A/N: This chapter contains a graphic attempted rape scene. I know some people didn't want it, but it was planned from the beginning and was pretty much inevitable with the way the story was going. If it's going to offend you or make you uncomfortable, don't read this chapter. Thanks

******************************************************************

Buffy backed up against the headboard of the bed when Angel appeared in the doorway. She was scared. He had complete power over her and even with her hands free; she knew she wouldn’t be able to defend herself against him. He was too strong. Her heart beat accelerated when he walked into the room towards her.

“Angel? Why’d you do this?” She asked already knowing the answer.

“Why’d I do this?” His laugh was menacing, “I did this because if I can’t have you, know one can. But don’t worry, Buff, I’m not gonna kill you just yet. I want to have some fun first.” He laughed again and Buffy moved impossibly closer to the headboard. Angel grabbed her legs and dragged her towards him at the end of the bed. She licked out and landed a good one to his jaw. He stumbled back a few steps and brought his hand up to rub his chin before fixing her with an angry glare.

“Now, Buffy, that wasn’t very nice. I guess you have a naughty side I didn’t know about.” He advanced on her again, she tried to kick out once more but this time he was ready and caught her foot before she could strike. He got on the bed and put a knee on each side of her ankles, holding them in place. Then he crept up her body until they were eye level with each other. His finger once again trailed down her cheek, across her collar bone, and down her side, touching her breast briefly. His finger went lower to the hem of her dress. He trailed it underneath to touch the soft skin of her lower thigh.

Buffy used her free hand and tried to push him off her. This made him angry, and he immediately removed his hand from under her dress to slap her across the face. It left a red mark on her right cheek. Angel ripped her dress down the middle, exposing her fully to him as the garment fell to her sides. He started to roughly fondle a breast.

“Stop! Angel, please! Stop!” Buffy screamed as tears cascaded down her cheeks. She tried to picture herself in a happier place where she felt warm, safe, loved; a place where all her fears and doubts went away; a place with William.

The carriage wasn’t moving fast enough for William. He had to get to Buffy fast before it was too late. He knew what Angel could do. What he would do. Angel was jealous and would do anything to spite him. William knew this and it just made him angrier. He grabbed the reins from his father and tried desperately to make the horses pick up speed.

Buffy screamed again as Angel painfully twisted her nipple. More tears fell down her red cheeks. “Don’t cry bitch!” He yelled. His finger penetrated her painfully and began to pump away. The expression on his face was something Buffy couldn’t describe. She didn’t want to. She closed her eyes and tried to picture herself in William’s arms and ignore the searing pain her body was in.

William jumped out of the carriage before it even slowed down. He could hear Buffy’s screams from inside the cottage. Without thinking he turned and rammed into the door. Ignoring the pain in his shoulder and his father’s pleas to stop, he did it again. This time the door flew off its hinges and landed on the floor at his feet. Drusilla was standing in front of a door at the end of the hall and he knew that was where Buffy was. He ran towards her but she didn’t move away.

“Dru, get out of my!”

“No. You don’t belong with the sunshine. You belong with me. The sunshine must be punished.”

William clenched his jaw and rolled his eyes as he pushed her out of the way and kicked down the door blocking him from Buffy. He saw red when his eyes landed on the bed in the room. Buffy was held down by Angel’s body. He was straddling her waist wearing only his pants. She was completely naked.

“Get away from her you bastard!”

William marched over to him, grabbed him and threw him off the bed towards the wall. He hit it and fell to the floor in a heap. Not thinking, only reacting, William drew his sword from his belt and aimed it towards his enemy. But Angel was faster then expected and jumped up from his postion on the floor before William could strike.

Angel grabbed his sword from the table and the two prepared for battle. Angel swung the sword at William’s head, who easily blocked the blows. As Angel stepped forward, William stepped back. They each swung and blocked as they fought. On an ordinary day, Angel would give William a run for his money. But today, William was fueled by anger and hatred. He wasn’t thinking rationally. He intended to kill Angel, screw the consequences. Angel would die for his actions.

His opportunity came when Angel lifted his word above his head to strike William. This left his bare, unprotected chest exposed. William rammed his sword into Angel’s chest just as Angel’s sword came down on his shoulder, leaving a deep gash. Angel fell to the floor with a cry of pain. Blood ran down his chest from the protruding sword. He ran a hand through his unruly curls as he surveyed Angel’s dead body. It was then William realized what he’d done. He’d killed a man. No matter how much he had deserved to die, William would have to live with the guilt of what he’d done.

He ran over to bed and grabbed a sheet to cover up Buffy. She had stopped screaming by the time he’d reached the room and was now motionless on the bed. She was staring at the sealing like she was in some far off place away from there. William shook her gently. “Buffy, luv, come back to me. You’re okay now.” When she didn’t respond tears welled up in his eyes and he shook her more firmly. “Buffy, it’s me. Come back, please. I love you. I need you.”

Suddenly, Buffy’s green eyes blinked and it was the happiest moment of William’s life. She looked around a little disoriented at first, then her eyes settled on William’s face. He pulled her to him and hugged her so tight she thought she would break. Then the tears came as she clung to him. She cried for all the pain, all the fear, everything she had just gone through in the last few hours. But she was safe now in her lover’s tight embrace.