Chapter 6

Buffy watched him carefully as he turned to look in the bushes again. Then she remembered that he didn’t even wear bracelets. She started to giggle a little. Spike spun and glared at her with his feet apart.

“What’s so funny?” Spike spat.

“Umm… I don’t remember you having any bracelets your highness.” Buffy said with a smirk.

“Oh, well… you don’t know anything then I… I have a lot of bracelets.” Spike struggled to find more lies. “And that
bracelet was damn important to me m…my father gave it to me.”

Buffy just looked at him with intense green eyes. ‘Why is he lying? Why was he spying on me in the first place?” Questions filled her head as she watched Spike grunt and then stomp away.

Spike stomped all the way to the door then swiftly slid into the bathroom. He sighed as he dropped down on the floor. “Snap out of it you ponce!” he said loudly smacking himself in the head. He had no idea why he was acting this way. He was getting jealous over Buffy who might as well have been his sister. Could he actually be feeling things for her? “Well she did look beautiful tonight.” He thought then smacked himself again. He sighed as he rested his head against the wall behind him.

Buffy smiled as Angel told a funny story about one of his expeditions. She was trying so hard to listen to what he said but all she could think about was Spike. She laughed at the thought of seeing him flat on his face. She never realized how cute he was when he was embarrassed. She shook her head to try and rid her thoughts of her arch enemy and concentrate on the handsome guy who was actually talking to her.

“Um… Are you ok?” Angel asked looking at her closely.

“Hmm? Oh ye…yeah I’m fine just a little tired that’s all.” She said finally snapping out of it.

“Oh. Ok we better get to bed any way it’s getting kinda late.” He stood and helped her up.

They walked hand in hand toward her room. Buffy was confused why wasn’t she happier? She should be overjoyed that a prince like him had any interest in her. When they finally reached her room he turned toward her and leaned in… “BAM!!” they heard something crash into the wall behind them.

“Hey shoo… guyths…” it was Spike he was leaning against the wall about to pass out and slurring his words. “I’mm… jus tryin to get to… the room… is all but…my legs aren’t workin… at the moment…” he laughed as he collapsed to the ground and passing out.

Buffy looked at Angel with a sorry expression in her eyes. Angel smiled gently and shrugged. Then he went to the now passed out Spike and lifted him over his shoulder. Buffy opened the door and let them in.

“Well,” Angel grunted as he dropped Spike on the bed. “I guess it’s time for me to sleep too I gotta wake up early too.”

“For what? You told me you were gonna stay here for another two weeks.”

“Well that was until you said you were leaving tomorrow.” He smiled at her surprised eyes.
“Are serious you’re gonna travel with me?” she said in a tone slightly higher than she expected.

“Well I figure my home is right the trail you guys are taking. So I’ll travel with you guys until then.” Buffy ran up to him and gave him a huge hug. They slightly parted and gazed into each others eyes. Slowly they moved closer to each others face.

”THUD!” Spike had fallen on the floor. They both looked over and laughed.

“You better go I’ll take care of this.” Buffy said pushing Angel out the door. She shut the door behind her before Angel could say anything.

“So you guys in love?” Spike said behind her lighting another magic shoot.

“I thought you were sleeping,” She said as she turned around, “and I can see you aren’t drunk.”

“Well that was kinda funny now wasn’t it?” he took a step toward her with a funny look in his eyes.

She sighed, “I was wrong you are drunk.” She stepped to the left but Spike blocked her. “What are you doing?”

“I never noticed how beautiful you are,” his eyes were in a daze as he touched her cheek. Buffy’s heart jumped as he moved closer to her.

“W...what’s wrong with you?” she shook her head to take her back to reality. “Why are you messing with me?”

“Who says I’m messin with you pet?” he moved closer to her until her soft breasts just grazed his chest. Their breathing grew heavier as his face got closer to hers.

Buffy closed her eyes, as she felt him push her gently toward his face. Softly his lips touched hers. “Knock, knock!” some one knocked on the door.

“Hello Buffy? Are you in there?” it was Willow.

Spike sighed irritably as he lifted his head from hers. “You better get that.” He said and went back to his bed.

Buffy opened the door. “I thought you were sleepin in Xander’s room.”

“Yeah I was until his roommate said he it was to full. Do you mind if I…” she looked over at the blankets spread out on the floor.

“No of course not come in, let’s sleep. I’m exhausted.” Buffy let Willow in as she looked over at Spike who had a pillow over his head.




**************************
A/N thank you to all my reviewers and a special thank you to Caitie for giving me the idea for the bracelets. Thank you all again. Hope you liked it!!!!!!!