Chapter 6

Spike watched Buffy go with a confused expression on his face and then turned to look at the other two ladies. "Well, I wasn't expecting that." He told them.

"I'm sorry, Spike. I know Buffy really likes you, she's just confused and she's been hurt before and probably doesn't want to go through that again." Willow said and Spike agreed.

"I know, I just want to make it right." He said as he walked out of the dorm room and went to find Buffy. Willow watched him go and hoped that everything would work out. Spike looked around the college for Buffy and he couldn't find her so he headed to the cemetery where she would usually patrol. He found her sitting on a bench in the distance staring into space. He just watched her for a few seconds and then walked over to her. He didn't say anything as he sat down next to her and she didn't even look at him. He took a deep unneeded breath and decided to be the one to break the silence because it was driving him crazy. "Buffy, why would you think that a spell would be the only reason I would want you?" Buffy shrugged and finally looked at him.

"It seems that no one wants me these days. Angel left and you know what happened with Parker. You remember what you told me? That it looked like I wasn't worth a second go, well I guess you were right." Spike felt like hitting himself for saying that.

"I didn't mean that. I was just mad and I knew that it would get to you, but I never thought you would have taken anything I said seriously. You really are an amazing person, Buffy. I've always seen it even if I didn't act like it. If that wanker couldn't see it then he's an idiot and you can do better. Being under Red's spell was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I knew that I always felt something for you, the spell just made me realize it even more. I hated that it had to end so soon." Buffy was surprised by what he was saying.

"You didn't act like that. You looked pretty grossed out when you realized you were kissing me." Spike smiled at her.

"Yeah, well so did you. I saw how repulsed you looked so I acted like that, but that was the farthest thing from my mind." She blushed as she looked away from his intense eyes. He then cupped her face and turned her gaze back to him. He wasn't finished yet. "I meant it when I said I wanted you. How any man could not want you is beyond me." He told her as he leaned forward a little and captured her lips with his. Buffy kissed him back and they were like that for a while until he pulled away to let her breathe. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"That was definitely not spelled." She told him.

"Glad you think so because this is real, Buffy. Ever since that spell I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, hell even before that you were all I thought about. I thought it was because I wanted to kill you, but now I think it was more. I hope you don’t stake me for this, but I told Red not to do the forgetful spell. I just couldn’t forget what happened, Buffy.” He told her hoping that she wouldn’t pull a stake out and he was surprised when she smiled at him again.

“I already knew, Willow told me. I’m not mad, Spike. I didn’t really want to forget either. I only asked her to do it because I figured it was what you wanted. I guess I wanted things to go back to the way they were because I knew if we both kept the memories of what happened then things would never be the same. I think that’s a good thing though now that I think about it.” Spike then took her hand in his and held it as he looked into her eyes.

"We can make this work, right?" He asked her and Buffy squeezed his hand a little.

"Things won't be easy, but I'm willing to try if you are." Spike nodded and kissed her hand.

"Ready, willing, and able." He said as he winked at her. Buffy smiled and then rested her head on his chest, not letting go of his hand. He kissed the top of her head and looked out into the night. He couldn't believe that he was here sitting with the Slayer and that it felt so right like this was where he was supposed to be. For the first time in his unlife he thanked Drusilla for making him a vampire because right here with this girl was where he definitely belonged.

The End


Well, that's all I have. I know it's not the best ending, but it's all I could think of. Thanks for reading=)