Part 8




Part 8
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, is there anything I can get you?" Dawn asked Buffy. Buffy lay sprawled out on her bed, relaxing and trying to regain her strength.

"No, I'm okay, Dawnie," Buffy said. "I just need to...heal up from this."

"Okay then, well...if anyone stops by-"

"I don't want to see them...unless it's Spike," Buffy replied. Later that day, she had sent Xander out to tell Spike that she was out of the hospital and wanted to see him. When Xander returned, he reported that Spike wasn't at his crypt and no one else knew where he was either.

"I think Xander feels really bad about what he said to Spike, though. He was kinda mean to him." Dawn said. She walked into Buffy's room and sat down at the edge of her bed. "I guess that's why he agreed to go find him for you."

"Well, you know Xander, he can sometimes think with his...well, he doesn't think with his brain," Buffy said. "That's how it's always been."

"You should have seen Spike, I've never seen him look so...freaked." Dawn said. "He was totally freaking out about you being in there. I think he kind of blames himself."

"Well, there's no reason he should," Buffy said, sitting up against her headboard and looking at Dawn. "He got me out in time."

"That must have been so weird, seeing Riley again but as a vampire." Dawn said.

"Well, I wasn't even conscious for most of it, but it was...well, to tell you the truth, I didn't even feel anything for him." Buffy said. She knew whom she wanted now, and Riley wasn't in the picture at all. "I just wanted him off of me."

"But Spike got to you in time, so everything is good," Dawn said, smiling and trying to get her sister to look at an optimistic side of everything.

"Yeah, unless he never shows his face again and then I can't ever tell him that," Buffy said, sighing at how stupid Spike could act sometimes.

"What's it like?" Dawn asked.

Buffy, who had closed her eyes, only made a noise that resembled a "hmm?"

"Getting bit by a vampire, what's that like?" Dawn asked.

"Draining," Buffy responded deadpan.

Dawn grinned. "Come on, Buffy, this makes it like four vampires now, what's it like?"

Buffy opened her eyes. "Okay, curious one, you are asking way too many questions about this for my enjoyment. It's not something you ever need to worry about and it's not something that I like to relive."

"Oh, sorry then," Dawn replied. She rose from the bed. "Are you sure you don't want anything from downstairs?"

"Yeah, Dawnie. I'm fine," Buffy replied.

"Okay then," Dawn said, starting to walk out of Buffy's room.

"Dawnie? Thanks for cheering me up some," Buffy replied, smiling over at her sister. Dawn just grinned and walked out of Buffy's room, closing the door behind her.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
"So, is there anything I can get you?" Dawn asked Buffy. Buffy lay sprawled out on her bed, relaxing and trying to regain her strength.

A couple more days passed and Buffy was almost back to 100% strength. Unlike pervious times when she felt a surge of energy flowing through her veins after being bit, RIley bite had drained her. Buffy had no clue why he affected her so differently than all the rest.

A scar had formed in the shape of Riley's teeth, and Buffy knew that, once again, this was a vampire scar that wasn't going to go away. she kept thinking. Riley's scar was on top of Angel and Dracula's scar, a place that vampires seemed to like. However, when a week went by and there was still no sign of Spike, Buffy was becoming frantic.

"What the hell is he thinking?" Buffy asked Dawn as she paced around her room. "I mean, it's been a week and he still hasn't dropped by. He hasn't even been stalking me in the shadows."

"Well, maybe he just wants to wait a little bit longer..." Dawn suggested.

"For what? I'm alive? I'm healthy and alive and kicking, there's no reason why he couldn't have come by like 5 days ago to see me." Buffy said. "I just wish I knew where he was."

"He's probably drunk in a bar somewhere," Dawn said. Knowing Spike, he was probably at some place like Willy's, getting totally trashed.

"Yes, I know that my boyfriend has some alcoholic issues, but I checked all of those places and no one has seen him in weeks," Buffy said. She hadn't been doing much to drain her of energy, but she had run through all of the bars in town to see if Spike had been visiting them.

"Well, he's probably following you around and you just can't even tell it," Dawn said. "He's gonna show up, he's...he's Spike, the guy that's totally in love with you?"

"What if he left?" Buffy blurted out her biggest worry.

"Oh puh-leeze, Buffy, The guy can't stand to not be within like 10 feet of you. He's so whipped!"

Buffy smiled over at Dawn and chuckled. "Yeah, he really is, isn't he?" She was beginning to love these talks with her younger sister. Now that Dawn was getting a little bit older, she could handle more mature conversations and Buffy loved to have someone else besides a best friend to talk to about her personal life. Dawn, in return, loved hearing everything about her older sister. "Maybe I should go out and try to find him?"

"You think you're up for it?" Dawn asked. "Like, do you have enough strength?"

"Yeah, maybe I'll do a quick sweep of the area around his crypt to see if he's there," Buffy said, grabbing some stakes and putting on a brown leather jacket to match her dark brown skirt and black top.

"Okay...so, should I expect you back tonight or not?" Dawn asked, grinning at Buffy slyly.

"Dawn, that is...well...that's none of your business!" Buffy said quickly. "Look, I'll probably be back home in a couple hours. I just need to talk to him about stuff. If I'm not back by then call someone like Xander or Tara to come over just to watch over you for the night, okay?"

"But Buffy, I can stay here by myself-"

"Just...make your older sister happy, okay?" Buffy asked. Dawn nodded and Buffy swept her fingers through her sister's hair. "I'll see you later, Dawnie," Buffy said before walking out of her room.

"I might as well go call Xander or Tara now," Dawn muttered to herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~