Chapter 4

"Buffy wake up!" Willow whispered in her ear. "We've stopped."

Buffy lifted her head and saw a beautiful castle it wasn't very big but its beautiful gardens made it elegant and grand. Immediately Buffy knew where they were. They were in Mandolia home of the greatest gardener elves in the world. She was shocked and amazed as she looked outside her window fingering the crystal pendant her mother gave to her when she was very young. Her trance was rudely disrupted when she felt someone push her shoulder.

“Buffy snap out of it will you, bloody hell I can’t believe I took you! Fetch my things like you’re supposed to doin.” He said irritated.

They walked into the cozy looking castle. It wasn’t very grand but it was still nice. Its cabin like features were very refreshing to Buffy. She dragged his and her stuff as far as she could when she heard a very loud welcoming voice.

“Welcome! Welcome! My friends please make yourselves at home.” A very humble looking man came down the stairs from the right. “I don’t have many rooms so some may have to share if that’s alright.”

Buffy heard Spike scoff when he heard this. He looked over at her she could see an idea pop up into his head.

“That’s fine King Marlin I’ll jus share with my servants.” He announced to the king. “Go put our bags in our room now and I expect them to be unpacked by the time I get there.” He whispered harshly to Buffy. She glared at him with her darkened green eyes. “Now!” he whispered pointing to his luggage.

“Ok! Then will you all follow me please!” an old lady announced at the top of the steps.

By the time Buffy got up to of the steps everyone was already assigned to their rooms. ‘That arrogant asshole couldn’t even help me up the stairs,’ Buffy thought as she managed to drag Spike’s suitcase over the last step.

“Are you ok?” Willow asked as she ran up to her.

“Yeah I’m fine. What are you doing taking a nap?” Buffy said slightly angered at the fact her best friend didn’t help her.

“Oh,” Willow giggled. “I’m sorry but Spike said if I helped you he’d make me sleep outside.”

“Ugh,” Buffy grunted. “He’s such a jerk!”

Willow laughed a little as Buffy flopped down on the floor.

“Did you see which room he picked?” Buffy asked getting back up.

Willow gave her a sympathetic look and then looked down the hall. Buffy turned her head and saw Spike lean against the door frame of the room all the way at the end. Buffy sighed as she started to drag his and her things down the hall. Willow shook her head then went back into her room.

When Buffy finally reached the room she was about ready to collapse.

“Well you bloody finally made it didn’t you!” he said in a satisfied but irritated voice. “Took you long enough!”

Buffy scoffed as she dragged the stuff past him. She tiredly started to unpack his things as she yawned.

“Oh, pick somethin out for me for tonight there having a ball in my honor.” Spike said as he watched a sleeked back his hair. “I wanna look good tonight. Ok? I’m gonna take a shower and I expect everything ready when I’m finished.” He closed the door behind him.

Buffy wanted nothing more but to lie down right then but she fought her urge to be lazy and did everything he asked. That was her duty.

By the time he got out of the bathroom everything was done he grabbed the clothes she pick. He put them on expecting them to be miss matched and ugly but was surprised when he looked in the mirror. “These clothes you picked are quite posh.” He turned his body side to side examining everything.

He came back out of his dressing room to see Buffy sleeping on the floor. She looked peaceful and happy laying there on the floor. Spike’s eyes darkened and a smile played on his face.