Disclaimer: Don’t own a thing,

Thanks for the reviews.

(********************************************************)
Previously…..

“LET’S FINISH THIS, B****!” Caleb roared as he threw Angel’s body across the room.

(*****************)

“I underestimated you Slayer…” Caleb laughed as he advanced on Buffy. Buffy just gripped her scythe with all her strength. “What? The slayer keeping her mouth shut in a fight? This is a first….” Caleb laughed as he swung at Buffy. The quick slayer dodged his attack easily. Buffy didn’t respond to his taunts as she calculated what she should do. What was a man’s weakest part? Then a grin grew on her face.

“What are you smiling about Slayer!” Caleb shouted angrily as Buffy kept sidestepping his attacks. He turned around and pulled his hand back to hit her but Buffy chose at that moment to attack. She used all her might and swung up.

“Ohh…..god…” Those were Caleb’s final words as he split in 2.

“I see that went well….” Angel said as he limped towards Buffy.

“Well, he wasn’t gonna need those parts anyways.” The slayer grinned, “He hated women.” Angel chuckled. Their eyes met as he started leaning in.

(****************OUTSIDE*****************)
Spike followed the scent of Buffy as he ran through the graveyard the hardest he can. He soon saw a crypt glowing with yellow light. He sped up and raced towards the small building through the shadows the trees made in the moonlight. The door was hanging open so he ran down the stairs surprisingly quiet. He felt his presence before he could see them. Angel. “What was Peaches doing here?” he thought to himself. He slowed down as he reached the bottom. Spike ran towards the nearest pillar and hid behind it as he spied on what was going on. He watched Angel and Buffy’s eye meet and Angel leaning in towards Buffy. He wanted to go beat Angel to bloody pulp at that moment….

“We can’t…” Buffy whispered. Angel looked a little shocked over the rejection.

“What? Why?” He asked, standing up straight, “I still love you and I always will!”

“It’s not that simple Angel.” Buffy said, she sighed and sat on one of the stone monuments. “We’ve both moved on…”

“All those flings I had in L.A mean nothing to me,” Angel argued, “I still want you.”

“Angel, you left me as you said ‘for my own good’. Why would you come in right now and say that you still want to be with me?” Buffy asked, getting a little frustrated. “What gives you the right to start and end a relationship whenever you want?”

“I can smell him on you.” Angel growled, “He’s done something to you. The Buffy I know wouldn’t be reacting like this.”

“The Buffy you knew was the one you left behind.” Buffy said, getting angrier every minute, “And Spike has done nothing to me except be there when I need him” Angel frowned even more. “Like now.” She added quietly

Spike froze behind the pillar. Was she talking to him right now? He gulped and decided to stay still until she calls for him again.

“Spike’s here?” Angel asked, looking around before turning back to Buffy, “Buffy, he’s done something to you. He’s got you in a trance. Spike is a soulless monster.”

“No, no he isn’t. He loves me and I can feel him right now.” Buffy said, looking around. Spike didn’t move one millimeter behind his pillar. “Spike, I know you’re behind that thing.” She was obviously calling him now.

“Peaches…” Spike greeted his grand sire with the usual smirk. The blonde vampire walked past him and joined Buffy. She grabbed his hand once he got there.

“You’re soul…..” Angel said amazed, “How?”

“Long story short, fought a bloody lot for it.” Spike replied.

“Why.” Angel demanded, somehow reduced to one syllable words.

“He changed for me.” Buffy said. Angel looked in disbelief of the couple sitting in front of him.

“No way, it must be a spell.” Angel said, “Buffy, it must be a spell. There is no way that you could love such a-a thing like him. The soul…it’s a spell. He doesn’t have it…”

“Bloody Hell!” Spike shouted and jumped off the rock, “Are you bleeding blind? I have a soul! A little hurt that you’re not the only souled vampire on earth anymore? Well deal with it.”

“Angel, just go…” Buffy said, standing up now.

“Fine, if he kills you, its not my fault.” Angel warned as he stalked off, up the stairs.

“Wait, Angel!” Buffy shouted as she ran after him, Spike following closely behind.

“What do you want…” Angel asked, letting out a sigh.

“I believe you wanted to give me something.” Buffy said, sticking her hand out. Angel rolled his eyes and dug in his jacket pocket for a few seconds. He dug out a pendent and dropped it into Buffy’s hand.

“We don’t know much about this thing,” Angel muttered, “Only that it needs a souled, more then human, being to wear it. I thought I would do it but now I see that you have somebody else. Why bother.”

“Angel, we can always be friends….” Buffy said softly as Angel turned and started walking away.

“Yah…friends” Angel said, walking deeper and deeper into the shadows of the graveyard.

(*****************END CHAPTER**************************)
TBC
Please read and review.