Regaining Memories -- Epilogue



Regaining Memories -- Epilogue
Disclaimer
: Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.
Note: Thanks for the feedback everyone!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
The demons had been killed with great teamwork. Anne finally killed the demon that opened the hellmouth by cutting off its head. The hellmouth hadn't been fully opened yet, thank God, and the three-headed demon was the only thing that managed to get out, another demon that Anne swiftly executed. Andrew and Wilona performed a simple spell that resealed the hellmouth, hopefully making it more difficult to open in future years.
The watchers hadn't been seen in town since that one night, and the gang thought that they could finally relax a little bit.
Several nights later, Alex, Wilona, Anne, and Spike all gathered at the Golden Stake. Alex and Wilona were dancing out on the dance floor. Their plan was to leave Anne and Spike alone so they could talk everything out. Hopefully, it would also allow everything between the two of them to return to normal. Of course, that would never happen if neither one of them started up a conversation!
Anne glanced over at Spike, watching him drink his beer. she thought in amazement.
"I still can't believe it," Spike said.
"What?" Anne asked, having not heard what he said since she was too lost in her thoughts.
"I can't believe that the one chance I would have had to kick some demon ass, and I was bleeding all over your couch like a nancy boy," Spike said partly out of disappointment. "I should have been out there helping you."
"Well, you helped me train for it," Anne reminded him. "I definitely did *not* 'leave my left side open for any nasties' this time," she said, imitating Spike's accent.
"That is a horrible accent, love," Spike said, smirking at her. Their conversation stopped for a second because they didn’t really know what else to say to each other.
"Hey," Anne said over to him softly, drinking in his eyes.
Spike returned her look, asking, "Yes?"
"Do you want to dance?" Anne asked. Spike didn't even reply -- he didn't need to. Instead, he extended his hand and took hers. The two headed onto the dance floor and then faced each other. Spike rested his hands on her waist as the two swayed back and forth to the slow beats.
The two stood there together, holding each other, for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, Anne breathed in his scent and took a small step back. "I have something that I have to tell you now."
Spike gazed down at her in love. "What's that, love?"
 
"I think I've figured everything out," Anne said.
 
"And that is?"
 
"I...I think I get it now," Anne started, looking at him in the eyes. "I'm Anne, the current slayer who can kick ass better than anyone, but...but I'm Buffy. Her soul, her *essence*, is inside of me. I *am* her, and I can deal with that now. The only...the *only* person who has been constantly there for me, is...it's you, Spike."
Spike let out a small smile, not believing what she was saying. Finally, she was beginning to deal with this instead of simply ignoring it. "So, I guess you're ready to deal now, huh, Anne?" he asked, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.
Anne paused, considering what she was going to say next. "Can you..." she hesitated, stopped, and began again, this time more forcefully. "I want you…I want *everyone* to call me Buffy. I am Buffy." Both of them smiled at that.
"Okay...Buffy," Spike said. It felt like such a relief to finally be able to say her name again without his heart aching and the memories of his failures rushing back to him.
"And I have to tell you something. It's something that I've been trying to say for one hundred years, and I need to let you know," Anne said, taking a small step toward Spike, pressing her body against his. "I love you."
Spike froze, looking at her in amazement. "Say it again."
Buffy smiled. "Spike, I love you."
Spike picked her up and spun her around on the floor, raining kisses all over her face. "And that's all I need pet, that's all I need for the rest of my life."
~~~~~
 
The end.
 
Thank you for all the support and kind feedback through the course of this story. I hope you enjoyed the fic -- leave me a review and let me know what you thought!