Chapter 3

Spike was still sitting on a bench in the park after the blonde that he was watching left. He looked at the little red headed girl on the swings as he continued to sketch her. He was concentrating until he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Knew I would find you here, Spike." Spike didn't even bother to look up when he replied.

"Yeah, of course you would because I'm usually here every bloody Saturday. The question is why are you here, Angel?" Angel shrugged and sat down next to Spike. Spike then noticed that his girlfriend, Darla was there too and she sat down on Angel's lap. Even though there was enough room on the bench.

"We're worried about you, man. You've been a little distant lately, constantly keeping to yourself. You're always here with your nose in that sketchbook. We think you should do more, like maybe start dating again." Spike sighed and chose to ignore his friend. He met Angel when he first moved to Sunnydale seven years ago and they became friends, but Spike wouldn't deny the fact that Angel annoyed him sometimes. Darla was a nice bird and he liked her, but he didn't care for their constant make out sessions always in front of him like he wasn't even there. Like right now she was busy nibbling on his ear while Angel was trying not to let it distract him as he talked. "I'm just saying that you haven't dated since Drusilla and that was two years ago. I know that ended badly, but there are other girls out there." Spike finally looked up at him not sure what to say when he saw Faith walking towards them and he smiled. He then dropped the smile when he saw that she seemed upset.

"What's wrong?" He asked her when she came up to them.

"This stupid guy over there tried to grab my ass. This is a public park filled with kids for crying out loud." Spike got mad at that.

"Which one is he? I'll kill him." He said as he started to get up when Faith stopped him.

"Don't worry about it, Spike. I took care of it." She told him.

"Are you sure?" Faith nodded.

"Yeah, I can take care of myself." She said.

"That's what worries me." He said and Faith smacked him on the arm.

"You may be six years older than me, but I can still hurt you. Don't you forget that, mister." Spike smiled at her.

"I don't think I could forget. You've always been a little terror." Faith smiled in return.

"Damn straight." She then looked and noticed that Angel and Darla were making out, oblivious to their conversation. "God, do they always have to do that in public." Spike rolled his eyes.

"Apparently so." He then turned back to Faith. "You have homework that you should be doing?" Faith rolled her eyes also.

"I have some, but no sweat. I can take care of it tomorrow. No one sane does homework on a Saturday." Faith told him.

"I don't want you waiting till the last minute because I know you'll forget. You need to pull your grades up." Faith sighed.

"Tell me something I don't know and since when did you become my father." Spike sighed also; sometimes he was just too young to deal with this.

"I'm not trying to be, but I am your guardian which is close enough." He said.

"Why do you have to say guardian, why can't you just say brother?" Spike smiled at her.

"I could, but I like the way the other one sounds. You know I'm responsible for you since mum and dad have been...gone. I want you to do better than I did in school. Even if that means I have to push you to get there." Faith nodded.

"I know and you have been doing a good job. I guess I just can't help but give you a hard time, it's in my nature." She told him with a smile.

"Why don't you just be the little sister that I know and love?" He told her.

"I'll work on it, but I can't promise anything." She replied back and he figured that was the best he would get from her. Spike was born in London, England and when he just turned six he moved to LA. They then found out a little while after that his mother was pregnant with Faith so she was born in LA and never had the British accent like Spike, who always managed to keep it. Their father was British, but their mother was American who just happened to be living in England at the time. Seven years ago they all moved to Sunnydale because their dad got transferred. Spike hated the small town from the moment he stepped into it. He liked his life in LA even though he got into a lot of trouble, always seemed to hang out with the wrong crowd. He used to be known as William when he was younger and he always detested that name. It was when he was 16 that he decided to go with Spike. His best friend at the time gave him that name and said that it suited him and it stuck ever since. He moved to Sunnydale around that time and basically lost touch with all of his old friends and made a few new ones. He just wanted to leave the past behind him. Spike seemed to always date the wrong girls which always ended badly. He thought that it would all change when he moved to Sunnydale and then he met Drusilla. He loved her or he thought that he did and she ended up cheating on him, several times. He didn't think he wanted to let another girl into his life after that. That was until he started seeing that cute blonde girl around town. She was a tiny thing and he could tell that she was different from the other girls. He has been making a habit of following her around town. He's not even sure why, just couldn't help it for some reason. He always liked what he saw which proved how different she was. He could also tell that she was younger than him which would be a first. He always seemed to get involved with older women. He still had Faith to deal with which sometimes was too much to handle. Their parents died about three years ago in a car accident when Spike was 20 and Faith was 14. Ever since then he has been doing his best to take care of her so social services wouldn't take her away. He had to change his ways a lot to prove that he could be responsible enough to handle a teenager. His little sister was all he had left and he wouldn't let anyone take her away from him. He had an okay life now, but he knew that something was missing. He wasn't sure what it was, but he hoped that he would find it.