Title: Here With Me
Author: InsaneVampiress
Rating: PG
Spoilers: Up to “Bring On The Night”
Disclaimer: Michelle Branch, etc. own the song “Here With Me.” Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, UPN, Twentieth Century Fox, etc. own the show and characters.
Pairing: Buffy/Spike, why else would I write this?
Summary: Buffy hears the song “Here With Me” and thinks about Spike.
Feedback: It helps me write and I love it almost(maybe a little less than that) as much as Spike, actually way less than Spike, but I still love it a lot.
Distribution: If anyone wants it, just email me to tell me where it’s going.
Author’s Note: I was reading Ginmar’s fanfiction “Affinity” and listening to Michelle Branch’s CD ‘The Spirit Room’ and thought of this at around 11:30 PM on Christmas eve. In case you’re wondering, my sister gave me the CD for Christmas, that’s why. Also, this is my first songfic.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy sat at the bar at the Bronze.

Her friends had made her take a break and try to have some fun while they did further research on the First. She hadn’t agreed, but they had refused to let her do anything and she was too tired to make them.

Then, the Slayer looked up at the stage to see that Michelle Branch was playing.

Just that reminded her of Spike. Buffy remembered, the song Michelle Branch had sung that night was “Goodbye To You” and when the vampire had come up to her, sitting like this, she had turned away. Then, she remembered kissing him under the stairs...

Buffy was brought out of her thoughts when the song started.

~

It’s been a long, long time since I looked
into the mirror
I guess I was blind
Now my reflection’s getting clearer
Now that you’re gone things will never be
the same again

There’s not a minute that goes by every
hour of every day
You’re such a part of me
But I just pulled away
Well, I’m not the same girl
you used to know
I wish I said the words I never showed


~

‘Oh, my god. How much did I hurt him? Recently. He suffers the pain of his soul because of me. Why didn’t I tell him how I felt and that I was sorry. I was just selfish. Especially after everything he did for me. He is a part of me and I pulled away, from him... and his love for me.’

~

I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You’re the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me
Here with me

~

‘He left after that night after he tried to... I know he never meant to hurt me, not that time at least, not recently, it was unintentional. He just lost control of his demon for a minute. I remember that look in his eyes, it was fear and remorse, no regular demon feels those emotions.’ She looked down. ‘This song, “Here With Me,” that’s where I wish Spike were... here with me...’

~

You know that silence is loud when all
you here is your heart
And I wanted so badly to be a part of
something strong and true
But I was scared and left it all behind

I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You’re the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me
Here with me

And I’m asking
And I’m wanting you to come back to me
Please?

~

‘That line “silence is loud when all you hear is your heart” is very true for me, I miss him so much... I miss the old Spike, too. The cocky, self-confident bastard and the sweet, loving, and caring man. And wanting him to come back is very true also...’

~

I never will forget that look upon
your face
How you turned away and left
without a trace
But I understand now that you did what you
had to do
And I thank you

~

‘I know that I wish he hadn’t left all, even if he did come back with a soul. But, I do want to thank him for fighting for a soul for me.’

~

I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You’re the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me
I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You’re the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me

Here with me...

Here with me...

~

As the song finished, Buffy stood up. Now she was more determined than ever to find and rescue Spike. He deserved to know how she felt....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author’s Note 2: Tell me what you think of this. I just LOVE that song and I think it really relates to what was happening this season and a little bit about the summer before season seven.