T12
Disclaimer: Don’t own a thing


(**********************************************)

Previously…

“Open your hands…” instructed Giles.

(*****************************************)

The 4 stared at each other as the results were revealed. Giles looked at all four palms and looked at Buffy with a sad look.

“I’m sure we all know what’s gonna happen….Spike, is going to wear the amulet.” Giles said softly as he cleaned his glasses. Buffy’s straw dropped onto the floor as she flew into Spike’s arms. Faith watched the couple hold each other like their lives were about to end, which was true. She gave Spike a pat on the back as she left the room to leave them alone. Giles soon followed to tell everyone else the results. Buffy sobbed quietly into Spike’s shoulder as Spike put his head on hers. They stayed like that for minutes that felt like eternity to the couple.

“Why?” Buffy asked, breaking the silence. Spike closed his eyes as he fought back the tears threatening to spill.

“I don’t know luv, I don’t know…” Spike took in an unnecessary breath as he whispered the words. He never thought that he would end this way, to save the world and everything. It was honourable to die this way but him dieing that way? He would never think of it. Suddenly, something hit Spike. He lifted Buffy’s head gently from his shoulder.

“Since when did we ever follow the rules luv?” Spike asked, brushing a tear that was slowly traveling down her cheek. “When did we give up and give the bloody PTBs what they wanted?”

“But in the dream- “

“Hell with the dream,” Spike interrupted her, “ We can change that Buffy.”

“I hope your right Spike,” Buffy said, her head went to his chest once again, “I hope you’re right.”

(**********THE NEXT DAY********************)

Wood led the bunch of potentials towards the basement as they rushed in the now abandoned school. They split up according to planned as people were running all over the place. Everyone was in their place except for Buffy and Spike, who were sharing a kiss before they finally split apart. The couple separated as they hurried to where they were needed. The final thought on both of their minds? It was going to be a long day…

(*************THE FINAL BATTLE***********************)

Buffy fought furiously as blurs of gray flew past her. She heard screams, war cries and much more as girls fought and fell. Buffy cried in pain as cold metal went through her abdomen and she fell onto the cold floor. Soon, a body of a potential, wait, no, a slayer fell in front of her, eyes opened.

“Mommy, this mortal wound itches…” The First said, getting her attention as it walked around as Buffy. The Slayer gave the first a cold stare as she got up slowly. Buffy heard somebody call her name as she caught the weapon flying at her outa the air. She disposed the ugly monsters that dare come near her.

“Buffy!” Spike cried as the amulet released the shining light “I-I think the bloody thing is working its mojo!” The uber vamps screamed as the golden light burned them to measly ashes to coat the cave floor. Buffy pushed out some slayers out of the way as she ran towards Spike.

“Everyone out!” Faith cried as the building started collapsing around them. When Buffy finally reached Spike, the cavern was shaking like crazy.

“Spike! They’re all dusted!” Buffy cried as she took Spike’s hand “You are not dieing in here!”

“Luv, I cant move!” Spike cried as the light continued burning through him, “You have to go luv!”

“I’m not leaving you here!” Buffy shouted over the noise of the tumbling concrete and rocks. Spike flinched as the light continued burning through his body.

“Buffy! Look at me!” He commanded, “ I know that we made the bloody plan to get out of here. But luv, look around. Its not working! I-”

“It can work, just pull harder. We can do this!” Buffy shouted over the noise.

“Luv, listen to me. This wont last any longer luv. Go, go live…for me.” Spike finished gently, “I love you and always will. If you get out of here, it’ll make me the happiest man on earth. I don’t want to kill you.”

“Oh cut the heroic ‘live for me’ crap!” Buffy shouted as boulders rolled pass her. “Remember what you said, we never follow rules. There is a way around this!” Spike grinned at how determined Buffy looked.

“Guess we’ll have to wait for the bloody PTBs to save our asses this time” Spike grinned.

(***********Somewhere Up there**************)

“AHHHHHHHH What have you done!” The female PTB screamed at her brother. “DAD! HE SCREWED MY LIVES UP!” By the time she finished shouting, a man dressed in a white toga rushed in.

“I heard daughter, we have to get the slayer out of there.” He said as he sat down in front of the machine.

“But she refuses to go unless the vampire goes with her, father!” she replied.

“Then we shall send the vampire with her.” Her father compromised.

“But the original plan doesn’t include the vampire…” She said, looking over her father’s shoulder.

“Desperate times call for desperate measures.” The older PTB replied..

(******back in the hellmouth********************)

“Keep pulling luv!” Spike ducked as a rock nearly hit him on his head.

“I’m trying…” Buffy replied as the cavern continued shaking. Spike screamed as the amulet continued burning a hole in him. They continued pulling until suddenly everything stopped shaking as they hit the ground.

“What the?” Buffy asked, looking at the rocks that froze in mid air.

“Slayer, get your vampire and yourself out of here! You only have a few minutes before the building collapses.” A voice boomed out of nowhere, “Hurry!” Buffy took that as a cue as she dragged the injured Spike up the stairs. They rushed to the door of the school but was welcomed by a concrete column that stopped them.

“Luv, the sun’s up.” Spike said weakly, loosing blood quickly.

“Here, We’re going to need to jump from the roof to the bus,” she said, ripping a cloak off some a random bringer, “Can you jump? Or do I have to carry you…”

“I’ll try” Spike said as he slipped the bringers cloak on, “Eugh…smells like bringer.”

“What else would it smell like?” Buffy managed to say as they dodged a falling rock. They finally got the top of the school as they saw the stairs start collapsing behind them.

“Crap” Buffy swore as she started running on the rooftops towards the bus. Spike took an unneeded breath as he started running after Buffy. His skin started itch as he saw Buffy, who was a few steps ahead, jump onto the back of the bus. She scrambled on the yellow monster to give him room to land. Amazing feat for a person who was just stabbed in the stomach a few minutes ago. Well, if she can do it, he can.

“Spike!” Buffy shouted as she watched a building collapse behind him. She held on as the bus got faster. “Giles! Slow this thing down!” Little did she know, it was Wood at the wheel. The sound of a town being destroyed covered her voice. Spike took one look back at the small town as he continued running and jumped onto the bus, barely holding on to the sides.

“Spike?” Buffy asked worriedly as the bus jolted to a stop. The vampire groaned as he flipped over. Buffy helped Spike off the top of the bus as the Scoobies crowded around them.

“Oh god, It’s a bringer!” Andrew squeaked as he caught sight of Spike, automatically hiding behind Xander.

“Move aside you bloody pillock…” Spike grumbled as he waded through the party of people onto the bus. Buffy was being bombarded by questions now once Spike climbed on the bus by himself. The sun was starting to set as she finished getting hugs from all the slayers and the scoobies. She climbed onto the silent bus to find blood all over the place. Serena was unconscious on one of the seats as Evelyn nursed her broken arm as she slept. There had to be at least a dozen girls unconscious while the other dozen asleep, tired out from the big battle. She found Spike taking a nap, avoiding the setting sun that was leaking in through the window. Buffy sat on the seat across from Spike as he stirred from his sleep.

“Hey…” Buffy whispered, “How are your...erm…internal organs?”

“Well…they’re not bloody pulp…” Spike grinned as he sat up and stretched. “Should be fixed in a week…” The Sun had set behind the hill as a few slayers slowly got back on the bus.

“Where do you think we’re going now…I mean, the town’s gone…” Buffy noted as she moved to the seat beside Spike.

“I’ll be happy where ever you are luv.” Spike grinned before Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck for a kiss. They didn’t notice all the potentials staring at them as Spike pulled Buffy onto his lap. Eventually, they broke apart as Buffy came up for air after a few minutes.

“Talking about organs…” Spike grinned, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

“You’re a pig Spike.” Buffy said half heartedly before capturing his lips again.
“And your gonna live with that…” Spike grinned as she wiggled on his lap.

“Definitely gonna live with it…” Buffy said and smiled as she leaned back on Spike’s chest. Who cares what’s coming in the future, as long as she has her friends…and Spike. Bring it on future.

THE END

well, that’s it, I’m finally done. Thanks for everyone who’s been reading this. Please read and review. Thank you so much again.