When their lips met, William knew at that instant his life was changed. Fireworks flashed behind his closed eyes, his breath caught in his throat and his heart beat rapidly. He was falling in love with this girl.

His lips were softer then they looked. It was like kissing silk. It was amazing! Buffy clutched his neck, playing with the curls of his hair. She was defiantly falling for the Duke’s son, and it was a wonderful feeling.

She pulled away and looked in to his eyes. They were both panting and wishing it wasn’t over. William’s hands grasped Buffy’s upper arms; his thumbs rubbed circles over the fabric. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, kneading his hair at the base. They stayed like that for a while, until William was pulled out of the trance.

He quickly let go of Buffy and stepped away. He ran a hand through his hair nervously. He was looking everywhere but at her. “Sorry.” He whispered.
“What?” She looked at him confused.

“I-I shouldn’t of done that. I’m sorry, pet, it’s just…” he dropped his hand with a sigh.

“William? What is it? Did I do something wrong?” Her eyes shined with unshed tears and confusion.

“No luv, you didn’t do anything wrong.” He kissed her lips again and pulled her to him. After a minute she looked up and caressed his cheek. He placed his hand on hers and pulled it away. Buffy only had a second to protest before his lips were on hers again.

William walked home a few hours later whistling a happy tune. He hadn’t been this happy in a long time a nothing could ruin his mood. He walked into the dinning hall, with a hop to his step. His father was seated at the head of the table talking to a tall, dark haired man. William sat down at the table. “Ah, William, I’m so glad that you could join us.” His father said happily. “I would like you to meet some one. This is Liam Angelus.” He gestured to the tall dark man who smiled and offered his hand to shake. William immediately didn’t like him but shook his hand any way.
“I was just talking to your father about you. I’m here with my sister. I was hoping she could meet you.”

“Pity, she’s not here then.” William replied sarcastically.

“Oh, she is here son. Rose Mary took her out to the garden. They should be back any minute. I think you’ll be quite fond of her. She’s quite pretty, William, and the Angelus’ are very wealthy.” Just then, Rosy walked in with a young, dark haired woman. She was dressed in a long, dark red gown with golden trim. Her black hair was pulled on top of her head, with ringlets hanging down on each side. She was very pretty, like his father had said.

“Dru, this is William. William, this is Drusilla.” Liam introduced them.

“It’s nice to meet you my lady.” William said politely, placing a kiss on her hand.

“Ms. Edith said you would be handsome, but I did not expect this.” She said with a curtsy.

“Ms Edith?” He looked at Liam, who shrugged.

“Why are you here, Sir Angelus?”

“Your father didn’t tell you? My sister is to be your bride if all works out. And I myself am here to find a wife.” William’s jaw dropped at his words. So much for not having his mood ruined.

Buffy walked towards her home in a daze. She knew it was wrong of her to be having these feelings for William but she couldn’t help it. And for some reason she didn’t feel guilty. Being with him just felt…right.
“Hey, Buffy!” Her friend Xander waved at her from a fruit stand.

“Hi Xander! How are you?” She met him in the middle of the street. He had been her best friend since she was little. He had kissed her once when she was fourteen. He had also lived in America and had come to England on the same ship.

“I’m good. Dad and the family are good. He’s making good money on the farm.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah. I was on my way to see your sister. Mind if I walk with you?”

“Of course not.” They walked of towards her house chattering happily.