Chapter 2

Buffy woke up the next morning from another dream. She took a deep breath and rested her head back on the pillow. That was the third dream she had that involved Spike. She didn't know what was going on, but ever since the spell she hasn't been able to stop thinking about him. She had to talk to Willow. Buffy found Willow leaving one of her classes later that day and she went over to her. "I need to talk to you." She told her without even saying hello. Willow saw the serious expression on her friend's face.

"What's wrong?" Willow asked as they started to walk out of the school.

"I need to know if there's a chance that I could still be under that spell?" Willow shook her head.

"I don't think so, Buffy. I fixed it and everyone went back to normal like they were supposed to. Why do you think that?” Buffy took a breath and decided to tell her the truth.

“I have been having these dreams about Spike lately and they only started after the spell. Lately he’s all I can think about and I don’t know why. I figured I was still under the spell or something. How else would you explain it?” Willow stopped walking to look at Buffy.

“Maybe you actually have feelings for him and the spell made you realize it.” Buffy looked down.

“I don’t know. Would you be totally grossed out if I did?” She asked looking back up at Willow.

“I admit it would be weird, but I wouldn’t be grossed out. It’s your life, Buffy. You can do whatever you want and I won’t judge you. I just want you to be happy.” Buffy nodded.

“I know you do. I don’t know what to do, Will. This is Spike we’re talking about. You might be okay with it, but there is no way Giles ever will or Xander for that matter. There’s also the fact that Spike hates me. God, why did this have to happen? I was fine a month ago.” Willow then felt bad.

“This is all my fault. I’m really sorry for doing that spell, Buffy. I had no idea it would cause so much problems.” Buffy smiled at her.

“I already forgave you. It’s okay, we all make mistakes. I just have to deal with the consequences.” Willow nodded.

“I think you should talk to Spike. You should tell him how you feel.” Buffy sighed.

“I don’t think I can. I’m not even sure how I feel and if I tell him he’ll just laugh at me. I don’t think I can handle another rejection right now.” Willow put her arm around Buffy as they continued to walk.

“I’m sure it won’t be as bad as you think, but you’ll never know unless you try.” Buffy looked at her.

“What makes you so sure it might not be so bad?” Willow stopped walking to look at her friend and took a deep breath.

“I promised I wouldn’t tell you, but I think you have a right to know.” Buffy didn’t say anything as she waited for Willow to continue. “I actually never did the forgetful spell on you guys.” Buffy raised her eyebrows.

“You told me that you tried it and it didn’t work.” Willow nodded.

“I know and I’m sorry I lied. I was going to do it, but Spike talked me out of it. He can be very convincing when he wants.” Buffy seemed confused.

“Why would he do that?” Willow shrugged.

“He wouldn’t tell me. He just told me not to do the spell and when I saw how serious he was I agreed. He didn’t want me to tell you.” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

“Well, looks like I have to talk to him after all. He had to of had a reason for that and I wanna know what it is. Thanks for telling me, Will.” Buffy said as she started to walk away when Willow stopped her.

“Buffy, don’t be so hard on him.” Buffy looked at Willow and nodded before she walked away.