Chapter 7

Faith got back to her house a few hours later. After she left Buffy at her house she met some friends at the park and hung out for a bit before heading home. When she walked in she found Spike sitting on the couch with another beer in his hand. "Took you long enough." He told her as she walked closer to him.

"Sorry, lost track of time. What's your deal?" He shrugged and took a sip of the alcohol before answering her.

"Nothing," was all she got and Faith wasn't just going to accept that. She sat down next to him and took the beer from him and put it down.

"So, was she the girl that you told me about?" Spike nodded and Faith laughed. "Wow, it's come to this. You're falling for high school girls now; she's only a year older than me." Spike shrugged.

"I didn't say it was the best decision I've ever made, but I can't help it." Faith nodded.

"Well, if you ask me it would definitely be an improvement." Spike looked at her.

"What do you mean?" She rolled her eyes.

"Have you seen the girls you've been involved with? They were psychotic especially that last one. Buffy would definitely be good for you, I can already tell she's not like them." Faith told him.

"You actually think that this is a good thing?" She nodded.

"Yeah, I mean I guess five years isn't that much of a difference. She's also really nice, she doesn't even know me and she's helping me out anyway." Spike smiled.

"Yeah, it's what she does." Faith pointed at him.

"See, that right there. I have never seen you get that look on your face before when you were talking about a girl. You never know, she could be the one and I'm usually not one to say stuff like that. So you better listen, mister." Spike laughed at her.

"I should probably talk to her first, don't know if she feels the same way. We did just meet after all." Faith nodded and got up.

"You do that and I'm gonna hit the books." Faith said.

"Oh god, you've shocked me again. I don't think I can take it." Spike said as he put his hand to his heart. Faith rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you're so hilarious." She replied sarcastically as she went upstairs. Spike just sat there for a bit longer thinking about what he was going to say to Buffy. When he was done thinking he decided to go for a walk and get some fresh air and he knew just the place. A little while later, Buffy was sitting on the ground at the beach just looking out at the ocean. She felt the wetness on her cheeks and didn't even realize she was crying.

"Beautiful." She smiled at the familiar voice and looked up at Spike.

"Yeah, the ocean is always beautiful at night." She replied.

"Well, that too. Is this seat taken?" Buffy shook her head and turned back to look at the water. She didn't even bother to ask how he knew that she would be there.

"Be my guest." She said and he sat down next to her. He looked at her and noticed the tears. He reached out and wiped one away.

"You okay?" She nodded.

"Yeah, just being here tends to be emotional for me. When I was younger my dad used to bring me here all the time. I loved it. I still come here whenever I can by myself, but I guess it's not the same." Spike nodded also.

"I take it he's not around anymore." Buffy shook her head.

"He died a few years ago." That was all she said and Spike felt bad for bringing it up. He knew how she felt.

"I'm sorry," he replied.

"It's okay. It was hard at first, but things are pretty good now. My mom got out of her depression, my sister is becoming more social again and making friends, and my brother has been visiting us more." She told him.

"What about you?" Buffy looked at him for the first time since he sat down.

"I'm as good as I can be I guess. I know my dad wouldn't want us to be sad forever, he would want us to get on with our lives and I guess that's what I've been doing. As best I can anyway." Spike nodded.

"Yeah, I think he would be very proud of you." Buffy gave him a faint smile.

"Thanks, so what's your story?" She asked and he looked out at the water.

"My parents died about three years ago. It's just been me and Faith ever since." Buffy looked at him.

"God, I'm so sorry. It must be really hard to lose both of your parents." Spike nodded.

"Yeah, it was. I was only 20 then and had to take care of a teenager by myself. It was no picnic, but I did what I had to because I couldn't let them take Faith away. She's the only real family I have left." He told her.

"Well, I think you did a good job." Spike smiled at her.

"I try." She smiled back and then they just sat in silence for a bit until Buffy broke the ice.

"So, where are you from?" Spike looked at her again.

"England," he stated and Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I knew that. I mean where in England." Spike smiled at her. He knew that was what she meant.

"London, I moved to LA when I was 6 and then came here when I was 16. God, I hated it the minute I set foot in this town." Buffy laughed.

"Yeah, try living here your whole life. I guess it's not so bad once you get used to it." Spike smiled at her again.

"I think I'm finally starting to like it here." They looked into each others eyes and when it got too intense, Buffy looked away. "I guess I should get back now, can't leave Faith unsupervised for too long. Don't fancy her burning the house down." Buffy smiled at that and could tell that he was just teasing.

"Yeah, I should too." Spike stood up and then helped Buffy up. He held onto her hand for a bit before he let go.

"I guess I'll be seeing you around more these days since you're helping out Faith." Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, you may start to get tired of me." Spike looked into her eyes again.

"I don't think that's possible." Buffy found herself blushing again and this time Spike noticed and thought it was adorable, but he didn't say anything.

"I'll see you later." She said and Spike nodded. She walked away without even looking back. Spike took a deep breath as he watched her go. He didn't even get to talk to her about what he wanted to, but he figured he would have time. He didn't think that he could ever feel this strongly about someone again, but this was a different feeling. Spike knew what it was. He just met her and only talked to her a few times, but he knew that he was already starting to fall in love with her.