Chapter 4

Buffy opened the door to her dorm room and she saw Willow sitting up in bed. Willow looked up at her friend and knew something was wrong when she saw the look on her face. "Buffy, what is it?" Buffy sat down on her bed and sighed.

"I just kissed Spike." Willow then was interested as she looked at Buffy.

"Really, you kissed him?" Buffy shook her head.

"Actually he kissed me, but I did kiss him back." Willow nodded.

"So, is this a good thing?" Buffy shook her head again.

"How can it be? I mean I did like the kiss, but it's not right. It has to be a spell, Will." Willow shook her head this time.

"It's not, Buffy. Maybe you really do have feelings for Spike." Buffy agreed, there was no use denying it.

"I think I do, but he can't. Maybe he's under a spell or something. That's the only thing that would make sense." Buffy told her.

"Why do you think that?" Buffy shrugged.

"This is Spike we're talking about. There is no way he would just kiss me like that; it has to be a spell. It just has to be." Willow accepted Buffy's answer not knowing what to think.

"Maybe I can find that out for you. I have a friend that's good at this stuff, she would only be able to look at you and Spike and tell if you guys are under some sort of spell. She has this way of reading auras. Maybe you can get Spike to come over tomorrow night and I'll ask her if she can do it." Buffy nodded.

"Thanks, Willow. I'm kinda tired; think I'll try to get some sleep." Buffy said as she lay down on her bed and hoped to have a dreamless sleep. Buffy walked into the apartment the next day without even bothering to knock. She saw that Giles was there this time and then felt bad about barging in, but she got to the point. "Giles, where's Spike?" She asked as she looked around.

"Hello to you too, Buffy. He's chained in the bathtub. He knows how to get himself untied from the chair so I can't do that anymore." Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Why does he have to be tied up or chained? You know he can't do anything." Giles nodded.

"He may not be able to hit anymore, but he still messes with my things and let’s not forget that we need him for information on those Commandos." Buffy rolled her eyes again.

“Giles, don’t you think that if he knew anything else he would have said something by now? I’m sure he doesn’t like being locked up in your bathtub.” She told him. Giles just cleaned his glasses and went into the kitchen to make some tea.

“You can go in and talk to him if you like. I suppose you’re here for a reason.” Buffy nodded and then saw the shiny object on the counter. She grabbed it and put it in her pocket when Giles wasn't looking, then walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her. She turned and caught Spike staring at her.

"Well, to what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked as she sat on the edge of the toilet.

"I need you to come to the dorm tonight." She told him and he raised his eyebrows.

"Why would I do that?" Buffy sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"I just need to know something; Willow has a friend that is going to help us out." Spike sat up as best he could and looked at her.

"What exactly do you need to know?" Buffy just decided to tell him.

"I need to know if we're under another spell or if the other one somehow didn’t really wear off. That has to be the only thing that can explain that kiss yesterday." Spike looked hurt as he looked away from her. Of course she would think it was a spell. He knew that it wasn't, but if she was determined to find out the truth then he would let her.

"Alright, I'll go as soon as the sun sets." Buffy nodded and stood up.

"Thank you, I should go. I have a class now." She said as she went into her pocket and took something out. Spike didn't see what it was when Buffy took his hand and placed whatever it was into his hand. She closed his hand around it and then gave him a small smile and a wink as she left the bathroom. Spike seemed confused as he opened his hand and saw the small key that she placed in it. A key that would unlock the chains. He smiled as he looked at it and closed his fist again. She just kept on surprising him.