Chapter 1

Spring was singing in the air, birds fluttering, and the fairies were making sparkles all over the sky. This time of year was so beautiful in the land of Flandora. Flandora the land of the elves, and home of the most fearsome warriors in all of Janvia.

In the castle of King Giles lived a somewhat unknown elf named Buffy one of King Giles’ favorite maids. Sure she wasn’t the most coordinated elf in the province, but for some odd reason he never let any harm come to her. She had a natural beauty her long wavy black hair flowed down her back in beautiful streams. She had a slender body, though a lot of her most attractive features were hidden in very large and baggy clothing some of it could still be seen.

Although most of Giles’ children treated her like garbage his eldest son was one of the worst. William the devil himself, well at least to her that was what he was, had went to warrior training when he turned 16. He had been gone for 2 years and she had almost forgotten all about him until she heard them cheering in the streets.

“HORRAY! HORRAY! OUR PRINCE IS HERE!” they announced as the crowd screamed with joy. Buffy sighed as she washed the dishes with her friend Willow.

“So you ready for the great princes arrival?” Willow asked sarcastically as she set down her last dish.

“Please don’t remind me.” Buffy hopped up on the counter. “You know maybe he doesn’t remember me. I mean 2 years is enough time to forget someone right?”

“Yeah someone you’ve only known a year or 2 not someone you’ve known your whole life. Plus you guys have been rivals for like forever.”

“Ohh,” Buffy moaned. “You don’t think he remembers the time I put glue on his pillow and he had to shave his head bald do you?”

“No and he probably forgot the time you spilled red paint all over his girlfriends dress.” Willow said even more sarcastically. Both of them started to laugh.

“Hey that seriously was an accident.” Buffy said trying to catch her breathe. “Oh he’s going to torture me.” She put her face in her hands.

“Why don’t you just ask the King to pick someone else to be William’s personal maid?”

“You don’t think I’ve tried? I was practically on my hands and knees begging him to. I don’t know he’s stubborn. Maybe he thinks it’s funny when we torture each other or something. Oh well we’d probably torture each other without me being around him all the time.”

“Yeah but it would still be a little less torture if you weren’t.”

“Well there’s nothing I can do about it so what ever just forget it.” Buffy said standing up. “Let’s go see Prince charming.” She said with false excitement.

As they entered The Hall of Kings they could see William and the King arguing.

“What have you done with your hair!” the King was furious. William had bleached his hair platinum blonde during his time away.

“Oh father don’t be a drama king. It’s just a little bleach is all.” William said with a bored expression as he leaned against the wall.

“And where the hell did you get that accent? You never spoke like that before!” the king tried to calm his temper as he breathed heavily.

“Oh father I’m tired can I go to bed now?” William was getting annoyed.

“Fine!” King Giles said with an irritated voice. “Buffy go with him and start a bath for him!” he yelled. “And no funny business you two.” William smirked as he sucked his teeth.

Buffy sighed as she walked out of the door. Willow smiled at the look sight of Buffy’s more than irritated face when William said something.

“Yeah and make sure the bath is warm but not warm will you!” William yelled out enjoying the sound of her slamming the door.

“William please you just got home don’t torture the girl.” The king said sympathetically towards Buffy.

“Don’t worry dad I’m just gonna mess with her lil bit is all.” William walked out the door as King Giles dropped his head in his hands. “Why must he make my life miserable?” he mumbled as William shut the door.