Disclaimer: I own nothing. Damn u joss for not sharing!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Buffy crossed the kitchen as the phone rang. Picking it up, she held it to her ear with her shoulder. “Hello?”

“Hello, this is Lilah Morgan. I’m calling for a.....Buffy Summers?”

“Yes, this is she.”

“Ms. Summers, I’m calling to let you know that you have been selected as the winner for the ‘Win A Date With Spike Giles contest’. You have won the grand prize of spending the day with Mr. Giles and getting to know him better. The ‘date’ will take place on the 17th of July. We hope you have a nice day.”

There was a click and a dial tone as the woman hung up.

“Oh my god!” Buffy screeched. “OH MY GOD!”

***

Spike groaned as his PR told him that they had selected a contest winner. “Lilah, why the fuck do I have to do this? And what kind of name is ‘Buffy’?”

“Because it’ll help your image some! You need to get rid of the whole ‘bad boy, bad ass’ thing. It’s not good!”

“Sodding hell, woman! That image took forever to get and now you want me to bloody throw it away?”

“Yep.”

"I hate you.”

***

July 17th rolled around too quickly for Spike’s liking, and too slow for Buffy’s. Spike sighed and slicked back his hair and knocked on the door. A small, teenaged brunette answered, and she eyed him up and down.

“Buffy!” she called up the stairs, never taking her eyes off of Spike. “Your lover-boy’s here!” She smiled at Spike’s raised eyebrow, and held out her hand. "I’m Dawn, Buffy’s little sister.”

He took her hand in his strong one, shook it as he said, “Spike Giles.”

“Yeah. I know.”

Spike’s eyes drifted to the stairs as Buffy descended them. His breath hitched slightly in his throat as he got a good look at her. Her hair was piled up, with a few stray tendrils brushing against her neck. She wore a black dress that cut off at her knees, and had a low neckline.

She smiled at him, and said in a soft voice, “Hi. I-I’m Buffy.”

He nodded, and held out his arm for her to take. She accepted and as they walked to his car, they heard Dawn yell out, “Don’t do anything crazy, you two!”

Buffy smiled, and Spike’s attitude changed immediately. Gone was the poet, and back was the bad boy he had come to be known as. “Crazy? I can think of a few crazy things I’d like to do.” His eyes roamed over her body, and his tongue curled behind his teeth.

He watched as a confused look crossed over Buffy’s features. ‘He’s so different,’ she thought. ‘He’s so different than I would have thought.’ “Wh-what?” she asked in a small voice.

“Well, it’s just that you go out dressed like that and expect to not look slutty?” Spike didn’t know why the words were coming out of his mouth, and he knew he didn’t mean them. He looked on as hurt settled over her features, quickly masked by anger.

“You know what?” she said in a hard voice. “Can we just get this over with and tomorrow we can pretend it never happened?”

“Gladly,” he replied and shut the door hard after she had climbed into his car.

***

The trip to the restaurant was made in silence, and Buffy mused over her feelings for the bleached man sitting next to her. ‘He’s so mean....when did he get mean? I mean, I’ve always read about how sweet and kind he is to his fans....were those just lies? Why am I here? Oh yeah. Dumb ass contest. Ugh, with the way he’s talked to me so far, I can’t wait for this night to be over.’

They pulled into Caritas, and Spike opened his arms in a grand gesture, grumbling, “We’re here.”

Buffy climbed out, and headed into the restaurant/dance club, ignoring the arm that was offered to her by Spike.

He sighed, and followed her into the building, each thinking the same thing.

‘This is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong night.’




&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

AN-------ok listen up. This story isn’t gonna get lovey dovey until later. So there might be a bit of a wait until they understand each other. In their world, four years will pass until that time comes. In our world, it will only be in 2 or 3 chapters.

Please REVIEW!