A Brand New Day

Author: Magan

Disclaimer: No characters are mine.

Updated June 19, 2004
****
Spike appeared, fully, in a room he’d never seen before. He hurriedly scanned the room, wondering where the hell he was at. He finally stopped, and looked down a long hallway over to his right and to his left there were stairs that lead to a door way.

Spike was tempted to just leave, until he caught sight of a figure walking towards him. Curiously, he watched the person getting closer. He couldn’t quite tell who the person was, but to him it looked like... no! That can’t be. She’s…she’s dead! Why would she be here?

As the person moved closer, Spike cried out, “It can’t be you... you’re dead!”

“Spike, how good it is to see you.”

He gave her a once over, noticing that she was in a nice floral dress, and her honey blonde hair was up in a neat ponytail.

“What the bloody hell am I doing here?” Spike finally asked.

“You’ve done a great thing, Spike… You saved the world… And as a reward I am here to offer you life after…death, so to speak.” She smiled.

“Why is it the bloody dead don’t make sense?”

Spike was perplexed at this whole situation. He waited for her to continue.

“Plan and simple, I am offering you life.”

“Life... as a human?” Spike asked for confirmation. He needed to be sure he heard what he heard.

“Yes.”

“Oh, man,” He turned away, shocked.. “I only got my soul back recently.”

What it would be like to be human again? I don’t know, I’ve been a vampire for so long, that’s all I know.

“This is all I know. I don’t know anything else. I’ve been a vampire for over a hundred years. What else could I possibly be?”

“I know, but you deserve this, William, more than Angel does. You are the only vampire who sought out your soul, which was unheard of. You should be proud of that, and yourself.”

”I did what I thought was right. I saved the world. S’not like wanted to leave her. I loved her. There was no other choice. I did what was right, unlike that poofter Angel.” Spike rolled his eyes. “He didn’t know what he had, and he lost her, because he couldn’t handle it. What a freakin baby.”

A tear streaked down his face and he turned around not wanting her to see him cry, “I want... I want to be the man... THE MAN that Buffy loves, not the vampire.”

“But don’t you see, she does love you, the vampire and the man. All of you! She loves with her whole heart. You made her whole again, after she from the dead. You made her believe in love again, when she didn’t think it was possible…She may have realized it too late, but she’s always loved you.”

“What do I do? Live…again? Or do I just come back as a vampire?”

He wasn’t so much as asking her what he should do, he was seeking guidance. This was a big decision for him.

“That is a decision I cannot make for you, you have to do what’s right for you... What’s you’re heart is telling you to do?”

“I want to be with Buffy. It doesn’t matter what I come back to her as, as long as I can be with her. To be human again, I just don’t know.”

“I tell you what, I can make a deal with you.”

This raised Spike’s eyebrow in interest, “Yeah?”

“I can make you human for one day, and one day only!”

Spike was speechless for the first time in a long time. He didn’t quite know what to say.

“Um, wow, that’s just so wow.”

What kind of response is that you, git? He chastised himself internally.

“I know it’s overwhelming, but it’s one time deal. Take it or leave.”

“I’ll take it, but I have few conditions of my own.”
She smiled. “I figured you would. What are you’re requests?”

“I want to be with her alone, with no interruptions. I don’t want them to know I’m even there, until I’m ready for them to know. Especially Angel, he’ll ruin everything like he always bloody does.” Spike rolled his eyes at the mere mention of Angel.

“You are human for one day, and at the end of that day, you will have to decide if you want to be human or vampire. If you decide to be a vampire again, then this day, will cease to exist. Only you will remember being human.”

Spike smiled. This was going to be a good day. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Turning to leave, he began to walk up the stairs, duster swinging to one side dramatically, and he stopped, turning her around, facing her. “Why her? Why Tara?” He finally asked.

“We knew that you wouldn’t accept this deal with any other person.”

“Huh, they’re right.” He said, smiling. “I probably wouldn’t have.”

Spike turned on his heals, heading up the stairs, duster billowing behind him. Opening the door, he half-expected to walk into sunshine, but he ended up walking into Buffy’s room at the Hyperion. He looked around, stunned.

Oh my god, he thought. This is where I came back to her.

The first thing he saw was Buffy basking in the moonlight. Spike watched Buffy, and hadn’t realized he’d been breathing in time along with her. He forgotten what it was like to breathe, and when saw her, standing there, she was so lovely, and so beautiful it had astounded him. He practically had to tell himself to breath.

Spike looked down the hallway at both ends, making sure, it was clear, making sure that the powers made good on their deal, and when he was sure that they did, he leaned in the doorway, watching her once again. He knew she was thinking about the previous night.

He couldn’t stand it anymore. He had to have her in his arms. He walked into the room, closed the door softly, behind him. He crossed over to Buffy and wrapped his arms around her. She leaned into him thinking, he was apart of some dream she was having.

“I’m here, baby.” He whispered into her ear.

She hurriedly turned around, half-expecting there to be no one there, but when she turned around, Spike was there. She wasn’t sure if it was real or no. With a shaky hand, she reached out and touched him.

“Are you real?”

“I’m real, pet. S’not a dream.” He embraced her and held her tightly. She backed away slightly and looked into his deep piercing blue eyes with tears stinging her eyes.

“Are...Are you...”

“I am pure human, baby.”

“How is that...”

He quieted her with a kiss. She thought her knees were going to give out on her, but he held her up close to him. She missed his touch so much.

“Spike,” Buffy said, trying to catch her breath, after she broke the kiss.

“Yeah, baby?”

Spike was trying to catch his own breath.

This breathing thing, I need to get used too it.

“I...I...want to...do this right.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Slinging her over his back, Spike took her to the bed. She giggled in her weak protests. Gently laying her down on the bed, they each proceeded to take every inch of clothing off each other. The clothes landed in heap on the floor.

Spike began to kiss every part on her imaginable, but she soon wanted more. She wanted him inside her, but he was not ready. He wanted to saver every minute.

Buffy looked at him with exasperated look, and he couldn’t help but want to kiss that mouth of hers, and did so. It was soft and gentle at first, but then it soon turned into hunger.

The thrill was more than she could handle. She began calling out his name. Before they realized it, their organisms hit them hard and fast.

“Wow,” Buffy breathed, as Spike rolled off her. “I never...wow, is all I can say. That was really beautiful, Spike.”

“I never wanna leave you again.” He kissed gently.

“Let’s agree to it now. Never leave each other.”

“Never.” He breathed. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

He held her, never wanting to let to.

The next morning, Buffy woke up, still in his arms; she quickly looked at him, just to see if he was real. She touched his chest, and he was breathing.

I knew it wasn’t dream. He’s really here. And he’s human. She smiled, watching him as he slept. His chest would rise and fall and he never realized that she was watching him.

The sun peeked through the windows, and he began to stir a little while later. She kissed him on the lips. He happily accepted and returned the kiss.

“Well, what do you want to do, today, Spike-y? You know, with you being human and all. We can go out during the day!” Buffy flashed him a bright smile.

“It’s been so long since I was able to just sit in the sun. I think that’s what I want to do!”

“We can do that, and we can do other things, too,” She smiled, mischievously.

“You minx.” He nuzzled her neck and she giggled.

****

Downstairs, Giles was rounding up the slayers, as Faith, Gunn, and Robin entered into the lobby. Robin was still a bit sore, but he was just glad that he hadn’t died. He didn’t want to stay in the hospital. He wanted to go back to the Hyperion. More importantly, he wanted to be with Faith, and she couldn’t deny him that.

He really liked Faith, and he didn’t want to mess that up, not for anything. Neither did she. Faith and Gunn carried Robin to a chair nearby, and he sat down gingerly.

“So, boss, what’s up?” Faith inquired looking over at Giles.

“Ah, yes, I was waiting for you two, to show up. I’ve been in contact with several of the watchers, that are left, and we’ve agreed that we need to get these girls to England right away. Willow and Kennedy have graciously accepted to gather up other slayers.”

Giles was long winded, but he had to get his point across and he saw that Faith was suddenly getting a little board. He took of his glasses, began cleaning them, and placed them back on his face. Faith wondered when he’d break that habit, and held back a giggle.

“The other watchers and I will be opening up a school for these girls in England.”

“Ah, so, you’d like me to gather up the other slayers, too?” Faith wondered.

“Yes, you and Robin.” Giles replied.

“Well, me, I’d be happy to do it, but you’d have to ask Robin.”

“Er um, yes, Robin, would you accompany Faith on her journey?”

“I’d be happy, too,” He said, smiling at Faith.

Giles stepped towards Faith, “Here’s where you’ll be going. We have mapped out everything for you two.”

Faith and Robin looked at the map, and realized that they had the eastern part of the US. Giles handed another map to Willow and Kennedy, and they had western part of the US.

“Faith, Robin, you’ll be leaving on a plane in about,” He paused looking at his watch. “In about an…hour. Fred had graciously parted with some clothing items for you girls to wear.” He handed Faith, Willow and Kennedy a bag of clothes. “Wes has done the same for you Robin.” He handed a bag off to Robin. “I’ve rented a car for you and Kennedy, Willow. It is outside waiting. Whenever you want to leave, you can leave.”

“Alrighty, then,” Willow smiled. Before she and Kennedy left, she wanted to say good-bye to Buffy. She didn’t know when she’d get back to seeing her best friend.

Xander finally spoke up, “What about me?”

“Yeah, me too? Andrew echoed.

“You two will be accompanying me to England. I have a job for each of you.” Giles replied. “Xander, since you have combative knowledge, you will be working with girls and strategizing with them. Andrew since you know a bit about magic’s, you’ll be working with the watchers, and learning about the various demons.”

“Does that mean...I’m...going to be…junior watcher?” He was excited, jumping up and down.

“Stop.” Giles said, quietly but unfortunately, Andrew didn’t stop, “ANDREW! STOP IT.”

Andrew stopped, looking sheepishly, “Sorry.”

Rolling his eyes, Giles took a deep breath. It was going to be along time before he was going to have time for himself.
“For right now, you’ll be working with them, not as a junior watcher, but as an assistant.”

Andrew’s dream had been dashed, but was happy not to be alone. Angel, Fred, Lorne and Wes had gone to Wolfram and Hart offices, as they were not needed at the Hyperion.

Willow wanted to check on Buffy, because she hadn’t heard from her all night. She was a little worried and decided to head up stairs, when something shocking happened. Buffy appeared at the top of the stairs... With Spike at her side.

No, that couldn’t possibly be Spike!! I must be dreaming.

“I...I...Buffy...I thought...what’s going on?” Willow finally managed to say.

“He’s come back...human,” Buffy stated matter-of-factly as they started to walk slowly down the steps.

“Hu...human?” Xander stuttered. “No, that’s impossible. No one could have survived that explosion.”

“I’m right here. I’m living, breathing human being.”

“No, that’s impossible,” Giles frowned, unable to come up with a better response. “There’s no possible way.”

Spike walked the rest of the way down the stairs, and right up to Giles. “Give it test, ole Rupert.” Spike smirked.

At first Giles was a little reluctant, but then he forced himself to touch Spike’s chest. Sure enough, Spike’s heart was beating and Spike was breathing.

Wes had come back a few minutes after Spike came down the stairs. He hid out of the way, so no one would see him and he listened in on their conversation.

“No...No...That is impossible... How can this be?” Giles was now uncertain of everything that he learned as a watcher, but one thing he knew for sure, no one could have possibly survived in that explosion.

“As far I knew, I died.” Spike responded to Giles’ thoughts.

Everything was a blur to him. That time he spent with Buffy that is something that he will remember for the rest of his un-life or life.

“The next thing I know, I’m in this bloody room. I have no freakin idea how I’d gotten there. I was ready to bolt, when I saw this figure coming down the long hallway. I couldn’t leave then. I had to know where I was and how the hell I was gonna get out.”

“What or who was the figure of?” Willow wondered.

“Red, it was…Tara,” Spike replied, softly.

“Ta...Ta...Tara.” Willow stuttered.

She hadn’t seen Tara since the day that she died. There were so many things she had to say, that she wanted to say, but never got a chance to. Never will get a chance to.

“The powers, as Tara, gave me a deal. Become human for one day, seeing if I want to be that way all the time, or become a vampire once again...I chose to be a human again and at the end of the day, I have to make a final choice, but I wanted to be with Buffy first before I made my decision.” Spike looked up at Buffy, who was coming downstairs to be at his side.

“You shanshued?” Wes said, under his breath, stepping out so that they’d hear him.

“What?” Giles asked, astounded.

“S’that what it’s called?” Spike wondered.

Willow wanted to know about Tara and she was getting annoyed when they had moved on to Shanshuing. She blurted out, “What does it have to do with Tara?”

Everyone stopped talking, looked at Willow, who was now embarrassed. She looked down at her feet before looking back up at Spike with her pleading eyes.

“I’m sorry, Red, it wasn’t really Tara. They used her form to offer me a deal.”

Willow had a look of disappointment on her face. She so wanted to see Tara one last time, just to make sure she didn’t blame her for all the things that happened afterwards.
Looking over at Willow, Kennedy knew that her lover was thinking about Tara. She understood that at some point, she may have to compete with the dead girl, but never dreamed it would be happening now. Kennedy decided she wasn’t gong to stick around to find out, and she grabbed the things she needed, and headed out the door, not looking back.

Xander gave Willow a nudge when he noticed Kennedy leaving.

“Go after her, Will.”

By the time that Willow looked up, the doors were swinging back and forth. Kennedy had already left.

“Will, go,” Buffy touched Willow’s hand. Willow smiled at Buffy weakly and went after her girlfriend. When Willow reached Kennedy, she stopped her by placed her hand on the young woman’s shoulder.

”Wait, please.” Willow pleaded.

Kennedy stopped but she didn’t turn around. She didn’t want Willow to know how much it was really affecting her.

“I’m sorry.” Willow turned her around. Kennedy was crying. Willow wiped the tears away. “You have to understand, I loved Tara, and I still do. I guess I always will, but I also love you. Tara is my past; you’re my present... and my future.”

Kennedy sniffed and smiled, and the young women hugged.

“Let’s get outta here,” Kennedy whispered a few moments later.

“I thought you’d never ask.” Willow kissed Kennedy. “I think we should let them know.”

Walking back inside hand in hand, Willow and Kennedy announced that they were leaving, and crossed over to Buffy and Spike, kissed them both on the cheek, and said, “See ya real soon.”

Willow smiled. “Love ya.”

“Love ya, too.” Buffy said to Willow.

With that, Willow and Kennedy were off to their destination and Buffy turned back towards Giles, who was still amazed at Spikes humanness. All Spike could do was smile.

Faith decided to speak up. It was getting a little quiet for her tastes, “We’re gonna need to bum a ride.”

Giles looked up at Faith. “Already taken care of, there should be a...” The cab driver entering into the lobby interrupted Giles. “A cab.”

“Who called for a cab?” The driver asked.

“I did,” Giles said walking towards the man. “Here’s enough to take them to the airport.” He handed the driver $100.00, which included the tip. Faith grabbed the bags and Gunn helped Robin to the cab. Before leaving, Faith went to Buffy.

“It’s been real, B.” Faith said, hugging Buffy.

“Right back at you,” Buffy replied.

Faith walked over to Wes a few minutes later.

“To bad Angel’s not here, I would have liked to have said goodbye.”

“I’ll be sure to pass on the message through.”

“Thanks Wes.”

“No problem. It was the least that I could do.”

“And thanks for bustin me out!” Faith quickly hugged Wes.

Faith was never one to give hugs, which surprised Wes, but happily returned the hug and she dashed for the door, so he wouldn’t see how much her leaving like this affected her.

“See ya,” She yelled.

Then Faith was gone.

“Of course, he’s shanshued.” Wes snapped his fingers, startling everyone as he walked down the stairs and into the office.

He grabbed his notes, and began looking through them, until he ran across Shanshuing. “Ah, yes, here it is.” He handed it to Giles. He looked at Spike and then back at Wes.

“Are you sure? Isn’t Angel supposed to...?” Giles stopped as Dawn walked up to Spike. Dawn didn’t say anything right away. She just stood there, silently, looking up at him.

“Nibblet?” Spike queried, waiting for her to answer.

Tears streamed down her face, and she hugged him without saying a word.

”S’ok,” He soothed. “It’s ok.”

“I’m sorry about the things I said before.” Dawn began, sobbing. “When you hurt Buffy, you hurt me and when she began to trust you, I began to trust you again. I am really sorry.” She hugged him tightly.

Spike was once her rock. The one she came to with all her problems. He seemed to understand her more than anyone else did. Dawn was glad to have him as friend.

“S’ok Nibblet. You didn’t really need to.” He said, stepping back, cupping her face with his hands.

“Yes, Yes I did. I was horrible to you, and you did a good thing.”

“Really, s’ok.” He kissed her forehead and hugged her once again.

Dawn smiled and then looked to Buffy. “I’m going with Giles to England. He thinks that I’ll be safer with him and the new slayers.”

“Oh, Dawnie, is that what you want?”

“Yes, I think so... Yes. That’s what I want.”

Giles moved closer to Buffy. “She’ll be ok. The girl’s will be ok. They’ll have their studies, as well as slayer training.”

“As long as you’re sure,” Buffy asked, again in a motherly tone.

“Yes, Buffy. I’m sure!”

“Ok, girls,” Giles began, “We’ll be leaving shortly. So what ever you’ve got, round it up.” He looked at Buffy. “Can I speak to you, alone?” When he said, alone he was glaring at Spike.

Oh great, what the hell is he gonna say to me. I don’t need another speech. She rolled her eyes and then responded, “I guess so, sure, Giles.”

Giles and Buffy went into the office to talk alone. If they began to argue, Spike was determined to go in and stop it. He was going to let Giles persuade her otherwise.

“Buffy,” he handed her tickets and a map. “I’d like for you to round up the slayers in the central part of the US.”

“Tell me, what you really brought me in here.” She took the ticket.

“Buffy, please, we need the slayers rounded up. I’ve out lined the areas that you’ll need to visit.” Buffy took the map and started to leave, but Giles grabbed her arm to turn her face him.

“Buffy, I’m really concerned. I don’t trust Spike. I don’t care if he is human.”

Buffy yanked her arm away.

“Haven’t we been through this already?” Buffy asked, harshly. “Don’t forget you and Robin tried to kill Spike. I haven’t forgotten. Spike is a good man. He’s a human now. He sought out his soul when he... He’s a good man.” Buffy repeated not wanting to relive that ordeal again. “He loves me and I love him. Can’t you just be happy for me?”

“No, Buffy I can’t.” Giles removed his glasses, cleaned them, and placed it back on his face. “I don’t trust him.”



“If you can’t trust him, you don’t trust me.” She stormed out of the office, walking over to Spike. “Let’s go.” She grabbed his hand, dragging him out and bumping into Gunn, who was on his way back inside.

“What was her problem?” Gunn asked, tersely.

“Nothing,” said Giles, snidely, coming out of the office. “Girls, lets get going. We’ve got a plane to catch and we’ve got to stand in those bloody lines.”

The girls, Giles, Xander, Dawn, Andrew, and Gunn all headed out the Van, that was given to them by Wolfram and Hart, the night before.

****
Gunn returned the van, after dropping them off at the airport, to Wolfram and Hart. He came back with Lorne and Fred. Angel had stayed behind. It was still daylight, and he had some work that needed to be done.

Spike and Buffy on the other hand, were in a nearby park, walking hand and hand, basking in the sunlight. Something he hadn’t done in over two hundred years. He found himself stopping and staring up at the sky, smiling. Buffy took being out in the sunlight for granted every day of her life, but this day, it meant so much more to her.

“I want everyday to be like this,” Buffy said looking up into Spike’s eyes.

“Me too, pet, me to.” He kissed her.

“What’cha thinking about?” She asked him.

“Just thinkin what beautiful day is,” Spike said, looking down at her, and then added, “And how beautiful you look in the sunshine.”

Buffy blushed at that and before she could say anymore, a black sedan pulled up, out stepped Fred. The couple had come to a stop and Spike dipped down for a kiss. Fred had noticed them kissing and decided she didn’t want to disturb them right away. When it became uncomfortable, she walked over to them, interrupting them.

“Um...Buffy, Spike.”

Embarrassed, Buffy turned around to see who it was.

“Oh, Fred. Hi. What did you want?”

Bashful Spike, wiped the lipstick away and looking everywhere else but Fred.
“Angel sent me over here with a gift for you.”

“What?” Spike asked, incredulously.

“Spike, shush.” Buffy said, putting a hand on his chest, to quiet him, then turned to Fred, and asked, “What is that he’s given to us?”

“He gave you that car over there.” Fred pointed to the black sedan parked at the curb. “There are some clothes in trunk and some money for the both of you in the glove compartment.”

“When did he have time to do this?” Buffy wondered, amazed.

Fred went on to explain every detail and Buffy Spike waited patiently until she was finished. They didn’t think she’d ever finish.

“Tell him thanks,” said Buffy, as Fred handed the keys over.

“No problem. That’s what we’re here for...Excuse me.”

Fred got into an SUV and it drove away. It had pulled up as they were speaking.

“Where should we go?” Buffy asked, curiously. “Because, I’m driving!”

Spike giggled.

“Oh...no...You don’t. I’ve seen how you drive! I’ll drive, thank you!”

He took the keys away from her, and she scoffed. He dipped in for another kiss and few moments later, broke the kiss, leaving her waiting more.

He smiled mischievously, walking over to the drivers’ side, opening the door, he added, “Let’s go!”

It took a few minutes for Buffy to collect her senses, and she headed for the car, opening the passenger side door, getting in. Spike did the same.

He put the key in the ignition, but he never started.

“What?” Buffy asked, wondering what was wrong.

“Angel.” He chuckled. “That’s mighty nice of the poofter. I’m just surprised that he went all out for us, especially since he hates me.”

“Well, I love you, and he knows that. He just wants me to be happy, and I am very happy.” She smiled and leaned to kiss him.
“Mmmmm.” Spike licked his lips.

“What are we waiting for?” Buffy smiled, seductively. “Let’s get the heck outta dodge.”

Spike finally started the car, and drove off. On their way out, they stopped by a gas station, grabbed some food and something to drink, so they wouldn’t need to stop later. They drove six hours out side of LA.

Spike turned down a deserted road, and drove about 5 miles, until they came across a deserted ma and pop motel. There were 12 cabins in a row, and off to the right of that was a big house, up the hill. It looked deserted as well, but Buffy thought it was eerily similar to the house from the Psycho movies. She didn’t want to take the chance that there could be a crazy old man living up there. Although, if need be, she could probably kick his ass, but it still freaked her out nonetheless.

“What do ya say? Stay here?” Spike asked, inquiringly, opening the door, and stepping outside.

Buffy shook her head, and stepped out of the car, waiting.

He walked over to a nearby cabin, Turning the knob, Spike was surprised it was unlocked. He walked inside, and the room was still furnished.

“This must be my lucky day,” He laughed, walking inside. “Hey Buffy, come here.”

He startled her. “What?”

“Come here, you’ve got to see this, the place is furnished and clean.”

Hmm, that is strange. She walked inside, and sure enough, it was.

“No chance at their being electric or running water?” She asked, hopeful.

“I don’t...” Spike flipped the switched and to their surprise, the lights came on. “Bloody hell, it worked.” He went into the bathroom, and tried the water. “Hah, what you know, the water works too!”

“That’s good!” said Buffy, sitting down on the bed. “Let’s hope Norman Bates doesn’t come back and charge us.” She giggled when Spike exited the bathroom.

“Norman who?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Norman Bates. Ya know, from the movie Psycho... Don’t tell me you have never seen any of the movies? They’ve all been on TV.”

“The Alfred Hitchcock movie?”
“Yep, that’s the one.”

“Saw it the first time, when it came out.”

He crossed the room to Buffy with a mischievous grin on his lips. Knowing exactly what was on his mind; Buffy reached out for his hand, and pulled him closer to her, planting a tender, loving kiss on his lips. Before they realized it, they’d removed on all their clothes, which had been thrown about the room.

“God...I...Love...you.” Spike said between kisses and their lovemaking.

Sleep was overcoming them after awhile, and the couple had fallen asleep with Spike still inside of her.

A few hours had passed, and Buffy awoke, feeling refreshed. She rolled him over, and was on top of him. He woke up a few moments later, after he realized what she was up to.

“Buffy!” Spike smiled, knowingly.

She just giggled mounting him, and began their slow lovemaking. Up and down, Spike watched her above him. He tried touching her, but she pinned his arms above his head.

“Oh...so...we’re gonna...play it...that...way, huh?”

She kissed him on the mouth, fully, only stopping to breathe. Soon, she began to tire, and she rolled off him. Spike pulled her closed to him, and she laid her head on his chest, content and falling asleep once again.

Spike woke up a couple of hours later, and he watched her as she slept. He thought how beautiful she was, and that he never wanted to leave her arms. Not for any reason. Not even to go take a piss, he amused himself. Something he hadn’t done in a long time, and realized he really had to.

“Shit!” He whispered. “I’ve got to go!” He quickly, but quietly, slipped out of bed, and hurried to the toilet.

As Spike was taking a pee, he heard a scream outside. He hurried as fast as he could, and when he was finally finished, it was quieted down. Spike went out into the bedroom softly as to not wake Buffy, grabbing his pants that lay by his feet, and quickly put them on, heading outside.

Once outside, he looked around and saw nothing. Then the scream came from over by the house. He rushed up the stairs to the house, and to his surprise, there was a demon attacking an older woman on the steps.



“Oh shit.” Spike rushed over to her aid, trying his best to save the woman, but he didn’t have his vampire strength and was knocked twenty feet away, landing on his ass. It took him a few minutes to regain some semblance of where he was.

“Come on Spike; get your arse in gear!”

Rising to his feet, Spike ignored the pain and tried grabbing for a broken bottle nearby. It was so close, if Spike had landed another five feet, it surely would have killed him. He rose to his feet, and rushed at the demon, stabbing the broken bottle into the side of the demons neck. The demons blood squirted all over the place, until it finally fell to the ground, convulsing. A few moments later, the demon had died.

“Ma’am, are you ok?” Spike leaned down and helped the old woman up.

“Yes, thank you.” She noticed the blood coming from the cuts on his arms, his face and his chest. “Please come up to the house, let me tend to those wounds for you.”

Spike turned back to the cabin he and Buffy were sharing and then back to the older woman. “I...I...I better not. My girlfriend is back in the cabin, down there, if I’m not there, she’ll be worried.”

“Oh, you’re staying in one of my cabins, are you?” She asked, mock-seriously.

“I’m sorry ma’am, we thought they were abandoned. We are only going to stay for a little awhile. I have to be back in LA before morning.”

“Young man, don’t worry, I’m not going to charge you, besides you saved my life. Now, come on, it’ll only take me a few minutes to clean up those wounds.”

Once again, he turned back to the cabin. Spike wasn’t sure about leaving Buffy alone like that without any kind of note, but since it was only going to take a few moments, he thought she’ll be ok. She could take care of herself. She is the slayer. She is one of a millions of slayers. She’ll be fine. She’s strong.

Spike shook his head, and said, “All right,” and followed the women up to her house. She talked about him being the first person, she’d seen in months and that he was welcoming sight to see.

She opened the door to the big old Victorian house, and stepped aside so that he could enter. He looked up upon his entering the foyer. It was bigger than any house he’d been in, but it did give him the feeling of home and reminded him of the house he lived in with his mother. To the right there was a long winding stairway made of mahogany. To left was a doorway to what looked like a parlor to him and down the hallway, there were various other rooms, and the kitchen was straight down at the of hallway, where she told him to go. The old woman followed close behind Spike until they entered into the kitchen at the same time.

“Please, sit, here,” The old lady directed, pulling out a chair for Spike to sit in.

He graciously accepted, “Thank you!”

She then went over the cabinet, grabbed the first aid kit and then the peroxide, heading back over to him. She set the stuff on the table, and began taking care of his cuts.

When she put the peroxide on the wounds, he winced a little.

“There, there. It’ll be ok,” she soothed.

Spike smiled. All he could think about was Buffy waking up and he not being there. He hoped this woman would just hurry up. He didn’t want to miss one moment with Buffy.

“I’ll be done in a few minutes. Just hold on, I’ll have you fixed up in no time, and you can return to your girlfriend.”

Spike sighed deeply, and the old woman smiled. “Young love.” She put bandages where there were cuts, and then she was finished. “There you go, young man. What’s your name?”

“Um...William. My name is William.”

“A nice name, for a nice young man.”

“Thank you.”

“I bet you’re mother would be so proud.” Spike suddenly looked down; remembering his mother before and after sired her. “Oh dear, is it something I said?”

“No. No. It’s just...” What do I tell her? I can’t say I was a vampire and I bit my mother to give her a long life. “Um...she died a while ago. She died in a terrible way.”

“William, I am truly sorry. I didn’t mean to bring up the memory of your mother.”

”S’all right. I...I Just don’t talk about her that much s’all.”

“I’m sure she was a good mother. She’s looking down at you and is very proud of you. A wonderful man you’ve turned out to be.”

If only she really knew what a bad, rude man, I turned out to be.

“Thank you, ma’am, but, I must get back to my girlfriend.”
Rising to his feet, Spike smiled kindly at the old lady, and she let him to the front door. Spike quickly slipped out, heading back to the cabin. He didn’t care much about the pain he was in; he just wanted to be with Buffy.

Opening the door, Spike noticed Buffy wasn’t in bed, and felt a little panicked.

“Buffy!” He called out, heading towards the bathroom.

“I’m here.”

He stopped midway, feeling relieved she was ok. Walking out of the bathroom, Buffy was only in a towel, with her hair dripping wet. She leaned against the doorway, and said, flirtatiously, “Where did you go running off too?”

“I heard a scream and went to check it out.”

“I didn’t hear anything. Must have been zonked out,” Buffy said, noticing the scraps around his eyes, and all the bandages along his arms and his chest. She ran over to him, checking him from head to toe, “What happened?”

“Demon.”

“What? I thought that this place was deserted.”

“I guess we were wrong.” He sat down gingerly in a chair nearby.

“Oh my poor, Spike-y.”

Buffy kneeled down in front of him.

“S’all right, love, I’m fine.”

“No it’s not. You should have woken me up,” said Buffy, sternly.

He looked up at her with his piercing eyes, and she couldn’t help succumb to his charms.

“All right, but please just make sure you let me take care of the demon-y stuff. I can’t very well lose you, now can I?”

He smiled at her, “I don’t want to lose you either.” He dipped down, kissing on her the lips. When she broke the kiss to breath, she stood up, sitting in his lap, and wrapped her around his neck being very gentle.

“Good, now that it’s settled,” She kissed him, a little more forceful this time.

“Mmmm,” came Spike’s muffled response.
Picking her up, she and Spike were still kissing, and he carried her over to the bed, sitting her gentle down. Breaking the kiss, he looked down lasciviously at her, and without warning, he whipped the towel away from her body.

“Spike-y,” Buffy said, raising an eyebrow.

Smilingly impishly at her, he stripped quickly, wincing as he went, but that didn’t matter much to him as long as he was with his girl.

A few hours later, Buffy finally had fallen asleep, but Spike stayed awake, watching her sleep. His mind began to drift back to when they were alone together right before saved the world. He didn’t ever want to leave her, not like that again.

“Come on man, get yourself together. You can’t dwell on the past. You’ve got her here and now.”

Buffy began to stir, and he realized he was talking instead of thinking it. He looked over at the clock, and it was getting close to the time that they needed to be leaving soon. He had his answer. This is what he wanted. He knew that right from the start it just took him a little while to come to the realization.

The former vampire looked at Buffy, but he didn’t want to wake her, but he had to before, it was too late.

“Buffy, love, wake up.” He kissed her forehead gently. “It’s time to get up. We’ve got to get back to LA.”

She opened her eyes, and looked up into his and smiled. “Hello there.”

“Hi, yourself, princess.”

Spike dipped down to give her a quick peck on the cheek.

“I was having this great dream.”

“Oh yeah, what was it about?”

“You and me and we were in the future. I retired from slaying… We lived in a house with a white picket fence, and children running all around. I think it was a boy and girl.” Buffy put emphases on children, and felt content.

She wouldn’t mind having something like that with Spike in the future, but then she realized Spike was the settling down type, and they both looked one enough, laughing.

“That’s so not us.” Spike and Buffy said in unison.

“Sometimes dreams come true...We were really happy in the dream. I want to be that happy some day,” said an honest Buffy.

“I know, and we will be… soon.” He kissed her. “But, we’ve got to go before we miss my chance…our chance.” Spike told her, getting out of the bed, and putting on his pants.

Buffy sat up in bed, Spike was gone and she began to panic.

“Spike? Spike?” She called out, crying. “I can’t lose him again. Please don’t do this to me... Spike come back! Come BACK!”

To be continued.