4 years later…

The dining hall was filled with guests as Buffy and William made their way through the doors. A long table was set up against the opposite wall of the doorway with food and appetizers adorning it.

As they walked in hand-in-hand, the room went quiet. Every watched with smiling faces as the couple made their way to the middle of the room. Buffy was dressed in a beautiful light blue dress with silver lining in a decoration on the bodice. The long skirt bowed out to the floor. Her hair was held up by pins with a few stray curls hanging down.

William was in a white shirt with a blue jacket that matched her dress and brown trousers. The orchestra began to play a tune. William grabbed Buffy’s other hand and pulled her towards him. The couple began to dance, smiling lovingly at each other. To William and Buffy, there was no one else in the room except for them.

Their eyes never left each other as the waltzed around the dining hall, the object of everyone’s attention. After a few minutes other couples joined into the dancing, including Joyce and Giles. They had become good friends in the four years of their children’s marriage. They all lived in the mansion now. William and Buffy had their own wing all to themselves. Everyone was happy with arrangement. Eventually, the couple would get their own home but for now they didn’t mind living in the house with the Duke.

As the orchestra started a new, livelier tune, the couples broke apart and began a new, more energetic dance to go with the music. As Buffy pulled away from her husband, a little hand tugged at her dress. She looked down to see the bright, blue eyes of her daughter staring back at her. She bent down and smiled.

“What is it, sweetie?”

“Uncle Giles said I had to ask you if I could go outside and play. Can I?”

“Well, are you going to be by yourself?”

“No, James was going to come play too. Please, Momma. I’ll be good.”

“I don’t know.”

“Relax, pet. I’ll go with her. You can stay here and have fun at the banquet. It is for us after all.” He bent down and picked up his daughter.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” He turned towards her and smiled.

“I’ve had plenty of banquets in my time. I think I can disappear from this one for a while to be with my daughter. Besides, this is only what, your twentieth; you’ve got a lot more before you’re caught up with me.” He gave her a bright smile before pecking her lips and heading through the crowd towards the door with their daughter.

Buffy smiled, and headed towards the table where the food was. She watched as her mother and father-in-law danced together both smiling happily. Her friends Xander and Anya and her sister Willow were all talking in a corner, having a great time and Dawn was dancing with some cute boy she’d met. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Life was great.
*********************************************************************************
A/N: Well, that's it guys. Hope you liked it. Please check out my other stories. Thanks to all my readers/reviewers!