him. She thought he was going to die. Well, that make’s two of us then. He thought.

“You can at least look at me when you say it!” She cried, scowling at his backside. She knew he knew what she was thinking. He must have thought the same thing, that’s why he couldn’t look her in the eyes when he lied to her. And yes, she knew he was lying. She knew him. This can’t get any worse. She thought.

But it would. They both were sure of it.

The vampire whipped around in time to see a waterfall of tears fall from her beautiful hazel eyes and flow down her newly flushed cheeks. He was by her side in an instant, cradling her in his strong, muscular arms. She was breaking, she was finally acknowledging that things would get worse. She finally realized what they both would lose if one of them died in battle tomorrow. Spike didn’t know how he felt about this new realization.

~Every journey always
Brings me back to you~

“Shhh, it’ll be alright, baby.” He cooed softly, rubbing smooth circles on her back in a soothing gesture.

“No, no it won’t!” She sobbed into his black-clad chest. She pulled away and locked eyes with him once more.

“I don’t wanna lose you.” She whispered, only loud enough for his heart to hear. “Not when I-” She stopped abruptly, realizing the words that were about to come flying out of her mouth.

Spike just stared at her, wondering what she was going to say. “When you what, slayer?”

Buffy looked away. She didn’t want him to see what she was feeling, and she knew that he probably could if he looked hard enough. She almost told him that she...

“N-nothing.” She stuttered, finally meeting his questioning gaze.

“Buffy, luv, you’re not gonna lose me. I won’t leave you. I promise.” He reassured her, hoping that it was convincing enough. Their gaze held for what seemed like forever, and she saw all the love and concern that he held for her there. It was the most powerful thing she had ever seen.

~After all the stops and starts
We keep coming back to these two hearts~

Her only reaction was to lean up and place a gentle kiss on his soft lips. The kiss was filled with every emotion the cursed through their veins. It was heaven. Both were lost to each other, and neither wanted to be found. Ever.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck, fingers twisting in the bleach blonde locks at the nape of his neck, holding him to her tightly. Their bodies molded together, perfect, like they had been made from the same mold just for each other. The fire and passion that he ignited inside of her with just the slightest touch was incredible. Buffy would never be able to understand how he could do that. She just couldn’t get enough of him.

Although shocked at her bold move, Spike soon returned the kiss with equal fever. She was so warm and burned him from the inside out. His hands were not idle and soon found their way up her fragile body and into her long blonde hair, twisting it gently. He drew her closer, feeling her breasts being crushed against his black-clad chest. But God, it wasn’t enough, and he pulled her closer yet. Because she was never close enough. He craned his neck so he was able to deepen the kiss, letting his tongue run softly over her plump lips.

As their tongues mated, their minds raced a mile a minute. All kind of different thoughts ran through their heads, most having to due with the inevitable apocalypse. They had both made so many mistakes. This was their last chance to make up for all of them. This was where they both wanted to be.

~Two angels who’ve been rescued from the fall~

After an eternity, they separated. Their lips were red and swollen from passion-filled kisses, and both were panting, although only one needed to breathe. Buffy raised wide, lust-filled eyes to his. The love in his sparkling blue orbs almost overwhelmed her, and she clutched his shoulders harder for support. God, this can’t end. Please don’t let this end. She thought.

Spike was suddenly very nervous. What was she playing at? Did she really want this? Or was this just something to make him feel better, because he now thought he would die?

~And after all that we’ve been through
It all comes down to me and you~

“Buffy, maybe we shouldn’t- ” But she cut him off, bringing a single digit up to his parted lips.

“Don’t.” Touching his lips, she insisted. “Just make love to me, Spike.” She breathed. Spike complied without a second thought and began to ravish her mouth once more.

~I guess it’s meant to be
Forever you and me
After all~

Buffy lifted his shirt over his head and tossed it to the floor. She pushed him back onto the aged cot that stood behind them, and straddled his hips. She felt his erection press into her jean covered mound and it caused arousal to flood her body, soaking her panties. She kissed her way down his muscular chest, stopping only to take one flat nipple into her mouth, teasing it tenderly. A purely feminine smile washed over her features when he hissed at the contact.

~When love is truly right
This time it’s truly right~

His cool hands ran over her body masterfully, shedding her clothes for her. He left no place on her body unnoticed. He knew just what to do to make her quiver and when she did, he thought it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Alternating between wet kisses and licks to gentle nibbles with his blunt teeth, Spike was rewarded with a loud moan from the goddess beneath him.

~It lives from year to year
It changes as it grows~

Spike’s fingers slid against her warm center. The light contact sent chills up Buffy’s spine and she mewled softly. Her sounds of pleasure encouraging him, Spike repeated his actions, this time pinching the small buddle of nerves, and felt her body tense with her coming orgasm. She muffled a cry of pleasure, and his vampire hearing picked up on it.

“Let it go, baby. Come for me.” He growled.

~And oh the way it grows
But it never disappears ~

They slid. Cool skin against warm. Rock hard against soft. Dead against alive. And they loved the contrast.

Soon all their clothes were scattered about the cool cement floor, and the sounds of their love making filled the room. They made slow and tender love, clinging to each other as if the other might disappear. Because it was very likely that one of them would tomorrow.

~And after all the stops and starts
We keep coming back to these two hearts~

Buffy and Spike were joined together in the most intimate way, moving in the rhythm of ages. As his thrusts began to increase in speed, he reached for her hand, clasping it tightly in his own.

~Two angels who’ve been rescued from the fall~

Both the slayer and her vampire gave themselves to each other completely, never holding anything back. In unison with the rest of their bodies, their hands tightened.

~And after all that we’ve been through
It all comes down to me and you~

With a shout, Buffy came, Spike’s name on her lips. Her nails clawed at his back, leaving little red marks on his pale skin. The blonde vampire was too lost in the sensation of the hot body that surrounded him to notice the pain. With one more thrust, Spike followed his slayer into the welcoming bliss.

~I guess it’s meant to be
Forever you and me
After all~

As their breathing evened out, Spike held the girl in his arms, as he drifted off to sleep. Buffy’s head lay on his chest, one arm around his waist, holding him close. She heard a rumbling in his chest and realized that he was purring. She smiled to herself, despite the seriousness of the entire situation.

“I love you.” She whispered, thinking he was already asleep. And as her eyes finally drifted shut, his own shot open. He stared down at the sleeping girl in his arms and smiled.

“I love you too, Slayer.” He whispered back, as sleep finally claimed him, a ghost of a smile on his face.


TBC... So, whatcha think?