Xander’s mouth fell open as he looked at the couple outside. Willow was just staring unable to speak and Dawn had her hand over her mouth. Xander finally realized he was staring and shook his head. “What, what is that? They can’t do that can they? I mean that’s illegal isn’t it?” He was frantically pointing outside.
“I didn’t know Buffy and the Duke’s son were uh… together. Why didn’t she tell us?” Dawn asked the others.

“Because she probably didn’t want us to know or maybe she didn’t want to mess it up.” Willow tried to makes since of what was going on. How could Buffy be with the Duke’s son and not tell anyone? She got the fact it was dangerous because both of them could get in big trouble but still, she should have told them.

“I can’t believe this.” Xander said shaking his head. “Is she crazy?”

“Xander calm down. We’ll just talk to her when she comes back inside. We’ll sort everything out, don’t worry.”

Buffy walked in a few minutes later and was greeted by angry and confused faces. “Uh, hey guys.”
“Is there something you want to share, Buff?” Xander asked.

“Like what?” Buffy tried to act clueless. It didn’t work.

“Don’t play dumb with us, missy. We saw you all kissy-face with the Duke’s son. The Duke’s son! Is he a good kisser? I bet he’s a good kisser.”

“That’s not the point, Will. The point is trying to figure out what the heck Buffy’s thinking.” He had turned to Buffy now and was waiting for her answer.

“What I’m thinking?”

“Are you crazy? Buffy, being with the Duke’s son is dangerous. Don’t you realize that?”

“Of course I realize that. What do you think he came over here to talk to me about, the weather? We know all the risks involved, we’re going to be careful.”

“Careful?! Did you ever think that maybe he’s using you?! That maybe he’ll just dump you once he finds a potential bride?!” Buffy stood on her tip-toes to be nose-to-nose with Xander.

“Thanks for the support Xand! You’re a real friend!” With that she turned around and stomped out. The door slammed so hard, a painting fell off the wall.

‘How could he even think that?’ Buffy wondered as she walked the streets. She was trying to find William; hoping he hadn’t gotten home yet. She really needed to talk with him. She didn’t believe what Xander said was true, but it still made her a little insecure.

A blonde head in the crowd caught her attention and she looked up to see William. He wasn’t alone. A very pretty, dark haired woman was talking to him. Buffy was about to walk up to them when the woman kissed William on the lips. Buffy froze and her heart broke into a thousand pieces. The only thought that went through her mind was ‘Xander was right.’ She turned around and ran, not seeing William’s concerned and regretful face.

“What is it my William? Why do you not kiss me back?” Drusilla asked clutching William’s arm.

“Because I don’t like you, you silly bint. I don’t want you or your brother here anymore and expect to have you gone by tomorrow. Got it?” His words were spoken with a harsh tone but it didn’t seem to faze Drusilla.

“Why must you turn away from me, William? I can give you things that you can only imagine. But no, you don’t see that. All you see is ‘her’. She surrounds you. It’s sickening.” She suddenly began to cough violently. Then stopped. “It chokes me to think you could love someone like ‘her’. But I can’t even save you now my William.” She ran one long finger down his cheek. He grabbed her arm and yanked it away from him. His anger was boiling over and he needed to find Buffy, now.

“Leave. Take you and your poofter of a brother with you and get the soddin’ hell away from me, Buffy and this town.” His usually bright cerulean eyes were dark with rage. Drusilla reluctantly backed off and turned to leave. Over her shoulder she said, “You’re making a mistake William. You’ll see.”

Buffy ran until her lungs burned and her legs ached. When she finally stopped to catch her breathe, the tears fell. She had never felt so betrayed and so used in her life. Everything Xander had said was true. William didn’t want her; she was just convenient. Buffy put her face in her hands and collapsed on the ground in sobs.

“Is everything okay Miss?” Buffy looked up to find the owner of the voice. A tall, dark haired, handsome man was standing above her. When he realized she had been crying he pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and handed it to her.

“Who are you?” She sniffed.

“Oh, how rude of me. I’m Liam Angelus but you can call me Angel.”