Chapter 6

Buffy was waiting for Faith by her locker after class ended while Faith was talking to their teacher. She was leaning against the lockers when she saw her friends walk towards her. "Hey, Buff. We're all going over to Will's for some movies and junk food, wanna come with?" Xander asked her.

"Maybe some other time, I kind of already had plans." They were surprised by that when Faith finally came out of the classroom.

"Hey B, ready to go?" Buffy nodded and looked back at her friends.

"I'll see you guys later." She told them as she walked out of the school with Faith. Xander turned back to the others.

"Did that just happen?" He asked and they all nodded, not sure what else to say. Buffy followed Faith into her house when they got there.

"This is a nice place." She said and Faith nodded.

"Yeah, it's not so bad. My brother's home, but he knows not to bother us. He's really surprised that I actually decided to get help with my school work. I think his exact words were "oh my god I think Hell is finally freezing over" while he clutched his heart in the process." Buffy laughed at that and followed Faith upstairs to her room. They passed another room and Buffy heard a guitar coming from inside. "Yeah, he likes to play when he has the time. He used to be in a band back when we lived in LA." Buffy nodded and thought that he was really good. Faith then banged on his door and yelled. "Keep it down in there; we're actually trying to study up here!" The music stopped and Faith turned back to Buffy. "That will probably last only about five minutes; we better get started while we still have quiet." She said as they headed to her room and Faith closed the door when they were inside. Buffy looked around her room and noticed that Faith was really not all that into colors, almost everything was black. She noticed posters of Nirvana and Metallica everywhere. There was also a huge poster of Evanescence on her door. Buffy wasn't really into that stuff, but she really liked the other girl's style. Buffy went to her bag and took out her Chemistry book.

"So, what exactly do you have the most trouble with?" She asked her.

"Try everything; I was never that great at Science or Math for that matter." Buffy nodded.

"This could take a while, but I'll help as best I can. You still have a week until the next test." Faith nodded also and they got to work. About three hours later they went downstairs to find that Faith's brother was in the kitchen facing the refrigerator, drinking a beer without a shirt on. Faith rolled her eyes.

"You could at least put a shirt on you know, we do have company." Faith said and Buffy smiled when he turned around and she recognized him, she noticed that he recognized her also.

"Buffy, didn't know you were the one that was gonna be tutoring Faith." He said as he grabbed his black shirt off the back of the chair in the kitchen and put it on. He didn't know why he was suddenly embarrassed because he wasn't usually like that.

"Yeah, I didn't know that you were the brother that she mentioned." Faith looked at both of them.

"How do you two know each other?" Buffy was about to say something when Spike spoke up first.

"We met at the Bronze last night, just talked for a bit." Faith nodded accepting that answer when she thought of something.

"Wait, is she the girl that you said...?" Spike then put his hand over her mouth to shut her up.

"How is that never speaking of it again? Why don't you be a good girl and walk Buffy home so she doesn't have to go by herself while I go to the store." He said as he took his hand off of her mouth. Buffy was wondering what she was going to say, but she didn't think it would be right to bring it up and Faith just let it go and agreed.

"Fine," she replied. Spike nodded and with one more look at Buffy headed out of the kitchen. "Hey, don't forget my female products!" Faith yelled to Spike as he left and she could have sworn she heard a "bloody hell" come from him. When they were sure he was gone they both burst out laughing. "I love making him uncomfortable like that." When they calmed down she looked at Buffy. "So, you have any siblings?" Buffy nodded.

"I have one older brother and a younger sister." Faith nodded also.

"Ah, the middle child. That has to suck." Buffy shook her head.

"I don't really mind it. I actually get along great with my brother. My sister on the other hand can be difficult." She said.

"Yeah, that's how it is. I know I torture my brother a lot, but I love him. He's always been there for me." Buffy nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, same here. He's always been really overprotective of us, especially with me." Faith agreed.

"Yep, older brothers. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Come on, I'll walk with you to your house." Buffy shook her head.

"That's okay, you don't have to." She said.

"I want to, it's the least I can do." Buffy smiled at her and they walked out of the house. It felt good to meet a new friend.