He should have expected this. It was perfectly in his son’s nature to go against everything and every rule he was supposed to follow, but the fact him and Buffy were together, in love, was a huge shock. His son had never really been in love before, well there was that Cecily women but that had ended rather badly, but he seemed to really care about Buffy. The way they looked at each other and held each other, the way the talked. Someone blind could tell they were deeply in love. Rupert Giles leaned back in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. Whether it was wrong or not, his son had chosen who he wanted to be with. His mother had supported William on his decision so the only thing left for Rupert to do was accept it.

Putting his glasses on after a good cleaning he sighed and stood up. He left his room and headed to the dinning hall. The sound of laughter soon filled the hallways as he neared his destination. As he entered the room, the laughter soon died down as he was fixed with three sets of eyes; two of which we glaring.

“Well, what do you have to say for yourself young man?” Rose Mary asked in an aggravated tone. You could tell she was upset by the fact she referred to Giles as “young man”.

“Though I do not approve of this relationship and think it is rather wrong, I can’t prevent the two of you from being together. I can tell how much you care for each other and perhaps eventually I will learn to accept the…urm… situation fully. Now, there are some rules that the two of you must follow. If too many people find out about this, we could be banished or shunned or perhaps something worse. Don’t let the wrong people know about this relationship or there could be dire consequences.” He sat down across from his son at the long table.

“What kind of consequences?” Buffy asked hesitantly.

“If someone who is perhaps in the position to gain power from a marriage with William happens to find out, they could go as far as to murder you Buffy. Power can make people act irrationally.”

“So if someone like the Angelus’s knew then we should worry right?”

“That’s precisely why I’m informing you of this. I’m aware they know and I think you two should be careful.”

“I would have to agree with Rupert on this, kids,” Rose Mary replied, “The Angelus’s are very powerful very jealous and very smart. They could be planning something as we speak.”


Liam Angelus sat in his chair by the fireplace in the little cabin. He watched the flames dance in the moonlight and let the heat of his tea warm his hands. Tonight was the night. He and Dru were going to kidnap Buffy and have a little fun before William tried to rescue her, only to be met by a bloody death of course. Angel laughed as he threw the cup into the fire and got up to find his sister.


“Are you sure you don’t want to stay here tonight? I have a bad feeling about you leaving this late.” William asked worried as he rubbed his hands up and down Buffy’s arms.

“I’ll be fine, Will, I promise. I’m tough.”

“I know, but I’m still worried. What if Rosy was right and they are planning something?” His concern was clear in his voice.

“I can defend myself. I don’t need you to be my knight in shining armor all the time, okay?” She gave him a quick kiss, “Love you,” and headed out the door.

Even with all her reassurances, William couldn’t help the nagging feeling in him that something bad, very bad, was going to happen. He ran his hand through his already disheveled curls and headed to his room in hopes of getting some sleep.

Buffy climbed into bed after putting on her night dress and kissing her mother goodnight. She pulled the covers around her and closed her eyes waiting for sleep to come.

Liam climbed through the open window of Buffy’s room as quietly as he could. He wasn’t as successful as he hoped. He landed on the ground with and extremely loud thump and back up into Buffy’s dresser. He cursed under his breathe and prayed he hadn’t woken her.

A loud noise caused Buffy to open her eyes. When she heard what sounded like a voice in the pitch black of her room, she panicked. “Who-“She was cut off by a cold hand covering her mouth. She was pressed against a body on her bed. Her heart beat so loudly in her chest, she was sure her attacker could hear it. Her head was throbbing from her frightened state. She bit at the fingers on her mouth in hopes of releasing herself from them. Her attacker yelped but didn’t remove them. Something was tied around her head and covered her eyes. Her hands were bound behind her back and the hand on her mouth was replaced with a cloth.

The extra weight on her bed lifted as Angel stood up. He grabbed Buffy by the arm and roughly pulled her up from the bed. His right hand ran up her body slowly, rubbing against the side of her breast then across her collar bone and down her shoulder. Angel leaned in and kissed her cheek before picking her up and climbing back out the window. Once outside he dropped her and harshly grabbed her arm again, dragging her through the night.