Chapter 4

Buffy got out of her last class on Monday and went to her locker. She liked school and got good grades, but sometimes it could be tiring. She really needed to get more sleep. She was opening her locker when she heard someone behind her. "God, could that class be any more dull? I almost passed out from boredom." Buffy looked at the dark haired girl that spoke and noticed how much she was into the leather look. Buffy thought it really worked on her and was surprised that she was talking to her at all.

"I don't mind it all that much." She told her.

"Yeah, because you actually like school, don't you? Well, I guess everyone is different. I'm Faith by the way, you're Buffy right?" Buffy nodded and still seemed confused.

"You know who I am?" Buffy asked.

"I've seen you around. I was actually wondering if you could help me. I've been kinda slipping in a few of my classes lately and I hear that you're a pretty good tutor. So, was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me at least pass a few of my next tests like that Chemistry one coming up next week. That is like my worst subject and if I don't get at least a B+ on it I'm sure my brother would disown me so yeah I could use all the help I can get." Buffy smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, of course. When do you want to start?" Faith smiled.

"You are a lifesaver and I think the sooner the better. How about tomorrow after school? I kinda have plans tonight. We could study at my house." Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds okay. Do you want me to meet you there after school?" Faith shook her head.

"Why don't we just walk there together tomorrow? We have the same last class anyway and I'm not too far from the school." She told her.

"Okay, tomorrow it is then." Faith smiled and gave her a hug which took Buffy by surprise.

"Thanks again for this; you're saving my life here. I'll see you tomorrow." Faith said as she waved and walked away.

"Yeah, don't mention it." Buffy replied back. She then headed for home. She wanted to spend more time with her brother while she had the chance. Later that night Buffy found herself at the Bronze which was like the only cool place to go to in Sunnydale. She didn't want to go, but her friends eventually talked her into it. She was sitting down reading and not listening to much that was going on around her.

"Hello, earth to Buffy." Buffy looked up when someone addressed her.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked.

"You have to be the only one that's reading in here. Homework is for at home, you're here to have some fun which you've been lacking in lately. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen you have fun for as long as I've known you." Buffy sighed and took her glasses off and put her book away.

"Sorry, Anya. I just have a lot of reading to do. I shouldn't even be here." Anya looked at her friend and was about to say something when Xander, Willow, and Tara walked to their table and sat down.

"This music is great, guys. You should be out there dancing." Xander said and Anya smiled big and stood up while pulling Xander up with her.

"He has a point for once; we'll be on the dance floor." Anya said as she pulled Xander away from the table. Buffy smiled as she watched them. Anya and Xander have been dating for over a year now and Buffy was happy for them. She couldn't remember ever seeing Xander that happy and it was the longest relationship that he's ever been in. She hoped it would last for them. Willow noticed the look on her friend's face as she watched Xander and Anya and she kept wondering if maybe Buffy wanted a boyfriend, too. She has never really dated all that much and never talked about wanting one before, but Willow could tell that it was something that she wanted. She didn't want to push her though. Tara was the one that spoke up. She was always so quiet and only spoke when she really had something that she needed to say.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Tara asked Buffy and she turned to look at her and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Look I hate to cut this short, but I think I'm just going to go home now. I'm really tired." Buffy said as she stood up and grabbed her stuff.

"You want us to go with you?" Willow asked and Buffy shook her head.

"No, you guys stay here and have fun. I'll see you tomorrow." Willow nodded and watched Buffy leave. She then couldn't help but notice a familiar head of bleached blonde hair that looked to be watching her leave also. She just shook it off and turned back to Tara, figuring that she imagined it.