Chapter 3

As Buffy walked out of the door William turned to his father.

“Why didn’t you yell at her for putting ants in my bed?” he asked furious at his father for not punishing her.

“Oh hush you big baby! You have more important things to deal with!” the King said annoyed at the babyish way his son was acting.

“Oh yeah the big mission,” William said sarcastically. “Why does she have to come anyway? I don’t need to be taken care of!”

“Yes you do! You are by far the only child in this Castle.”

“Child! Child? I am no…” William was cut off.

“Hush!” the King whispered. “That’s not the only reason you have to take her.”

“Then what is the other reason? And it better be a damn good reason cuz if I’m gonna have to be carting her around I better get some income out of it.” William folded his arms and glared at his father.

“I can’t tell you but you have to promise me that you won’t let anything and I mean anything happen to her. Do you understand?” he sincerely asked his son.

“Alright, alright, but does that mean I can’t play jokes on her?” William held his breathe.

“You can do what you want but you’ve gotta promise me you guys bring her back in one piece.”

“Yeah I promise I’ll bring her back in one piece I just can’t tell you how happy I’ll bring her back.” William put on his leather coat. “So when do you want us back?”

The king put his head down and sighed. “I told you when you find The Pearl of the Sun.”

“Ok so how do you think this pearl thing looks like?”

The king grunted. “Just take the map and find it! The fate of the world lays your hands.”

“Ok I’m off to save the world.” William went out the door.

“Lord help him.” King Giles prayed.

William went outside. “Buffy! Come over here will you.” he waved at her.

“Yes you highness?” she asked in unenthusiastic voice.

“Are you finished loading your things?” he asked rudely and without even looking at her as Buffy nodded he glanced at her up and down with hateful eyes. “Good then you can put my suitcase up!” he handed her the suitcase. The case was so heavy she almost fell over.

Buffy sighed as she dragged his suitcase to the back of the cart. Then she got into the cart and sat across from William and next to Willow. Sitting across from Willow was another man with black hair.

“So Spike how was returning home for you?” the man asked.

“Spike?” Buffy whispered to Willow who giggled a bit.

“I don’t really want to talk about it Xander my welcome home wasn’t really that great.” He glared at Buffy as he scratched the ant bites. Buffy tried so hard not to laugh.

“Oh yeah! What happened to you? What are all those little marks all over your face?” Xander asked.

“Chicken pocks!” Spike grunted as Buffy and Willow started laughing.