“Get up!” Angel yelled vehemently as Buffy tripped over a rock and fell to the hard ground. He yanked her up by her shoulder which he held in a vice grip. She was sure there would be a bruise in the morning… if she lived that long.

“Who are you? Why are you doing this?” She pleaded as she was pulled along by her attacker. The cold night air was nipping at her exposed cheeks and ears. The tears on her face stung her flesh.

“You’ll find out all that soon enough.” He suddenly stopped and she heard the door of a wagon being opened. Another pair of footsteps were heard walking around near her.

“So this is my William’s little slut.” It was the voice of a woman. A cold finger ran down Buffy's cheek and suddenly she felt a warm breath against her ear. “We’ll have fun with you. William won’t know what to do without his sunshine. He’ll come back into the darkness with me.” She cackled in a wicked tone before grabbing Buffy and pulling her up into the wagon with her. Angel soon followed Drusilla and Buffy into the seat. He took the reins and guided the horses towards their cottage.

Joyce Summers opened the door to her daughter’s bedroom, hoping to find a sleeping Buffy there. When she found the bed empty and the window opened, her first thought was that Buffy had snuck out. When she found her robe and slippers, she knew something much worse had happened.

In a panic, Joyce quickly got dressed and headed over to the Duke’s mansion. He or his son would help her, she was sure. She knocked on the giant iron doors before hunching over and gasping for breath. The maid opened the door and discovered Joyce, bent over gasping for breath and holding her side. She immediately helped her in the house.

“Sit here, Ms. Can I get you anything?”

“A glass… of water….would be… nice.” Joyce breathed, a little agitated.

“Oh, yes, of course.” The maid hurried away, only to come back a few moments later with water. After Joyce had caught her breathe and drunken most of the water, she was ready to speak again.

“May I see the Duke? It’s an emergency.”

“He’s busy at the moment my lady, but if you wait he’ll be out in a while.”

“No, this is extremely important. It’s about Buffy.”

“Lady Buffy? Is she in trouble?”

“Yes, very bad trouble. I need to see him now.” The maid nodded and hurried off towards a room down the hall. She knocked and William stepped out looking a little upset for being interrupted. The maid said something to him and his eyes widened. He turned around and ran back in the room, only to come back a few seconds later with his father in toe.

“What’s happened to Buffy? Is she alright?” Giles was frantic.

“I hope so. I think she’s been kidnapped.” Both the Duke’s and William’s eyes widened more, William’s became angry.

“The Angelus’s. They did this. I told her not to go home tonight, I had a bad feeling.” His fists clenched at his side as his eyes narrowed in anger.

“We’ll get a carriage ready and try to find them. We must hurry.” The three ran off down the hallway towards an iron door that lead outside. Servants were already getting the carriage ready and the three got on quickly. Giles grabbed the reins and told the servants to stay at the house before guiding the horses down the walkway.

Buffy woke up on a bed in a small cottage, smaller than hers. Her head was throbbing and she remembered getting hit on the head with something heavy while in the wagon. Everything after that was black. She opened her eyes and squinted from the candle light in the room. Her blind fold was gone and her hands were free from their restraints. There were rah, red marks from were they had been tied around her wrists. Her shoulder hurt from where Angel had yanked on it. She pulled down the collar of her night dress to reveal a dark blue bruise covering her left shoulder. She winced when she touched it.

She was cold, scared and vunerable. Her night dress was see through so it didn’t hide much of her nakedness underneath. She suddenly felt ashamed and embarrassed. Her attacker had seen what only William should be able to and it frightened her. The cold lonely cottage frightened her. All she wanted was to be in William’s comforting arms, safe from the world. She pulled her knees up to her chest as tight as she could so her body was now in a small, fragile ball, and she cried.

William’s knuckles were white form how tight they were holding the seat. He had hated Angel from the day he had met him, but now he despised him. He had stolen the love of his life and she was probably alone and scared right now. When, not if, when he found Angel, he would kill him or die trying.

The problem was how were they going to find tall, dark and forehead? He thought they had left the country or at least the town. They didn’t know where to look first. Asking around was their best chance. William walked up to one of the merchants at the fruit stand, one he had seen Dru talking to the day they were in the market place together. He was tall and his skin hung of his face in thick flaps. It was very strange.

“Clem, is it?” The man nodded. “I’m William.”

“I know. I remember you. You were with Dru the other day in town. Crazy chick if you ask me but to each their own I guess.”

“We aren’t together. But that’s beside the point. Do you know were she lives?”

“Yea, sure. Her and her brother moved into an old abandoned cottage up in the east woods a few days ago. Why do you ask? Plan on rekindling the old flames?” He smiled and gave William a nudge.

William arched a scared eyebrow at Clem, “That would be a no because there are no flames to rekindle. Thanks for help though , mate.”

“Sure, my pleasure.” He waved as William ran back towards the carriage and jumped on.

“I know where she is,” he said to his father and Joyce, “the old, abandoned cottage in the woods.” The Duke nodded and shook the reins to get the horses moving again.


Buffy jumped as the door to the bedroom opened and Angel walked in. He had a wicked smirk on his lips and an evil gleam in his eye. “Well, hello Buffy.”