1. Welcome To The Hell Mouth


The bus pulled into the station late that night. The doors opened and a few people stepped off, including a dark female. She stood at a reasonable height, her skin of a dark color, as was her hair. Her eyes were a lighter shade and she dressed in all black.

She pulled a box out her jacket pocket and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it with her lighter. She paused and blew out the smoke before hefting the bag over her shoulder and walking off to Main Street.

She passed and motel and backtracked, entering it. She stopped at the man behind the counter. “I need a room.”

Her voice was an upper class one. Easy to distinguish to be from Great Britain, but without any certain way to point out which part of the area.

“Here.” The man handed her a key. “2-1-7.”

The female took the keys and walked towards the room entering slowly. She took one look at the room and made a face.

“Is this really why I came to the hell mouth?”

“You know why you came here, Krissy.”

Krissy turned to face the newcomer. “Whistler. It’s nice to see you. What’s up?”

“Warren Mears.” Whistler said. “He’s quickly becoming an annoying development.”

“I noticed.” Krissy said dryly. She dumped her bag on the bed. “What am I supposed to do?”

Whistler leaned on the wall. “What you do best, kid. Send him somewhere nice.” He disappeared.

“I’m not a kid!” Krissy exclaimed at dead air. She then sat on her bed, thinking in her head of all the supplies she’d need to do what she had to.

&


“How’s it going in Retail land, Buffy?” Xander asked as the slayer entered the shop.

“Good. I thought I was ruined after the day that wouldn’t end.” Buffy answered, taking a seat beside her best friend.

Anya looked up from her usual spot behind the counter as the bell dinged and signaled a customer.

Krissy slowly entered the shop and walked down the stairs, waiting for the obvious owner to approach her.

“Welcome to the Magic Box, I hope you came to buy something.”

“Um, yeah. I’m looking for a few things. For a spell, you know.” Krissy replied, smiling at the bubbly blonde. “I mean the real stuff. Actual eye of newt, the tear of Odira…”

“Oh, I know exactly what spell you’re looking for.” Anya said. She hurried around the shop to get all the supplies.

Buffy looked at Krissy. “So, you’re a witch?”

“No. A dabbler.” Krissy said, turning to face Buffy.

“A dabbler?” Anya asked. “No dabbler would be able to do this spell.”

“Portals and teleportation are my specialties. Knowing alternate dimensions is what I do.” Krissy said in explanation.

“Got it. New here?”

“You can say that. I’m actually apartment searching at the moment.”

“The apartment across the hall from us is for sale.” Anya said as she rung up the ingredients. “Twenty-five, ninety-five.”

Anya took the money she was handed and gave back Krissy’s change.

Krissy took the paper bag. “Thanks for the reference. I’ll look into the apartment.” She headed for the door. “Maybe I’ll see you around, Slayer.”

Buffy looked up sharply, getting out of her seat to follow her out the door. “Wait-“

Krissy was gone.

&


Krissy twisted her hair into a bun and tied it down with a black scrunchie. She picked up her lonely dagger and stuck it into the waistband of her jeans, picking up her mixture pouch and heading for her room.

She slid into her leather jacket and walked down the stairs slowly. As she concentrated, she could feel him on the edge of town, hiding out in the woods, as she was sure he’d been doing for the past two days.

The sun was just setting as she walked through the trees. To the left… she sensed, the intense desire to say, “Come out, come out, wherever you are…” over taking her.

Right behind… She spun around, catching the ax before it began its descent. “Hello, Warren.”

Like the coward he was, he yelled out, taking off through the trees.

Krissy sighed, moving to follow him, and beginning her chant.

In front of Warren, a green and purple portal appeared, swirling around. A whirlwind began as Krissy stepped from between two trees, continuously chanting.

She opened the pouch, poring some of the mixture in her hand and tossing it towards the portal.

With a yell, Warren flew off his feet and into the portal. It closed and it was like nothing happened.

“Mission accomplished.” Krissy said, a small smile lighting up her face.

A/N: Is Krissy evil? What did Dru do before? How are things with Spike chipless?

Miz Thang