As Songgal says, “so long to the perfect life!” lol yeah, basically…here’s the moment everyone’s been waiting so patiently for, the start of some Spuffy loving! Thanks for sticking out as long as you guys have…Hope you enjoy the chapter and don’t forget to review!

And big thank you’s to Caitie, BuffyandSpikeForever, Essi, Cordykitten, Seraiza, and Songgal! I got this chapter out quickly for you guys!

I really have no clue about the workings of a radio station, and I’m quite sure I messed up the names of the rooms and so forth. Please bear with me!



Chapter 7: Spike’s Nurse

Rushing into the radio station, Buffy almost plowed into her boss. “I’m s-so sorry I’m l-late!” Buffy said, out of breath.

“Yeah, fortunately for you we were able to have Marcia cover your show with her news segment,” he said as he pointed to Marcia in the studio, who was on the air. “Now get prepared, you’re up next.”

Broadcasting in the sound production room, Buffy heard was able to hear Marcia’s news segment. When she heard Spike’s name, she snapped to attention.

“…Spike Giles and his father Rupert Giles, along with famed Drusilla Hayes, who was actually here at our station about a week and a half ago, got into an accident just three hours ago. Reportedly they were driving on the wrong side of the road when a dumpster truck crashed into them, driving at 65 miles per hour. As far as injuries go, Drusilla looks to have gotten off miraculously easy, with just a very slight concussion. However, for both Giles, they are currently in the Intensive Care Unit. We’ll update you as soon as new information comes in. In other news…”




The doctor stood in front of the group of people who were waiting on edge to hear Rupert’s condition. Jenny and Angel stood in front, while a few members of the Board of Trustees of Giles and Son, Inc. were off to the side. “Mr. Giles’s head hit the glass window when the car crashed into the other car. Along with several deep lacerations in his scalp from the shards of glass, there was severe cerebral hemorrhage which we’ve managed to stop but-”

“So that means he’s okay,” Angel interrupted.

“-But, there’s still no certainty.” The doctor continued. “He’s in a coma right now; it may take him a few hours or a few days to wake up…or he may never wake up.”

“And Spike?” Jenny asked.

“The younger Mr. Giles is also in a precarious situation…”




“Why are the bloody lights off? Turn them back on!” Spike was on the bed in his private hospital room, upset and shaken. He woke up with piercing pain in his eyes and instead of making it better, the nurses had the lights off and were trying to placate him in the dark. He didn’t understand anything and refused to calm down, as they were telling him to do. His hands flailed as he tried to get a sense of his surroundings. When he felt an over-bed table but couldn’t see it, he pushed it away in anger. When he felt someone reach out to him, he tried to push him away too. “What the fuck is going on?”

“Spike…Spike, calm down,” he heard a familiar voice say to him. “This is Wesley. Please, stay calm.”

“Wesley?” Spike grabbed on to his shirt and clutched it as if it were his lifeline. “What’s going on? Am I blind?”

“This may be just temporary, Spike,” Wesley said as he slowly pushed him back down onto the bed. “You have a large blood clot in your occipital lobe. We will have to try to take care of it by surgery.”

Spike took a shuddering breath. “You’ve got to ‘elp me, Wes. I can’t become blind…how’s my father? And Dru?”

Wesley sighed, reluctant to tell Spike the news. “Dru’s alright; she has some minor injuries but she’s okay. Your father…he’s in a coma.”

His fists were clenched so tightly that droplets of blood fell onto the bed sheet. Even trying as best he could, he couldn’t stop the teardrops from leaking out of his eyes and falling down his face.



Drusilla closed the door as quickly and quietly as she could when she saw Wesley leaving Spike’s side. She sat down onto the uncomfortable plastic chair placed to the side of the door. When Wesley walked out of the room, she stood up and grabbed his arm. “Mr. Wyndham-Price, how is Spike? Please, be honest with me. Is he going to be blind forever?”

“I think he should have good chance of recovery, Ms. Hayes. However, it’d be wise to keep in mind of the complications that may arise, especially since the surgery will be very difficult,” he cautioned.

“So he’ll be okay?” she asked again.

“Look, he really needs you right now. Stay with him as much as you can and try to comfort him.”

Nodding, Drusilla said, “Of course.” When he walked away, she went to his door intending to go in. Pausing for a few seconds, she turned around and walked away for a few steps before seeing Jenny coming down the hall with Angel following close behind her.

She stopped and waited for them to reach her. “Mrs. Giles, Angel,” she said demurely.

Ignoring her, Jenny just walked by. Angel stopped, turning back. He leered at her and motioned with his head for her to follow.

She smiled and sauntered to him. “So, where’s your girlfriend?”

“Who, Faith? I dumped her weeks ago,” he said and continued to walk.

Drusilla walked alongside him. “I have the most horrible luck. I hurt my hand,” she said with a pout as she held out her uninjured hand for him to see. “And I lost my watch too. A hundred thousand dollars, gone.”

“Just a hundred thousand? I’ll buy you a new one,” Angel replied, stopping their walk.

She smiled coyly. “I won’t accept it. I don’t accept guys’ presents easily, you know. I’m not that kind of girl.”

He just gave her a smirk and walked off, knowing she’d follow.

And follow, she did.




Buffy and Xander was walking into the hospital that evening. “Since Anya works in the hospital, try and find out what room Spike is in for me,” Buffy said to him. “I don’t think the staff would just give out his room number to anyone.”

“Sure, Buff. Leave it me. Anya’s the Head Nurse,” he said.

“Head Nurse?!?” Buffy exclaimed. Wow, that’s impressive, she thought to herself.

When they got to the service desk, Xander said to the nurse, “Yo, I’m lookin’ for-”

“Please hold, sir,” she said, cutting him off when the phone rang.

Xander’s mouth dropped at her rudeness. “Well, fat load of help you are,” he said disgruntled. He wandered off, trying to look for Anya.

When the nurse got off the phone, Buffy said to her, “Excuse me, I’m looking for a Spike Giles. Can you tell me his room number please?”

“I’m sorry, that’s private information; I can’t give that out unless you’re a family member or a close friend,” she replied.

“Oh…I’m his…girlfriend,” Buffy fibbed.

Giving her a suspicious look, she said, “I thought he was going out with Drusilla Hayes.”

Buffy reddened, trying to think of a good answer before she lost her chance of getting the room number. There’s no way she’d go to every floor, knocking on each door. “Yeah, they broke up but they’re still good friends. We just started going out recently,” she said, crossing her finger behind her back.

“Hmm…alright. He’s in room 302,” the nurse said finally.



She opened the door slightly and peeked in his room. He stood in front of the windows with a white bandage around head. She giggled to herself when she saw the bandage practically blended in with his bleached hair. Thank God he’s alright, she thought. Her legs walked into the room, as if she had no control over them. She knew it was stupid, but she just had to be close to him, even if it was for a second or two. She’d just stay for a bit and leave, without him even knowing it.

“Who is it?” came Spike’s roughened voice.

Buffy gasped and turned, but instead of walking through the doorway, she accidentally closed the ajar door shut.

He turned from the window and walked slowly and cautiously to his bed. Sitting down, he said bitterly, “A blind man’s sense of his surroundings is especially strong.”

“What?” she whispered. “You’re blind?”

“Who are you?”

“I…”

“Are you a nurse? You must be; I was wondering there hasn’t been a private nurse sent here.
’ave you seen my girlfriend?”

Buffy’s throat caught. She couldn’t believe that this had happened. Her eyes filled with tears and she blinked them back before they could fall.

“Drusilla, my girlfriend?” Spike said impatiently. “I know she’s alright. Why hasn’t she been here to see me? Go find her for me.”

“I…I don’t know,” Buffy said. It was the only thing she could say, with her mind a jumbled mess.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know who Drusilla is. She has an assistant following her around, all the time. Short, petite little blond woman, always dressed in these frumpy clothes,” he said, walking slowly towards her now.

All Buffy could do was smile. He remembers me! she thought excitedly, her heart thumping.

“Oh, what’s your name, ducks?” Spike asked.

He stared straight at her, and Buffy fidgeted, sure that he must have been playing a trick on her.

“My name? My name is…E-Elizabeth,” she replied. Well, at least that wasn’t an outright lie. That was her real name.

“Alrighty. Go on and find Drusilla, now.”

She walked out, slowly closing the door behind her. Xander stood up from the chair, and said, “Heard your Prince Charming’s blind.”

“Did they say if he could be cured?” Buffy asked urgently.

“Not easily,” He replied. “But his step-mother hasn’t even gotten a private nurse for him.”

“Oh, where’s Drusilla? He wants to see her.”

Xander pointed somewhere behind him. “I think she went away with Spike’s brother. Why?”

Buffy, looked away, trying to figure out what she could do. “Don’t tell him, Xander. He thinks I’m his private nurse.”

He grinned and patted her on the arm. “That’s great! You can keep pretending and then if all goes well, he’ll ask you to marry him! He’s so rich! And you’ll be rich once you guys get married!” he said ecstatically. She could practically see the dollar signs in his eyes. “Now get in there, and treat him well! It’ll end up good for the both of us!” He pushed her into the room.

Turning to the door, Spike asked, “Back so soon?”

Crap! Buffy thought to herself. “Uhh, yeah… I couldn’t find Ms. Hayes. But I’m sure she just went to get you some get-well flowers or something and she’ll be back soon,” she said. Walking over to him, she had him lean forward so she could fluff his pillows.

She leaned in towards him, inches away from his face as she peered into his eyes. Maybe Wesley’s right. If we don’t make eye contact then I’ll be okay. She looked down, her gaze attracted to his beautiful lips. They were sooo kissable! she thought. God, what I wouldn’t do for a kiss. A real kiss. She forced herself to look back up into his blank blue eyes before she did something she’d regret. She straightened; clearing her throat, she then asked, “Is that more comfortable, Mr. Giles?”

“Yeah, pet. Why isn’t Drusilla here? Tell me the truth. Is she hurt?” Spike persisted. He didn’t understand, if Dru was fine, then why wasn’t she here with him?

“No, she’s not…she’s just…” Think, Buffy think! Say something believable! “It’s actually her mouth. It’s swollen and her tongue is hurt so she can’t talk right now,” saying the first thing that came to her head. She silently hit her forehead with her hand, she couldn’t believe this crap was coming out of her mouth. And that is believable?!? “I’ll check again whether she’s back or not.”

She quickly walked to the door, but it opened before she got a chance to. Xander came barreling in, bringing flowers and a balloon. As he was about open his mouth to say something, Buffy covered it with her hand.

“Ms. Hayes, you’re back!”

Spike reached out his hand, waiting for Drusilla’s touch.

Xander walked over to him and handed him the flowers. Buffy pulled him away from the bed and was pushing him towards the door when they heard Spike say, “Dru, what’s wrong?”

They turned back. Xander again opened his mouth, probably intending to say something in a high pitched voice when Buffy covered it again.

“Ms. Hayes, you don’t want to hurt your tongue more. Why don’t you go back to your room to rest?” Buffy said.

“Who the bloody hell are you to order people around here,” Spike said to her, angry. “Dru, come here.”

Buffy and Xander looked at each other, eyes wide in panic. She tried to push him to the bed this time but Xander was pulling away. He pushed her towards the bed, hard, so that she lost her balance and her upper body landed on the bed, close to his crotch.

Gahh, this was something she didn’t want to see! She lifted her head up, only to have it be in close proximity to his face. She turned away quickly, trying to escape.

Spike grabbed on to her hand, and held onto it tightly. “I will recover, luv. For you, I will see again. I want to see you in a beautiful wedding dress when I marry you.” He brought his head down and kissed her hand gently.

Buffy’s throat caught again. He really loves her, she thought. Dru’s so lucky.

Spike leaned his head forward, clearly wanting a kiss. Buffy brought her head back, not knowing what to do. In a surge of courage, she kissed him on the lips. Before he could coax her mouth open for a real kiss, she pulled back and ran out of the room.

Spike scrunched his eyebrows together in puzzlement but then he smiled at Drusilla’s demureness.

Buffy leaned back against the walls, her heart pounding again. She brought her hand up to touch her lips, the lips that had touched the lips of Spike! Oh God!

“Heeeyyyy, Buff. Wanna have a smoke?” Xander said to her as he held in front of her an unlit cigarette.

She pushed him aside and walked away.

Spike clumsily came out of the room, his hands touching the walls. “Dru? Luv, you out here?” When his hands patted a person, he pulled them back. “Who are you?”

Xander pitched his voice so that it was deep and professional-like. “Name’s Dr. Harris. What are you doing out of your room?”

“Have you seen Drusilla?” Spike asked.

“Yeah, she’s gone back to her room. Her mouth’s a swollen mess. Now you be good and go back to your bed. Get plenty of rest and water, and all that,” Xander said as he gently pushed him back into the room.

Buffy was still walking down the hall, in a daze, her mind on Spike’s perfect and soft lips.


Please review!!!