Standard Disclaimers Apply

Chapter 4: Helping a Friend Out

“So…after careful consideration and analysis using my awesome Xan-man powers, I’ve come to the conclusion that,” Xander paused for effect, “you have a huge crush on Spike Giles.”

Buffy gave him a “duh” glare and went back to banging her head against the table. “Is it that obvious?”

With quick reflexes, he slipped his hand just before her head was going to hit the table again. “Oww. Well, aside from the fact that not everybody has my advanced level of deduction, I’ve got to say it’s pretty much ‘in-your-face’ obvious.”

Moaning, she said, “What should I do?”

“Do? Isn’t that obvious? Steal him from Drusilla!” This time he was the one giving her a “duh” look.

“What? No way. Drusilla is my friend. Friends don’t do that to each other. And besides that, she’s a big star. I’m just a nobody. It’s stupid for me to even think about it.” She said, a forlorn look on her face.

“You can do it if you put your mind to it. Seduce him. Put on a sexy outfit, give him a come-hither look and he’ll be putty in your hands,” he said. “It worked on me.”

As if proving his testimony, a voice sounded from behind his bedroom door. “Xaaaaaaander! I want my orgasms now! You’ve only given me 3 and you promised me at least 5 more. We haven’t even tried the cowgirl-“

“I’m coming Anya!” Xander blushed and dipped his head. “I swear that woman is going to kill me one of these days.” Having said that, he eagerly opened the bedroom door and rushed in.

Buffy sighed, wallowing in her misery. “Even Xander, of all people is getting some. What is this world coming to?”



“Grandad, how did you fall in love with grandma,” Buffy asked when they sat down to eat breakfast the next morning. Maybe she’d be able to get some clues off of him.

“By riding a bike,” he said, as he prodded around his food.

“Really?” Her eyes lit up as she remembered that day on the bicycle with Spike.

“Yeap,” he said. “But actually, I was riding my bike to visit another girl. Now she was a beauty.”

Frowning, Buffy said, “What? That’s not the way it’s supposed to be.”

“She didn’t know I liked her. It was a secret love. Now those were the days.”

With a skeptical look on her face, she asked, “How can unrequited love be good?”

“Well, he doesn’t know you love him at all. Therefore, you’d never get a broken heart. When he’s feels happy, so would you.” He took the

Buffy felt as if the words were taken out of her mouth. “So did you ever go out with that girl? And how did you get with Grandma then?”

“Shh! Your Grandmother has sharp ears,” he said as he pointed to a portrait of her on the dining room wall. “I don’t want her to hear all this.”

“Well I want to know,” Buffy pouted. “We’ll speak really quietly!”

“I’m hungry, I want to eat now.” He picked up his knife and fork.

“Aww Grandpa, come on! Tell me, and then we’ll eat!”

All he did was shovel pancakes in his mouth.



She finally arrived at Drusilla’s apartment complex. As she pushed her bike towards the bike rack, she passed by Spike’s black Benz. Her heart started to beat faster and her palms started sweating.

“Good mornin’ pet,” Spike said when he glanced up at her. He was putting on a steering wheel lock on the car.

“G-good morning,” she stuttered as she averted her gaze, looking anywhere but him.

Spike smiled at her. “’s so much trouble putting this on. But if I don’t, I’m ‘fraid it’ll disappear again. Oh, don’t tell Drusilla ‘m here. I want it to be a surprise.” He was referring to the huge bouquet of beautiful red roses lying in the passenger seat. There had to be at least two dozen roses, with Baby’s Breath surrounding them.

Buffy inwardly melted. Omigod, could he get anymore perfect? “D-do you n-need my help?”

“Nah thanks, Bonnie. Why don’t you go on up. I’ll be there in a mo’.”

She gave a tiny sigh of exasperation before saying “Buffy!” and ran up the steps to enter the building.



When Drusilla didn’t answer the door even after several minutes of knocking, Buffy took out the key to the penthouse suite and opened it herself. “Hello?” She called out. “Dru, you here?”

After hearing no sounds, she walked further into the foyer. When she rounded a corner, and saw something white lying on the floor, she stopped immediately. Using the key to gingerly pick it up so that it wouldn’t touch her hand, she tried to inspect it closer. Buffy gasped in disbelief when she realized it was a pair of briefs.

Just then, the door flung open.

Giggling, Drusilla yelled, “Hey come back and give me my underwear!” and grabbed for the man in front of her.

A man wearing only a towel to cover up his privates. He was tall and muscular, too muscular for Buffy’s tastes. She preferred lean guys, with defined pecs and nice abs. This guy looked like he could suffocate Drusilla with just a hug.

In disgust, she dropped the tighty-whiteys like it was a hot potato.


Drusilla pushed Buffy onto the couch. “What you thought isn’t what you’re seeing.” Her hands fluttered around, grasping for an explanation. She shook her head when she realized that wasn’t right. “I mean, what you’ve seen isn’t what you’re thinking. Buffy, do you understand?”

Buffy stared straight ahead, breathing heavily. She couldn’t believe she had touched that nasty guy’s underwear. “What I think doesn’t matter. I just know that Mr. Giles is downstairs and he’s about to come up.”

Drusilla shrieked and ran to the balcony, trying to see if Spike was still down there.

The guy was putting his briefs on underneath the towel. And he was doing it, right in front of Buffy.

She hyperventilated as he walked closer to her, smirking, since he thought she was in awe of his fabulous physique.

Drusilla shrieked again when she saw Spike entering the building. She ran over to Buffy and said, “You have to help me! I’m your best friend! Please!!!”


With a bit of trouble because of the bouquet he was holding, Spike took out the key to Dru’s suite from his pocket and stuck it in. He opened the door and stepped in. “Dru! Babe, where are you?”

When he heard sounds of whimpers, he looked down. There Buffy was, cowering in the corner. She had her hands on her head and her knees tucked in so that it was touching her chin. He crouched down and asked her, “Where’s Dru?”

She glanced at him for a quick second and said, “Inside.”

“Sweetie! I was just thinking about you! What a nice surprise,” Drusilla said. She had changed her robe from a short sheer one to a long cotton one.

Standing up, Spike walked towards her. “I didn’t know that light was broken,” he said, seeing a guy who was sitting on top of a ladder as he screwed in a light bulb. He had his jeans on but was still naked from the waist up.

“Yeah, he’s just here to fix it. I don’t know how Buffy could find such a disgusting repair guy. Oh, is that for me?” She asked, playing with a piece of Baby’s Breath. “Thank you!”

“You sure you like it, luv? You don’t look particularly happy. I had to miss two meetings just to get this for you and come here,” Spike said, disappointed.

Drusilla grinned. “Do you really want to make me happy? Come into my room,” she purred, and dragged him towards it.

Spike dropped the flowers in her haste. “Wait, wait! I still have to get back for another meeting! There isn’t enough time!”

She ignored his protests. “Forget about the meeting, baby. I want to have some fun,” she said and pushed him into the room.

The last thing Buffy and the guy heard was a masculine voice saying, “Don’t bite my ear!” before the door slammed shut.

“Well, great. What am I going to do? I haven’t gotten my money yet!”

“I-I-I don’t know,” Buffy stuttered.

“What? Pay me the money that she owes!”

Buffy just stood there, incapacitated by his daunting presence. He growled and stomped out, leaving her standing alone. She looked down at the floor, feeling wretched. She had helped Drusilla cheat on Spike. And on a man-whore, no less. Spike really loved her and still she cheats on him? If only he’d notice me, she thought with hopeless longing. I’d never treat him like that.



It’s taking a long time for Spuffy loving, I know…but when it finally does occur, it’ll be good, I promise! (that’s what I thought, when I watched the movie anyway). Hope you guys can be patient and keep reading! Review please!!!!!! I really need my reviews!!