Sorry for the really short chapter. I hope you guys won't hate me, all will be explained soon=)


Chapter 8

Buffy was walking out of school with her friends and her mind was elsewhere so she didn't really hear what they were talking about, but she guessed it was Prom even though it was about five months away. They walked down the steps in front of the school and Buffy looked and saw Spike in the distance standing in front of a car which she figured was his. She smiled and shook her head as she walked towards him. Her friends looked also and saw her head in his direction. "Hey, isn't that the guy we saw that was checking Buffy out in the park?" Xander asked and Willow and Tara nodded. Anya wasn't sure what they were talking about, but that wasn't anything new. "Since when does Buffy just go up to strange men that are probably stalking her?" Xander said a little upset.

"I have a feeling that there's a lot she hasn't told us." Willow replied back. Buffy walked up to Spike and smiled at him.

"I figured you would be done with the whole stalking thing." She said and he smiled back at her.

"I didn't realize I was doing that, but I'm actually here for Faith. You care for a ride home?" Buffy shook her head.

"No thanks, I should probably get back to my friends." Spike nodded and figured it was now or never.

"Yeah, but before you go. I was wondering if you were doing anything tomorrow night." He asked her.

"Why, is that your way of asking me out?" Spike nodded.

"Yeah, guess I couldn't come up with anything better. So, would you like to do something?" Buffy sighed.

"Look, Spike. You're a really nice guy and I will admit that is very hard to find these days and I do like you, but I'm just not really into the whole dating thing. I'm sorry, but I hope we can be friends." Spike was disappointed, but he accepted her answer and nodded. It was better than nothing.

"Yeah, I guess that's pretty much what I was expecting anyway." Buffy felt really bad when she saw the look on his face, but she knew it would be better this way.

"I should really get back to my friends now. You going to be okay?" Buffy asked him.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." She nodded.

"I'll see you later." With that she turned and walked away. Spike watched her go. He should have known that a smart girl like her would never be interested in him; they were just from two different worlds. She was too sweet and always went out of her way to help others and he could be nothing but trouble. He knew it would be very hard to get her off of his mind though. He put on a fake smile when he finally saw Faith walk towards him. They just got into his car and drove away from the school without saying anything.