Thanks for the reviews
Disclaimer: Don't own a thing,

(*************************************)

Buffy let out a deep breath before she entered the room. All the chattering disappeared within mere seconds as she walked in. All eyes were on her now. Buffy felt Spike’s presence behind her and it just instantly calmed her nerves a little. The potentials watched her as she started pacing and explaining what they were gonna do.

“….I hate this. I hate being here. I hate that you have to be here. I hate that there's evil, and that I was chosen to fight it. I wish, a whole lot of the time, that I hadn't been. I know a lot of you wish I hadn't been either. (Kennedy and Rona look away) But this isn't about wishes. This is about choices. I believe we can beat this evil. Not when it comes, not when its army is ready, now. Tomorrow morning I'm opening the seal. I'm going down into the hellmouth, and I'm finishing this once and for all. Right now you're asking yourself, "what makes this different? What makes us anything more than a bunch of girls being picked off one by one?" It's true none of you have the power that Faith and I do. So here's the part where you make a choice.” Buffy finished what they thought was the speech. “Anyone who doesn’t like the plan, they can walk out right now and I don’t care.” Nobody moved as Buffy looked around.

“Now, onto the second thing….” Buffy said, a few groans were heard but soon silenced by the people surrounding them. “ I had a dream…a few nights ago.” The Scoobies were now looking at her funny, they had talked to her earlier about the first part but not this.

“2 nights ago, when you guys….ermm…..” Buffy tried to find a word that sounded good for this situation.

“When you bloody lot kicked her out.” Spike finished for her. A few gulps were heard at Spike’s harsh tone.

“Yes…when...that happened, that night. I was sleeping and I ha-had a dream.” Buffy said, “I’m sure it’s a prophetic dream now. Everything is just falling into place right now. In the dream, I got an amulet, from Angel. Angel is a friend of mine and he dropped by last night and gave me this.” Buffy took the amulet from her pockets and showed the others.

“He said that somebody has to wear it. I saw who wore it in my dreams, and lets just say that the person didn’t get out alive after. There are qualifications to this…thing… Someone ensouled, but stronger than human. A champion in other words.” Buffy explained.

“So, one of us has to wear it?” Rona asked, looking around at her friends sitting beside her. A few of them looked around nervously.

“Spike...and I have agreed that you girls have too much,” Buffy said, looking around “to keep living for. Leave the dieing for the oldies.” The room was silent after he words.

“Does magic make the person stronger then human?” Kennedy asked, rubbing lazy circles on Willow’s hand.

“Well…No. Magic is a component that you add on to the human.” Giles spoke up, “So this means…that its between Spike, Buffy, Faith a-and Dawn.”

“What do you mean Dawn?” Vi asked confused.

“Once the key, always the key remember?” Dawn said lightheartedly, trying to lighten up the somber mood in the room.

“So you guys are ok with this?” Buffy asked as the others got up and tip toed out of the room. Soon, only the scoobies remained.

“Five by Five” Faith grinned.

“I don’t think that it’s a good idea for nibblet.” Spike spoke up.

“What? Why?!?” Dawn asked, “I’m not a little kid, I can make my own decisions.”

“Ni-Dawn…” Spike said softly “Do you really want to give up your life for this bloody apocalypse? You have so bloody lot to live for.” Dawn stayed silent for a few seconds before replying.

“You know what?” She said, crossing her arms, “You’re right, but I’m still doing it.” She looked at the others determinedly. Spike gave Dawn a sad smile.

“Well…how are we gonna do this? Straws?” Spike asked. Giles took the cue and went to the kitchen for the plastic. Spike dug through his duster pocket for something and pulled out a fag. Buffy grabbed it once she saw it and threw it into a garbage can behind her. Spike just shrugged and pulled out a pack.

“You really don’t get the point.” Buffy glared. She grabbed the offensive box and stuffed them in the back pocket.

“Are you sure you want to do this, Buffy.” Giles worried as he held 4 straws in his fist. The slayer nodded as Giles let out a deep breath. He was worried, what happens if Willow’s spell doesn’t work as planned? They had researched it up so hurriedly that they haven’t checked for side affects like they would normally do. What happens if Buffy has to wear the pendant and Willow’s spell doesn’t work? This was more risk taking then he thought he would need to do.

“Watcher, don’t brood.” Spike’s annoying voice stopped his thoughts. The others just grinned at him.

“Yes, yes….” Giles said, shaking the thoughts out of his mind. “Whoever draws the shortest straw will have to wear the pendant. Please hold the straw until everyone has taken one…and we’ll see.” He smiled grimly as they started plucking. Soon, everyone had a straw in their hand.

“No open your palms…” he instructed……

(****************************END CHAPTER***************************)
TBC
Please continue reading and reviewing
your reviews feed my poor brain!