William's head was pounding from listening to Drusilla’s constant rambling. She had to be the craziest bird—no person—he’d ever met. The idea of marrying her was scary and sickening. He couldn’t imagine why his father had chosen someone like Drusilla to be his potential bride.

He closed his eyes and fell back onto his bed with a sigh. Visions of Buffy played behind his closed eyes and he couldn’t help but smile. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get the memory or feel of the kiss out of his mind. Feeling these things for Buffy was wrong and he knew it. His father would be furious if he found out. Yet his grandmother seemed perfectly happy with the idea of him and Buffy. Maybe they could work out after all.

He felt an extra weight on his bed and opened his eyes to see his grandmother sitting there. “Drusilla’s an interesting lady isn’t she?” she said.
“Interesting’s not a good enough word for it. She’s a crazy bint rambling on about the stars and talking dolls. Where did Da’ find her?”

“God only knows. I don’t like her or that Liam gentleman. I get the feeling he’s up to something.”

“Me too. I feel like he’s puttin’ on an act, like he’s a completely different person behind closed doors.”

“I’ll talk to your father and see if I can get some sense into that thick head.”

“I think that’s a good idea. I’m going to take a walk and clear my head.”

William was walking through the town with thoughts of the Angelus’ running through his mind. The idea of Liam being up to something was in the back of his brain. He was usually good with judging people and the fact that he didn’t like Liam from the start made him uneasy.

William was so lost in thought that he hadn’t realized were he was going until he was standing in front of Buffy’s house. It was very quaint and had a pleasant air about it. It seemed to resemble warmth and family. He made his way up the walk and knocked on the door.

Xander, Buffy and her two sisters were all sitting at the table in her kitchen. Xander was telling them about a woman he had met. He said her name was Anna or Anya or something. He seemed to like her a lot and Buffy was happy for him.

Her sister Willow on the other hand seemed to have different feelings. She knew Willow had a crush on Xander but he was always oblivious to it. She just hoped that Willow would find a guy who loved her, because she defiantly deserved one. A knock at the door interrupted Buffy’s reverie.

“I’ll get it!” her younger sister Dawn said, jumping up from the table. When Dawn opened the door she froze. She couldn’t believe who was standing in front of her. Shaking her head and trying to find her voice she asked, “C-can I help you?”
“I-I…um was wondering if I could speak to Elizabeth, If she's… um here that is?”

“Buffy, some one’s here to see you.” Dawn said without her eyes leaving William. Buffy walked over to the door to see who her visitor was. Her heart sped up when she saw William standing at the door.
“Um… hi.”

“Hi. Can I talk to you?” Buffy immediately filled with dread. Maybe her thoughts about William had been wrong. Maybe he thought kissing her was a mistake. Buffy just nodded and walked outside, shutting the door behind her. She stood in front of him with her arms wrapped insecurely around her. She didn’t want to know what he had to say.

“I can’t stop thinking about you. You're all I bloody think about. Dream about. You're in my gut ... my throat ... I'm drowning in you, Buffy, and there’s nothing I can do about it.” He looked at her with longing in his eyes.
“But?”

“But I feel like everything I’m feeling, thinking is wrong. I feel like if anyone found out, I would be an embarrassment and I can’t do that to my family.” Buffy was confused. When they had kissed two days ago he seemed perfectly fine with it. He initiated the kiss in the first place anyway. Why was he the one having reservations? It didn’t make since.

“Something happened didn’t it? Something happened that made you feel this way.” He ran a hand trough his blonde hair and sat down on the ground. He rubbed his hands down his face, thinking. Finally, he settled his hands across his knees and looked at her. She sat down beside him. “Tell me.” He stared at her; contemplating whether or not to explain himself.

“My father had some guests over today. He’s looking for a bride for me and he brought these strange people home. It got me thinking about the kiss. I want to regret it but I can’t. It felt to perfect to be guilty about. I’m just so bloody confused.” Buffy smiled at him as he laid his head in his hands.

She wrapped a comforting arm around him. “I don’t know much about your family or how the upper class rules go, but I do know that when something feels right it can’t be wrong. I know that we’ve only kissed once and we haven’t known each other for that long, but I feel something for you. I feel safe and comfortable around you. If there’s something wrong with that then there’s something wrong with the world.” He looked up at her and leaned his forehead against hers.

“I guess you’re right. I’m just not used to feeling this way. And I don’t want to put you in danger. If we do start something, it’s going to be hard to keep secret. Are you willing to take the risk?” he pulled away and looked directly into her eyes.

“If you are?”

“I am.”

“Then me too.” She smiled and he kissed her lips. The three faces at the window watched with wonder and worry.