Disclaimer: Don’t own a thing
Thanks for the reviews.

(*************************************************)

Buffy walked gently down the stairs into the basement of her house. Spike was chuckling at something when he noticed her.

“So whatcha reading?” Buffy asked as she sat down beside him. She leaned on Spike as he wrapped one of his arms around her waist.

“Read this luv…” The vampire handed her a card. Buffy opened it and started giggling.

“Spike, I still remember what I said. I will kill you…well dust you….if you hurt her.” Buffy read aloud. She pointed at a little picture of what it seems like Dawn burning Spike up with a lighter as he sleeps and laughed.

“I’d like to see you do better luv…” Spike commented.

“It runs in the family.” Buffy replied. Spike tilted his head in confusion and looked at the slayer.

“We all can’t draw…” She told him as they looked at the horrendous picture again.

“Buffy, I’ve-I’ve been thinking about the pendant,” Spike said as he let out a sigh. Buffy looked at him. “I think that I should wear it.”

“You can’t, I won’t let you.” Buffy replied firmly. The lighthearted atmosphere was gone now.

“Luv, it’s the only way. You need somebody that fills the requirements.” Spike removed his arms from around her waist and took her hand with it.

“No… you can’t leave me again.” Buffy said, resisting the urge to let her tears flow.

“Buffy, I died many years ago.” Spike said as he touched her cheek, “I don’t want the slayers dieing. They’re all so young. I think that the PTBs are trying to tell me my bloody time is up.”

“We’ll get around it, there’s gotta be some other way.” Buffy said, tears were flowing now. Spike wrapped her arms around him as she climbed onto his lap. She buried her head in his chest.

“Please don’t cry luv.” Spike begged as he held Buffy closer to him, “It’s bloody torture for me luv.”

“Then don’t wear the pendant…” Buffy sniffled. Spike let out a sigh.

“I don’t know what to do luv…” Spike said as Buffy sniffled some more. “We might not be able to find another way around this luv…”

“Willow will know, she’s the brainy type.” Buffy tried to lighten the mood. They sat there as a silence draped over them. “Please don’t leave me.” Buffy whispered into his chest.

“It’s hard to make a promise about that luv…” Spike said sadly. Buffy just continued to bury her head in his chest.

“We’ll figure it out…there’s gotta be some other way.” Buffy said, looking up at the man she loved.

“Let’s hope luv…lets hope.” Spike whispered gently. Buffy just wiped her tears on his shirt. “You do know that you have to tell the others about your dream now.”

“My eyes must be all puffy right now…” Buffy nodded and complained as she rubbed them.

“You still look beautiful to me...” Spike assured her, brushing a stray piece of hair from her face.

“Really?” Buffy smiled and pressed her lips onto his. What was a chaste kiss turned into something more passionate.

(*************************UPSTAIRS**************************)

“Do you here something?” One of the potentials asked into the darkness.

“It sounds like….” Rona replied as she sat up from her sleeping bag.

“Don’t they know people are sleeping up here?” Vi asked, blushing a little as it got louder. There were suddenly footsteps down the stairs as they saw Giles immerge out of the darkness in his pjs. Some potentials couldn’t help snicker at the sight as he marched down the hallway. He went to the basement door and wrenched it open.

“For God’s sake, KEEP IT DOWN!” The British man shouted before he slammed the door close. He turned to the potentials. “I pity you, now go back to sleep.” He marched back upstairs. The potentials heard him close the guest room door. The nose didn’t quiet down but even got a little louder.

“Its gonna be a long night.” Rona said. She laid back down as the others murmured in agreement. She stared at the ceiling before drifting off to sleep to the sound of moans coming from the basement.

(****************************END CHAPTER**********************)
Plz read and review