Please Review!!!

Chapter 5

Buffy woke up surprised to see she was on the bed all covered up in blankets. She was suspicious slowly she rose out of bed looking around intently just incase there was a booby trap waiting for her. But when she finally got out of bed there was nothing. She inch toward the bathroom door studying everything she passed.

When she was finally confident there was nothing wrong she opened the door to the bathroom. Quickly she entered the bathroom preparing for the worst and nothing. “Could he finally have done something nice for me for a change?” Buffy whispered to herself confused.

She went out into the trying to find the servant quarters to get something to drink.

“And why are you not at the ball?” a humble voice asked her. Buffy turned around she froze. The man standing in front of was so handsome she couldn’t stop staring. He smiled at her as he advanced towards her. “Hi! My name is Angel.”

Buffy shook her head trying to wake herself up. “I… I’m Buffy.” she managed to say.

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Buffy.” He smiled. “so you haven’t answered my question.”

“Huh?”

“I asked why you weren’t at the ball.”

“Oh… yeah well I’m only a servant I can’t go to a ball.”

“Why not? You friend is there.”

“Willow?”

“Yeah! Red hair about this tall.” He lifted his hand as an example. Buffy nodded.

“You guys let servants go to you parties?”

“If they’re invited.”

“Who invited her?”

“That guy Xander I think he kinda likes her.”

Buffy smiled. “Well I wasn’t invited so I guess that’s why I’m not there.”

“Sure you are! I’m inviting you.”

Buffy was shocked she couldn’t believe what he just said. “I… I couldn’t. I have nothing to wear.”

“Well that’s a problem that can easily be fixed.” he said smiling. “Maids!” he shouted. Three maids entered the room. “Ladies will you please make sure Ms. Buffy here is taken care of.”

“As you wish your highness.” All 3 of them said as they bowed.

“I’ll see you in about a half on hour.” He said as he left her.

Spike was standing in the ballroom surrounded by a flock of girls, when the door opened and all the men in the room turned their heads. Spike tried to see past the girls in front of him by standing on his toes but he still couldn’t see what everyone was staring at. Finally he managed to push past some of the girls he was shocked at what was walking past him.

It was Buffy she was wearing a crimson dress that was very fitting at the bodice and accentuated her breast the skirt was fluffed out perfectly making her hips look bigger. Her hair was clipped up by a sparkling red butterfly while many curls still cascaded down her face along with a few red ribbons. Her face was emphasized very lightly with make-up.

Buffy couldn’t help but smile at all the drooling men around her every one of them staring open mouthed at her as she entered; she had never gotten so much attention in her life. She turned to look to her right when she saw Spike standing there staring like all the rest of the guys. But for some reason his gaze burned her most of all. She could feel butterflies growing in her stomach when she saw him staring.

Angel led her to the dance floor. A woman started to sing a very slow song as Angel slipped his hand around her waist and pulled her tightly against him. As she stared into his eyes she felt so light as if everyone had faded away. Accept… she could still feel Spike there watching.

Spike watched as Buffy put her head on the man’s shoulder. He cringed a little. ‘What the bloody hell is wrong with me!’ he thought trying to shake his head free from the trance Buffy had put him in. ‘It’s Buffy for heaven’s sake! Stop bein such a pansy boy!’ he hit himself in the head then walked back over to the drinks.

“Buffy as soon as I saw you walk into the castle I felt something for you. I knew you were special.” Angel whispered into Buffy’s ear as they danced. She couldn’t do anything but smile as her heart raced on and on.

“Hey Spike! Isn’t that you servant dancing with prince Angel?” Xander came up with Willow who smiled.

“So that’s his name!” Spike said quietly.

“What was that?” Xander asked.

“Oh nothing so where is that ponce from?” Spike asked as casually as possible.

“Hey you better watch it he’s prince of Samiria land of the warlords.”

“Oh! That’s their prince? He doesn’t look so tough.”

“Are you kidding that guy has been in more battles than you and me combined. He even charged into the battle against the Underworld and came out without a scratch on him! That guy is crazy.”

Spike grunted then looked over at Angel. Then he went outside. ‘Why am I so bloody worried about it I don’t care abou’ her I can have any women I want.’ Spike paced back and forth in the garden as he puffed on a magic shoot. He heard voices coming from behind him and he swiftly jumped into the bushes.

“It’s a beautiful night tonight,” Angel said to Buffy as they walked into the garden. “I’m so glad you’re here to spend it with me.”

“Oh please!” Spike whispered to himself as he watched.

Buffy smiled as she looked at him. They walked to the park bench and sat down.

“Buffy I can take you away to my castle tonight and you’ll never have to put up with that arrogant master you’ve been talking about ever again.”

Spike tried to move in closer to here better but when he tried to step forward as quietly as he could he tripped over a tree root that was sticking out of the ground. He fell flat on his face drawing Angel’s and Buffy’s attention toward him.

“Spike?” Buffy said when she saw who it was. “What are you doing?”

Embarrassed Spike got to his feet and tried to think of a good lie. Finally something came to his head. “I thought my bracelet fell into the bushes so I was looking for it.”

Both Angel and Buffy stared at him quizzically.