Returning 4/9



Returning 4/9
By *~Rachel*~

Disclaimer
: Disclaimer: Oh yes…they are ALL MINE! (Sarcastic) Haha. RIGHT. Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Twentieth Century Fox Productions, UPN, Sandollar Television, and Mutant Enemy own BtVS. No copyright infringements were intended. This is my story and not meant to copy the show.

Rating: It's basically PG-13 all the way though until the last part, which is sort of borderline R/NC-17

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"And then Anya screamed when some little girl thought that it'd be cute to bring in a white rabbit to the shower because her mom just got it for her as a birthday present." Buffy said, thinking back to the party that everyone had thrown for Anya. Xander's co-workers were invited to the wedding so the wives attended the bridal shower. She was explaining to Spike everything that had happened at the party. "We had a hell of a time trying to explain to everyone why Anya was deathly afraid of the rabbit."

 
"Sounds like Demon Girl had fun," Spike said. They walked down the sidewalk in the dark, nearing Buffy's home. Buffy had gone over to Spike's crypt in the afternoon and stayed with him for the remainder of the day, something she had started doing several times each week. The two talked and laughed over Anya and Xander's pre-wedding festivities.

"God, you should have seen her and the stripper though." Buffy said. She shivered and wrapped her long, black, leather jacket around her. "She insisted we have one." Spike chucked before wrapping an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him to keep her warm. Although he had no body heat, she immediately felt warmer.

"I bet Harris would love to hear about that," Spike said smugly. Although he and Xander were getting along, Spike still loved to make fun of him. "Maybe I should mention it sometime."

"You're never going to stop making fun of him, are you?" Buffy asked, looking over at him.

"Can't help it, love. It's just too much fun." The two rounded a curb and came into view of Buffy’s house. "How's Niblet doing?" Spike asked. He hadn't seen much of her recently since every time he was at Buffy's house Dawn was out with her friends.

"Oh, she's great. She's got this major crush for a guy now," Buffy explained. "She's been going to the Bronze almost every Friday and Saturday night to hang out with him and her friends."

"Like a date?" Spike asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well...I guess..." Buffy said. "She's almost sixteen."

"She can't date! She's too young," Spike said, stopping her as they stood under a street lamp. "Guys around that age gonna take advantage of her." Since caring for Dawn the summer after Buffy’s death, Spike had become almost unreasonably protective of the younger girl.

"I was dating Angel when I was 16," Buffy reminded him.

Spike made a face of disgust and tried not to insult her ex-boyfriend. "Let's not talk about the poufter, okay, love?"

Buffy grinned, knowing that she hit a sore spot. "Okay then, let's not talk at all." And she pulled him toward her to kiss him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Riley walked down the sidewalk near Buffy's house. He wanted to tell her everything that had happened in South America, all the death and demons he had seen there. He needed to tell her that he'd worked everything out mentally and wanted to start over with her again. He needed to be with her again, and he knew that she would want him back too. Since she was so upset to see him leave she'd probably welcome him back with open arms.

He turned left and saw Buffy's house. The lights were on so hopefully someone was home. Riley thought. He grinned, thinking,

He had always hated that blonde vampire. He hated that Buffy seemed to have a soft spot for him, never being able to stake him. Riley could think of many good excuses -- the "engagement," the time when Spike had hoped to get his chip out and ended up almost getting Riley killed, and not to mention the hundreds of people he had killed during the decades before he arrived in Sunnydale. Hopefully, Buffy had finally come to her senses and killed him.

Across the street, he saw a couple dressed in long leather coats kissing under the light of a streetlamp. Riley squinted, trying to make out their features because something about them seemed very familiar. He had good eyesight but… he thought when he realized that the man was Spike The couple were very wrapped up in each other, and the angle of the girl’s face made it impossible for Riley to identify her. He could see the long blonde hair ... he wondered.

 
Riley stayed hidden in the shadows on the other side of the street as he approached Spike and his mystery friend. Finally, he got close enough to recognize her He watched the two kiss under the beam of light, disgusted by what he was seeing. he thought, trying not to gag. *His* girl, albeit not girlfriend, was kissing the one thing in this town that he truly loathed. Although he wanted to tear his eyes away from the scene, he couldn't, feeling compelled to watch, and straining to hear what, if anything, was being said.

Riley watched Spike slide his hands inside Buffy’s coat, his hands running up underneath her shirt and along her bare back. Buffy giggled, her lips breaking away from Spike's for a second. "Ooh, hands...hands in new places," she said to him, drawing her tongue across his lower lip. Spike moved his hands to the side of her body and then to her chest before he gently caressed her breasts. "Ooh, hands in nice places now," Buffy joked again before kissing him.

Bile rose in Riley's throat and he fought the urge to gag for fear of getting caught. The image of Spike groping Buffy would be forever etched in his memory. Riley thought. Riley turned around and walked back to the hotel he was staying at. There was no way that he was going to talk to Buffy tonight, not when he just saw her moaning and Spike's hands all over her, touching areas that were meant for him alone. Riley thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Slayer," Spike whispered, trying to calm her down and stop her from trying to jump his bones while they were still outside where everyone could see them. "Maybe we should..." he kissed her on the lips, breaking his speech. "We should...get inside..."

 
"Dawn's home," Buffy replied, breaking his kiss to reply. "With Willow."

"Well...maybe we could sneak past them," Spike suggested, looking down at her, her lips moistened and swollen from his kisses.

"Spike..." she warned, using a tone of voice she only used when she was pissed at him, which hadn't been recently, but she still didn't want to let her friends see any more of the two of them then they had to.

"I know, love," Spike replied, knowing that he wouldn't have gotten away with it. He kissed her once more and swept his fingers through her hair. "Anyway, there's bound to be something good on the telly now."

"At midnight?" Buffy asked, raising her eyebrows. "Whatever you say, Spike."

Spike and Buffy broke apart, Buffy pulling down and straightening her shirt as Spike pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Goodnight, love." Spike said.

"Goodnight Spike," Buffy replied. "Are you coming over tomorrow? Dawn will be out again, and we'll have the place all to ourselves all night..." she started suggesting.

"Count me in, pet," Spike said.

"Good," Buffy smiled. The two separated and Spike started walking away as Buffy stood there, watching him. "Spike!" She called out to him, stopping him from walking.

"Yes, love?" he asked, turning around.

"I..." Buffy said it. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"You got it, slayer." Spike said, before walking off and disappearing into the night.

"I'm so stupid," Buffy muttered to herself as she turned back around and started walking up to her house and the front porch. Finally, things were all worked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~