Regaining Memories



Regaining Memories
By Rachel
Disclaimer
: Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Spike once again loses Buffy, but 100 years later, she returns. However, her return isn't what he expected. As the two of them are trying to deal with what's going on, the two have the apocalypse to deal with.
Spoilers: Let's just say everything up to "Hell's Bells" or so. I started writing this post-"Hells Bells" and the suddenly quit and didn't restart until mid-June. This takes place 100 years from then, but bits and pieces of 6th season especially will show up. So spoilers from the season finale (Especially the ending) aren't in this story.
Author’s Notes: Signifies thoughts. *________* Signifies stressed words. Scenes in Italics are flashbacks/dreams.
Distribution: My site, Sinister Attraction, the groups I'm sending them out to, and....anyone else can just ask me first! (I'll probably say 'yes')
Feedback? OF COURSE!
Special Thanks: I just want to thank Sandy, who beta-ed the fic for me. Thanks for all the tips and comments, you're too sweet! This story would have never been posted anywhere if it weren't for you talking me into it!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It was a bright and sunny day. Spike was dressed in his usual all black outfit and leather jacket and was surrounded by a huge crowd of strangers. The sun was beaming down on him, forcing Spike to squint as he gazed at the people standing around him. he thought to himself. Immediately, he knew that something was wrong with this scenario.
When the crowd unexpectedly parted, Spike suddenly saw a familiar face standing in front of him. She was wearing a dark blue dress that fell to the ground, something elegant that he'd never seen her wear before. Her hazel eyes were glistening in the sunlight, and Spike had never before seen a bigger smile on her face before.
That "familiar face" was Buffy.
he told himself. Spike stared at Buffy for another second before wondering, . All of the strangers suddenly disappeared in a flash; yet, it took Spike a moment to realize that standing there, less than twenty feet away from him, was his love that he had lost so long ago. Spike started to walk up to her, and Buffy did the same, her pace quickening by the second.
Buffy ran up to Spike and flew into his open arms. Spike looked down at her and placed his hands over her cheeks, feeling her warm skin. He trailed his fingers down her cheeks before they lightly traveled across her lips. Buffy kissed his fingers before she started raising her head, her lips begging to be kissed. When Spike met lips with Buffy, his world exploded. He hungrily continued the kiss, wanting to hold onto his golden goddess for an eternity.
The two kissed forever, neither one of them wanting to pull back and stop; but Buffy slowly pulled back. "Spike," she started. "Can you wait for me a little bit longer?"
"I'll always be waiting for you, love."
"Good, because I'm back. Can you believe it? I'm back!" she said, excitedly.
Spike thought, grinning down at her as he felt her warm breath blow past his cheeks. "Back?" he questioned.
"Terrible things are coming," Buffy spoke.
"Aren't they always?" Spike asked, his grin turning into his usual smirk.
"I'm serious. Spike...you have to be ready. Be ready for anything," Buffy commanded. "And find her. Find the Slayer."
"Find the slayer?" Spike asked her, not understanding what she was trying to tell him. "I...I don't understand-"
"I missed you," she said, changing the subject once again.
"I miss you more each day," he whispered. Spike smiled as he breathed in her sweet scent of vanilla and flowers. Then, Buffy stood on her tiptoes to reach his mouth and kiss him once again.
Buffy's voice murmured in his head. Then, before Spike could respond, he felt himself being pulled out of the dream.
 
~~~
 
Spike awoke in his bed with a jolt. "Bloody hell," he muttered to himself, rubbing his eyes. That dream had felt so vivid and realistic, so different than the numerous dreams he had of his slayer.
"Find the new Slayer?" he whispered to himself as he rubbed his eyes. "Why?" He didn't know whether the dream was from his overactive imagination or...perhaps Buffy was actually trying to contact him. He quickly shook that thought out of his head. If Buffy had wanted to contact him, she would have done it much earlier, like around the time where when he had come close to killing himself.
Demons in the underground were calling the current slayer the next Buffy Summers. She'd been called at age sixteen and was already nearing her twenty-first birthday, making her one of only three slayers to have lived this that long.
The current slayer was said to have the exact same qualities of Buffy Summers, the legendary slayer who had died three times, had two vampire lovers, and left a legacy for all future slayers. She fought in a style that no one had ever seen before, able to outsmart demons with her witty puns and fast roundhouse kicks. She had saved the world countless times and somehow managed to lead a life at school and with her friends. She had an untamed Watcher, and her friends bravely fought at her side. For those reasons, Spike had refused to see her.
He didn't want to risk bringing back all the memories that he had of Buffy. Next month would mark the 100th-year anniversary of her death, and her death was entirely his fault.
 
~~~
TBC...