Chapter 3

Buffy was heading to the apartment to talk to Spike. She didn't even know what she would say, but she figured something would come to her when she saw him. She was walking through the cemetery at night when she stopped. She saw Parker sitting on a bench in the distance talking to some girl. Buffy rolled her eyes. That was just what she needed. She then decided that she was sick of being nice and put on a smile as she walked over to them. "Parker, there you are. I was hoping I would find you. I just got your test results and it looks like you tested positive for syphilis. I'm so sorry about that. I guess it's a good thing I didn't let you touch me when you wanted to." She said with a fake smile on her face. Parker looked up at her and he looked even paler than usual and the girl had a disgusted look on her face. Parker turned to look at the girl next to him and laughed.

"She's kidding, I swear." The girl didn't look like she believed him and then Parker turned to glare at Buffy. He got up and grabbed her arm. "Can I talk to you?" He then turned back to the other girl. "I'll be right back." He told her as he pulled Buffy away so they could talk.

"Is something wrong?" Buffy asked him again with a fake smile on her face. Parker glared daggers at her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Is this your way of getting back at me, don't you think it's a little childish?" Buffy gave a short laugh and pulled her arm out of his grasp.

"Yeah, you're one to talk. I just saw you over there and I couldn't resist making you uncomfortable. It doesn't feel good, does it?" She told him.

"Look, just because you weren't any good don't take it out on me. We had fun, Buffy. That's all it was and now I'm moving on to better things. You just didn't have anything to offer me. You should get over it and move on, too. You just weren't worth sticking around for." Buffy looked away from him and held the tears back, she would not cry in front of him. Parker didn't even care as he walked away from her and headed back to the other girl. Buffy let him go as she turned and walked in the other direction, once she was alone she finally let the tears fall. Parker's date took off when he came back and he sighed. He wanted to kill Buffy for that. He figured he would get his chance when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned around thinking it was Buffy only to be met with a fist in his face. Spike yelled and clutched his head after he hit Parker. That hurt like a bitch, but it was worth it. Parker looked up from the ground where he fell and looked at Spike who was staring at him with hatred in his eyes.

"That's for messing with my girl, you pillock. The pain was worth it just to see the look on your face right now." Spike told him and then grew serious as he stared at Parker and shook his head. “You never even realized what you had.” He then walked away leaving the boy to stare after him. He looked around and saw Buffy walking in the distance and he ran to catch up to her. "Buffy, wait up!" Spike yelled and she stopped and turned to look at him a little surprised that he used her name. Spike noticed the tears in her eyes when she turned around. She quickly wiped them away when she saw him staring at her.

"Spike, this really isn't a good time." She told him and he wasn't letting her get off that easily.

"I think it is. I saw what happened." He said and she looked away.

"Great, this night just keeps getting better. So, you wanna rub it in or something because I'm really not in the mood right now." Spike couldn't believe that she would think he would do that, okay he could believe it. He hasn't really given her a reason not to.

"No, I just wanted to see if you were okay." That wasn't what she was expecting.

"Yeah, just great. So great that I'm going to put a bag over my head now." She said as she started to walk away, but Spike grabbed her arm to stop her and turned her to look at him.

"You shouldn't do that, love. A face as pretty as yours shouldn't be hidden. Don't let that ponce get to you, it was his loss." Buffy was at a loss for words when Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and then bent down to kiss her on the lips. She didn't know what was happening as she kissed him back. They continued their make out session for what seemed like forever when Spike pulled away and rested his head on hers. “I want you.” He whispered to her and Buffy knew something wasn't right. She then pulled away from him and took a step back. No, this wasn't happening. He couldn't have been kissing her of his own freewill and he couldn’t have meant that, something had to be wrong. She found her voice after a few seconds.

"I’m sorry, I can't do this." She said as she ran off into the night leaving Spike to stare after her wondering what happened.