Rose Mary sat at the table in the dining hall sipping her tea, worrying about William. He had been gone for hours with Drusilla and it was far past dusk. She just hoped everything was alright, but if he was out with Drusilla then something could be wrong. Just then the object of her thought walked in with her brother in toe.
“Hello, Drusilla. Hello Angel.” She replied politely. The she noticed someone was missing from the group. “Where’s William?” She asked worriedly.

“He’s with his little peasant slut!” Drusilla hissed. Rosy Mary stood up immediately and glared at the brunette.

“Don’t you dare speak that way in this house, or about William and his friends! If you are going to disrespect our family like that then you are not welcome in this house!”

“Your dear William threw us out any way, my dear. So you won’t have to worry about us. I can’t say the same for William though.” Drusilla threatened before walking in the direction of her room.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Rose Mary asked with anger. Angel put his finger tips together in front of him. He sighed and looked up before returning her gaze and explaining,

“Let’s just say that Will and his little princess upset us and people don’t get away with upsetting the Angelus’s.” He gave her a wicked smile and turned on his heal. Rose Mary’s cup of tea fell to the floor and shattered before she ran to the study to inform her son.

Buffy groaned as she opened her eyes. The bright sunlight streaming into her room through her window made her squint. As she adjusted to the light, the events of the night before came back to her and she let a contented smile form on her lips. A hand was draped across her waist holding her tightly. Her back was pressed against a hard chest and a warm breathe was tickling her neck. She turned around in the bed to face William. He was asleep and a pleasant smile graced his face.

He looked so peaceful and innocent. Buffy slowly traced the contours of his face as she studied them. Her eyes followed the path of her fingers as the lightly traced the scare across his eyebrow. She wondered how he got it and imagined it had been from a great battle in a sword fight or from an important battle in a war.

Her fingers traced down one sculpted cheek bone and across a full bottom lip. His skin was so soft and his face was angelic. He was perfect. She ran her fingers down his neck and over his collar bone. It slowly made a path between his pectorals and down his muscular stomach. She traced it back up towards his face delicately and was surprised to find to blue eyes looking at her. “Good Morning, pet.”

“Morning.” She smiled happily

“Did you sleep well?” He asked, pulling a loose strand of hair behind her ear and giving her a smile.

“Yea, especially with you holding me making me feel safe.”

“That’s what I’m here for, luv.” He smiled and she began tracing the scare on his eyebrow.

“How’d you get this?” She asked, wrinkling up her nose.

“Sword fight in the war.” He shrugged.

“Did you win?”

“Of course.” He smirked. “Da’ taught me how to fight. He’s amazing with swords. In his glory days he was known as Ripper.”

“Ripper? The Duke? Really?”

“Really. He was one of the best fighters of his time, but then he met my mom and left the military behind.” Spike watched as Buffy’s hazel eyes widened and she jumped up in the bed.

“Oh my gosh! My mom! Did she come home last night? What if she saw us together…i-in the bed… sleeping? What am I going to do?” She jumped out of bed before he could respond and put on her night dress and robe. “Stay here, I’ll be right back.” She blew him a kiss and left the room.

Buffy walked to the kitchen and then to her mother’s bedroom but no one was home. Dawn’s room was empty as well. She started to panic and ran back to her bedroom. “No one’s home. Where is everybody?”

“I don’t know, pet. Maybe everyone is just running late today. Don’t worry just yet.” Just as he finished the sentence, they heard the front door of the cottage open and someone yelled,

“Buffy, I’m home.” Buffy breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed before heading to the kitchen to greet her mother.

“Morning mom. Where were you? I was getting worried.”

“I went to the market to buy some bread. I’m sorry you were worried honey but you were asleep when I got home, and I wanted to go early before the market place got too crowded.”

“Oh, um… h-how’d you know I was asleep.” Buffy tried to ask nonchalantly.

“Oh, your door was closed so I assumed you were. Why do you ask?”

“I was just curious.” A loud noise was heard from Buffy’s bedroom, and she closed her eyes and prayed her mother wouldn’t go check on it.

“What was that?” So much for praying, she thought.

“Something probably fell. I’ll go check who-what it was.” She said nervously as she ran off in the direction of the noise. Her mother followed. Buffy opened the door to her bedroom and found William sitting on the bed in only his trousers rubbing his foot and muttering curses under his breathe.

“What happened?” Buffy whispered, concerned.

“I stubbed my toe on the bloody be-“he was cut off by a very angry Joyce Summers clearing her throat, standing in the doorway.